• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,577 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,577

The Captives

Unknown, Temporary emergency planetary base

S.Y.N.C

Well, interestingly, the local lifeforms are rather 'adorable' according to the crewmembers. I can understand the reason why, with their giant eyes and big heads on top their relatively small bodies, I would say they were almost specifically designed for humans to find them cute. Currently they were wandering the empty base, most of the crewmembers had been told to wait inside the station. Apparently this was a test to see how these creatures behaved. I have also sent my security borg over to talk with it, since they probably don't have the best view of humans, and because they can seriously injure humans, despite what their appearance suggests.

While it is on its way, I was studying the natives, Yellow (pending official name), had a rather large, creamy yellow protrusion on their head, which seems to be the source of its powers. Thankfully, it has not shown any more of its abilities, since it has also been shown to be very exhausted ever since the incident, it may have drained it's powers, it is unclear whether she will regain her capabilities. From how it reacted to the security officer, any further confrontation with this native must be dealt with extreme caution. Its body fur is white and its 'mane' and 'tail' is colored yellow.

It would have been classified as 'dangerous, lethal force authorized', but the Captain has disallowed any form of lethality unless it was self-defence.

The other one, Silver (pending official name), had wings on its back, but the wing span seems too small to be used for flight. It also seems a lot more agreeable than its compatriot. This ones 'mane' and tail' both were white while its body fur was completely grey.

Due to their similarities to Earth equines, we will use equine physiology from now on.

The armor they wore when we captured them appears to be made of iron, but it has also shown to be way more durable than what normal iron should be like, however due to the armors bright coloring, it can be very easily spotted if you look closely enough.


Silver Sword

"This is so boring," I grumbled. Sunny only nodded. Sunny and I have been exploring this place for a good 30 minutes and we still haven't found anything of use. "Would have thought we would come across something interesting."

Now, you may be wondering why I hadn't tried to fly away and warn everyone else, but there was a problem with that... My wings were cuffed, now, we were taught how to get out of cuffs, but they actually bound my wings with metal shackles, and if we tried to get it off without the proper equipment, then this place will probably be filled with a lot more bloody feathers than it was right now.

But while I was musing to myself, we snuck past another closed building and we looked at a giant... I don't even know what it's supposed to be. It seemed to be what I saw from before, and at the time I thought it was a base, but looking at it from this close, it looked way stranger than I thought (which was saying something). It was giant, and the outside seemed to be made of some sort of metal, every now and then there were some bits of glass, but it seemed like they closed those parts off with more of that metal.

It seems like it crashed into the earth, judging by the unnatural scars and dead plants the area surrounding it had. How the buck did they manage to get it high enough to get craters like these? I had no idea. Hoping to learn more, we tried going inside, but the strange red doors on the outside didn't open up, only blinking red and beeping, made me think of a toy robot I used to play with back when I was a colt.

This entire place seemed way too realized to be new, but that made me question how the buck they managed to be here without being detected for so long. While we went away from the strange structure, we came across a rather large hole with a building next to it, this might be were they were getting their materials.

"Well, what now? We went everywhere we could around here," I whispered, hoping she had a plan. She only furrowed her brows and looked at the ground intensely in response.

clink clink clink

But while she was thinking up a plan, I started musing on our situation. For the most part, I had no idea what these beings were thinking, leaving us basically completely unguarded, and why this place seemed so empty, and that honestly scared me more than any amount of these creatures.

clink clink clink

But while she was thinking up a plan and I was musing on our situation, I started hearing something, and that something sounded like someone was tapping the ground with a metal pole repeatedly, and it was getting louder. Sunny also seemed to hear it, judging by her expression. We looked at each other, and nodded, before going as fast and quietly as we could to some sort of cover or anything really. In the end, we ducked behind some sort of crate.

clink

It stopped, and if my ears were correct, then it was right behind this crate, which made me turn to stone due to what this could mean for me and Sunny.

We were hiding in the vein hope that it still didn't know where we were. *Come out, no harm shall come to you* it said something, its voice having an echo that sounded unlike anything I heard before.

There was nothing else here other than us two, which means that it knew we are here, but we still hid in the vein hope that it would somehow go away. After a few minutes past by, I slowly started getting up, there really wasn't way we could get out of this one without being caught. While Sunny seemed pretty annoyed, she joined me.

What was standing there made me thing of a very deformed giant spider. It had four legs, but the legs had red cables connecting it to the rest of its body. The main body was colored red while its middle was mostly grey, to its sides there were two strange u shaped things with a glow within them, and finally, on top of its body, its head was in the shape of a pill. And the whole body, from its legs to its head, seemed to be covered in some sort of metal, which I assume to be some sort of armor.

It made me think of those experimental golems that were headlining the news lately, which made me all the more confused as to how they got this thing.


Security Cyborg-339

"S.Y.N.C, I have found the natives, awaiting further instructions," I signaled.

"Good, don't threaten them, try and act as non-threatening as possible, we need to be able to make them trust us if we want to get on good terms with them," S.Y.N.C ordered. I added the task to my already extensive list and gave it a rather high priority.

Using my built in tasers, I pointed to myself.

"Greetings, I am 339."

They seemed confused, before Yellow suddenly seemed to understand what I was trying to do. It cautiously pointed to itself and then to its friend and said. *I'm Sunny Skies, this is Silver Sword*

I moved my head up and down, trying to emulate humans. This might go better than predicted.

While I definitely disagreed with how quickly we were gonna release them, it wasn't my place to judge the AI and especially the Heads decision.


Whatever it was, it didn't seem like it wanted to fight us. But we couldn't let our guards down, no matter what.

I looked over to Silver and motioned towards the thing. "What do you think it is?" I whispered, while it most likely couldn't understand what we were saying, it still felt more secure this way.

"Don't know."

But while we were still debating on what it was and what it wanted, it took the initiative and started drawing on the floor with one of its legs. After a few minutes, it finally finished. What it drew gave me a invigorated sense of hope. There were two stick ponies, then the two stick ponies were surrounded by multiple other ponies, and between the two scenes was an arrow, pointing left to right, and above it was the sun, but at an angle.

Author's Note:

Your chances of being killed by a vending machine is twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark

Hey! Listen!

Why haven't I released a chapter in about 2 3 months? well my dear padawan, it all began on the 28th of january...

...and so because of the combined forces of homework, TF2, losing all my steam for the story, writers block, Space Station 13 and all, I just couldn't do anything more than write 20 words a day, but I sucked it up, and wrote quite a bit today, and halfway through I regained some of the steam I started this fic with.

I really missed you guys!