• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,575 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,575

The Plans

Unknown planet (Terra?), NSS Cyberaid, 2562 10th of February 15:55

"Sir, we may face a problem with the earlier creatures," it said, with it's synthetic female voice.

"What happened?" I ask. They couldn't have escaped, right?

"The creatures appear to be wearing armor," it answered, with a slightly distressed tone.

"... Seriously?" I whisper. What the fuck, why did this planet need sentient life!

"Yes, there is a 99.9% chance the creatures we caught, is part of a local, sentient species," it answered. Making me dread my earlier decision to taze them.

"Fuck, gather the other Heads! We need to discuss it as quickly as we can," I yelled, this is gonna be a lot harder than we thought.


Equestria, Far, far outskirts of Dodge Junction, 16:10

Sharp Spear

"Do you think the others found anything?" I ask Hammer.

"Maybe, maybe not, we don't even know what we are looking for," He answers with a stoic expression.

"Well, we should probably go back more quickly. Wonder if they got back already," I said, while I still wished we had found something, I was also thankful we didn't.

As we went trotting towards the village, I was thinking about what my friend talked to me about before, apparently he saw a few shooting stars. While I didn't care about it, he said it was pretty strange, since Princess Luna had a strict schedule for everything. Maybe this had something to do with this search?

Once we finally got to the village, we went straight towards the guardhouse, nothing we could do anywhere else.

When we got in, we saw both Glaive and Skewer waiting.

"Did Sunny and Silver come yet?" Hammer asked.

"Not yet, and we also didn't see anything that warrant's suspicion, how about you?" Glaive said, he seemed worried, although we had nothing to worry about.

"We also didn't see anything," Hammer said, while he was a stoic pony, he also talked quite a bit when he was asked.

"Well, does anyone want some food? I'm hungry," Skewer asked us, even though she was a Pegasus, her appetite would make even the most hungry earth pony embarrassed.

"Where to?" I asked, guess we'll just wait till the other two come.


Barrett Grain, Chief Medical Officer

Something was up, that much was clear. At first it just seemed like it was gonna be an everyday fighting fest, or in other words, voting. But the Captain was looking very nervous, and the vote still hasn't started yet.

"Alright, you guys are probably wondering what happened in the last hour. Well, I guess I have no other way of saying this... but we aren't alone on this planet," Anderson said with a slightly grave tone, did he mean the Syndicate?

"Could you elaborate on that?" Geoffrey asked with a gruff, annoyed tone.

"Well, at 15:50 today, the AI informed me of two strange beings, only visible in the infrared mode of it's cameras. After they got dangerously close to the base, I decided to order the guards to taze them, when they finally did, said beings became visible to the naked eye, and appears that they where wearing armor, and also had short swords in sheaths." Anderson said.

"Really? Where are they now?" I asked.

"In the brig, I have no idea what to do, I'm not a diplomat, so I needed to get your opinions on this matter," he explains.

"We can't simply kill them, they would get suspicious and send more to look for their warriors, but we can't set them free, they would lead more to us. We could try gaining their trust, but it could take too long and more could come searching for them," Cali keeps muttering, most likely going through hundreds of ideas.

"Maybe we send them back with a few gifts, try and explain that we mean no harm?" Kevin says, not entirely sure it will work, personally I think we should send in a diplomat group, but nobody listens to the doctors.

"Maybe we should send in a diplomat group?" said Micheal. Wow.

"Good idea, all in favor of this course of action?" asked Joseph.

Almost all of the Heads raised their hands, everyone except me, since in my mind, this was all going to go horribly wrong, like everything else we did.

"Alright, I want you all to set up a group of individuals who you can trust to get this done," He said.

"What do we do with the ones we have now?" I asked.

"We'll keep them with us until we are able to explain the situation to their leaders, for now let's try to make their time here as painless as possible," Cali said. This felt so wrong, we shouldn't be doing this, hopefully nothing goes awry.


