• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,574 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,574

The Journey

Equestria, Ponyville, 1156 AC 22nd of June, 12:00

Twilight Sparkle

"Uh, Twilight? While I do like a get together between friends, this seems a bit... extreme" Rarity said, a few bits of hair sticking out from her usually pristine hair.

"Sorry girls, but it's a direct order from the Princess. She ordered us to go towards Dodge Junction," I answered.

"Aaaand, why?" Rainbow asked. Stifling a yawn from escaping.

"According to the scroll, 2 guards where captured by a bipedal species. I'm meant to try to convince them to let them go," I explained.

"What if they attack?" Rarity said.

"Then we'll whoop their flanks!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Y-yes, actually," I said, caught off guard by her correct assessment.

"See, I'm smart," she replied.

"Or just lucky," Applejack said.

"Calm down girls. We're all tired, let's play nice for now," I said. Pinkie and Fluttershy seem to be the only ones that got enough sleep.

"Can you tell us when we'll be leaving? If it's alright with you," Fluttershy said, while she had become a lot more assertive than her old self, she still was pretty shy.

"The earliest train will go 30 minutes from now, I already got the tickets for that train," I said.

"What do you think these creatures are like?" Rarity asked, nopony said anything, but after a while, I decided to say something.

"Don't know, but we will probably find out," I said.


Unknown Planet (Terra), NSS Cyberaid, Bridge, 2562 11th of February, 12:00

Kenny, Scientist

"A whole new species? When did this happen?" I asked,

"Yesterday actually," Anderson said, his pet fox running between our legs.

"Could you tell us more?" asked the doctor.

"Well, they can manipulate Bluespace, and they look like ponies, that's the extent of it," he said, it sounded like he was hiding something, but honestly, I didn't care.

"Where are we supposed to go?" I asked.

"Since we got the AI online, it was able to detect multiple of the same species about 4 Kilometers to the west of here, I think it would be safe to assume that place is a village of sorts," he explained.

"Who will be the diplomat?" the same guy asked.

"It will be Kenny. This was a completely random choice, since none of us on board have any experience," the captain said.

"What! I can't do that, I don't know how to do anything diplomatic," I said, trying to make him reconsider.

"Don't worry, these first few days, we only need you to draw a few pictures on the ground, if they seem confused, make them understand. I'm sure this is more than possible for you, and, after that the AI will start teaching you or, if you don't want to, someone else diplomacy, although, if you do become a diplomat, you will be considered a hero," Joseph said

After a moment of consideration, I finally accepted it. But, I will need to let him know of something. "If I die, please don't tell my family, they get really emotional about these kind of stuff," I said, at first I wanted to say I would haunt him forever, but it's probably best if I didn't piss off the captain.

"Don't worry, Jess will look after you, and these two sec officers will protect all of you, it'll be fine," he tried to soothe our worry, which failed quite a bit, considering they where a completely unknown, new species.

"When will we depart sir?" asked the mechanic guy. His hair and clothes looked to be stained by a lot of oil, most likely from the mines.

"As soon as you are, although it would be best if you went early," he said.


12:30

Twilight Sparkle

"All aboard!" yelled the conductor.

"Finally, that took forever," Rainbow said, still looking pretty sleepy.

"Don't worry Dashy, I'll throw a party! That will cheer you up!" Pinkie yelled. Still full of enthusiasm.

After we sat on our seats, we felt the familiar chugging of the train.

"I even brought a few board games," Pinkie said, although it seemed they where pretty old, they would still be as fun.

"So Twilight dear, how long will this take us?" Rarity asked.

"It would probably be best for you girls to get some sleep, it will take about 4 hours," I explained, getting comfortable, this will take a while.


14:04

Kenny, Scientist

"Could you hurry up?" I said, with a lot of frustration behind it.

"I need to fix this up, alright? Changing an engine is a lot harder than you apparently think," the mechanic shot back.

After we got briefed, the (horribly slow) mechanic needed to change the engine of his pod. And so, being stuck in a very small workplace with 5 other people for 2 hours while the guy you are waiting on is standing in a nice, big open space with the cyborg, really pisses me off. Especially after he denied for us to go near his pod, saying it was 'Too dangerous', as if.

"... Done!" he yelled, startling me a bit.

After finally getting out of that cramped space, we got into another, cramped space.

But when the mechanic turned the engine on, I would almost say it was worth it, the flickering of all the lights and buttons, the big screen turning on, it was almost beautiful.

"So, I'm guessing you know where to go?" Jess asked the mechanic.

"It's on the screen, don't worry," He answered.

"How about we all get introduced to each other?" the doctor said.

Of course, everybody ignored him.

After a few more minutes of silence, I decided to break the ice.

"So, do you guys spar?" I asked.

"No, but I do watch a few matches, today you got beaten to a pulp by her, right?" the mechanic asked while pointing at Jess. I bit my tongue before I started insulting him.

Before I could start defending myself however, one of the security guys said "Yeah, we have to have a basic knowledge of hand to hand combat if we want to join Security, usually to robust someone, although we are also taught how to restrain a person".

"Of course, because of the Hippocratic oath, I have no use for combat training, so I don't spar," the doctor answered.

"I spar, obviously, Blueshield officers have to have an advanced knowledge of combat, both armed and unarmed," Jess said.

This was sorta nice, people talking, traveling through the open fields, it was very relaxing.

A few minutes ago, the usual green grass started appearing less and less, and it was looking like a barren wasteland.

"Ok guys, we are nearing the town now, so be careful," said the asshole, also known as the mechanic.

"Hey, there are structures over there," the mechanic pointed towards the screen.

"Those buildings look like it's from one of those backwater colonies," said the shorter one of the security guys, because of their helmets, the only way to differentiate them was by voice and body.

"Ok, let's park the pod far away from here," I said, at this point I was the unofficial leader of this team.

"Sir, we have sightings of their village," said the shorter security officer.

"Roger that, you have full control team leader, do what you think is best," came the response from Anderson.

"Ok, let's start learning more about them, we need to get a feel for their culture, even a little bit before we start diplomacy," I said.

Author's Note:

Coffee was originally called ‘Arabic Wine’ when it was first brought to Europe.

I'm pretty tired, this chapter may have some mistakes, forgivu me my fellow samurai!

Melee vs Ranged

Throwing some items to the target will deal damage, but you need to pick up the weapon once you've thrown it. Some weapons will also stick to the target.
Other ranged weapons such as firearms have a slight chance to miss, but you can fire at at a range in which melee users can't attack. But certain items and abilities can block or even deflect the projectile that is fired from a firearm.

Ranged - Energy vs Ballistic

There are two kinds of firearms in this game, Energy weapons (Such as Laser Guns) that can deal Burn damage and Ballistic weapons (Such as the Riot Shotgun) that can deal brute damage. Choose the weapon needed for the current situation.
Unlike Ballistic weapons, Energy weapons can penetrate through glass, making it effective against targets taking cover on glass.
But most Energy weapons require a charger to charge the weapon's internal cell, which is not flexible at some situations. Some energy weapons have an internal self-recharging cell, allowing its cell to recharge after some time.
Ballistic weapons on the other hand can be reloaded by inserting its respective clip/shell to the weapon, which is easy to perform and fast to reload, but they have different reloading styles.

(I should also ad something the wiki didn't, bullets get stuck in your body, while energy weapons dissipate, so the target will need to have surgery in order to remove it,)