16:20

Silver Sword

Ow, my head hurts, what happened? As I try to get on my hooves, I look around myself and saw a strange, room of sorts, but instead of walls, it was surrounded by really tinted glass. It had a bed in one corner, but nothing else

What kind of room is this? Also, why am I inside this room?

The last thing I remember is us finding a base, we got closer and then... I felt a bunch of pain, and then fell unconscious.

Are we captured? That's the only thing that makes sense.

"Sunny?" I asked, as I start waking up, I realize I don't see her anywhere.

Silence, this is bad, this room is so weird, I can't hear anything from in here, it's driving me mad!

"Let me out of here! Please, I don't want to deal with this, we did nothing wrong!" I yelled, those creatures aren't monsters right?

After yelling for a bit more, I start calming down, those creatures probably won't hear me, won't even understand me most likely.

Celestia, please protect us.


Geoffrey Conan, Head of Security

"I feel sorta bad for the thing, it looks pretty distressed," a security officer says, while I agreed, we still couldn't release them right now.

"Did the other one wake up yet?" I asked.

"Not yet, but I think it will in about an hour," he replies.

This was crazy, he studied ancient human mythology when he was little, and to see a Pegasus and Unicorn in real life was so, I don't even know what to say, although admittedly their proportions where way off.

"Notify me when the other one wakes up," I said, before going towards the armory. It always helped to be prepared I guess.


16:50

Sunny Skies

I am absolutely miserable, my everything hurts, plus I'm really tired...

But when I start looking around myself more clearly, I remember what happened to me and Silver.

Those creatures attacked us, they're dangerous! We need to inform the others. I could send a message to them through magic, but I will most likely fall unconscious. Nothing better to do now, I guess.

As I start preparing, I hear a hissing sound, and one of the glass walls just slides sideways, revealing one of the creatures that attacked me and Silver Sword. I won't let you stop me from doing my duty!


"Sir! The horned one is doing something, come quic-AAAAH!" yelled the security officer watching over them.

My blood froze, after recovering from that blood curling scream, I run towards the brig with all my strength.

As I run past all my fellow crewmen, it seems a few of them heard the scream, and where looking towards the general direction of security, guess they couldn't hold the secret for long.

After I finally reach it, I slammed my ID against the Airlock, and ran inside, only to see one of my subordinates covered in blood on the floor, with the Unicorn unconscious.

I ran towards the security officer.

After chocking a bit, the security officer said "Don't worry sir, I'm way more robust than you might think," before falling unconscious.

As I start treating him, I turn around to see the blanket missing from the things cell. Where the hell is it?


Sharp Spear

It was getting pretty late, so we where debating whether to go search for them right now, or still wait.

"Look, have some faith in them, they can handle themsel-" Hammer was cut off, by a sudden blinding light, once I recover, I looked at the source, it appeared to be a blanket, but with some kind of message burned on it.

Once I gather enough strength to go near it, I slowly picked it up and I started reading the message out loud.

"This is Sunny, we have been captured, there are creatures who made a base, we are in a cell, it's east of the village, be careful, they are bipedal and have a very powerful magic," I said.

After I finished, most of us didn't know what to do, a few seconds later Hammer seemed to mentally prepared himself.

"Get the scroll, the princesses need to know," Hammer said.

Author's Note:

Cats have 2 sets of vocal cords: one for purring and one for meowing.

(From the wiki)

Robust:

Initially a term to describe the GUI and combat system of SS13 has since grown into a philosophy with different schools of thought. While used often as a word to describe someone being bested in combat (e.g. "I sure robusted those scrubs last night, gosh am I awesome.") ultimately to be robust one must do more than simply master hand to hand, ranged and chemical combat within SS13, but rather take upon a play style which incorporates quick thinking, foresight, knowledge and an ethical code which is unique unto each player on their own.
Being robust is not just knowing how to smash your foes faces in with a toolbox without being killed yourself, being robust is helping, serving and protecting those who cannot do these things for themselves. In other words, Bane may have broken Batman's back, but even when he was broken, Batman was more robust.