• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,575 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,575

The Teams

Unknown Planet (Terra), NSS Cyberaid, Holodeck, 2562 11th of February, 9:04

Kenny, Scientist

As I charged for the hit, my opponent dodged, making me lose balance. After a moment of confusion, I got my balance back and searched for my enemy, when I saw a shadow coming up from behind me, I turned around to face them head on.

But as soon as I did I felt something swipe my feet from under me, the knight armor crashing into the reinforced floor, after I opened my eyes, I saw her pointing her sword directly at my face, shit.

"Why do you keep asking for a rematch? You always lose," Jess said, not breaking a sweat. Her Blueshield uniform looking pristine under the armor.

"Well, one of these days, I could get lucky." I said, the armor and swords disintegrating into nothing. As I tried to get up, she offers me her hand, which I gladly took. Most of the crew where surprised that someone who looked so nice was also the one who could dish out a drop kick like nothing.

When I first started working on the station, I developed a crush for her. It didn't last long when I actually befriended her in a sparring match, she just wasn't my type I guess.

"Well, do you have any duties now?" I asked. Being stuck on this planet was the worst, while the Research Director was absolutely crazed about the planet and many of my coworkers kept going outside to get samples. I absolutely despises it, I could easily have joined a planetary research station leagues beyond anywhere else, but chose NSS Cyberaid since I could just stay in space, only with my research and experiments.

"Well, considering the amount of security members that are patrolling the station, I think the Heads are protected enough for me to take a day off," she answered.

Trying to think about a conversation topic, I thought about the most biggest rumor circling around the station members.

"Did you hear about yesterday? A lot of people heard a scream coming from the brig and then saw the Head of Security run towards it, many think the Heads are hiding something, something big, can you tell me anything?" I asked.

"Hey, you know I'm not allowed to talk about this stuff," she replied. That's strange, would have thought she knew something about it.

"Well, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I only heard this from the roboticist, but apparently your Head has a pet facehugger, is that actually true?" she asked. I would have thought most of the crew knew this, but I guess since we only worked with each other for about 1 month, some could not know.

"She had it's teeth and egg removed, so it's harmless. Although she loves to throw it at you, it's pretty cute once you get used to it," I said, I will never tell her about my first encounter with it.


Cali Wallick, Research Director

While I did not like Geoffrey and his goons, I still felt bad for the poor soul who got hurt. Barrett said that he would make it, so there was that at least.

As I went over the members in my department, I thought about who could join the team, as I was searching, I heard a loud smack against glass, startling me and making me drop one of the worker bio's. Once I looked at what made that noise, it was just Lamarr getting annoyed, staying inside his cage for so long.

I'll take him on a walk later, right now, I needed to get that paper before it got dirty. As I reached down to grab it, I saw who's it was, Kevin Heart, age 25. He was a rather hard working individual, some would even say he worked too hard. He seemed like a competent worker, maybe I should pick him?

Guess it's decided then.


Michael, Chief Engineer

While the rest of the departments just do what they always do, the Engineering department had it's hand full. They had to convince the Miners from Cargo to start mining resources, fix all the damage inside and outside the station, start building an outside base of sorts and try to find old coal and oil generator blueprints and build them.

So he really did not want to send anyone on this diplomatic envoy, why did they need an engineer anyway? We needed every help we could get.

Although the mechanic didn't have any use on the station. Actually, right now the team actually could use the mechanic, both for his pod and piloting skills. Yeah, I'll just send him in. Now i just have to hide it before Poly finds it and steals it.


Joseph Anderson, Captain

10:03

Thankfully, it seems the team is coming together, there was 1 doctor, 2 security officers, a mechanic and his pod, a scientist and a cyborg for deciphering their language. While he still didn't like those wierdos, they where rather helpful.

The Diplomat would be the scientist, while he didn't have any experience, the cyborg will help him out while we gave instructions through his earpiece. I was also considering sending the Blueshield Officer to protect the diplomat, and after a bit more considoration, I decided on yes.

Renault seemed rather annoyed that i have been ignoring him for the last few days, so i decide to indulge my foxy friend.

They would get briefed today, and head out tomorrow. Hopefully, nothing goes bad.


Equestria, Canterlot Castle, 1156 AC 22nd of June, 11:20

Celestia

I was always an early bird, unlike my sister. As I was trotting towards the dining room, I thought about what kind of cake my cook has prepared today.

After opening the large doors and walking through the maze like hallways of my castle, I finally made it to the Dining room. After taking a seat, a waiter came with a rather big chocolate cake. It looked absolutely wonderful, I would definitely savor this one.

But as soon as I took my first bite, a Royal Messenger barged into the room with a scroll in his saddle bag.

"Princess, urgent news from Dodge Junction!" the Messenger yelled, before giving me the scroll by magic.

After taking the scroll with my own magic, I quickly opened it and started reading.

The more I read, the more I started worrying.

"Get my sister, I need to discuss this with her immediately," I ordered, as I waited for her to enter.

After a few minutes passed, I heard a knock on the door, I said towards the individual with a "Come in".

"Tia? Is this to do with your cake? I didn't eat it," she replied rather suspiciously.

"No, it's much worse, read this," I said, before giving her the scroll when she came in.

After a minute, she yelled "This is horrible! We must send in the Royal Guard immediately, they can not get away with this!".

"Calm down sister, we need to think about this, the guards they captured are still ok, we could make a deal with them," I said, not wanting to launch an attack so quickly.

"But we can't just stand idly by, they could be planning an invasion, like the Changelings," she replied.

"These are an entirely knew species, sister, it could have been a misunderstanding," I answered, trying to reason with her.

"Maybe how about we have the elements stand by? In the village, Dodge Junction, was it?" She said.

"I don't know, I'm not comfortable putting them so close to these creatures," I said with uncertainty.

"Have some faith in her, sister, she was your student, and has saved Equestria multiple times, and also has been studying diplomacy, correct?" Luna said, confident in her ability. I, on the other hoof, still wasn't completely convinced.

"Fine, I'll send her a letter," I exasperatedly said. Just in case, I'll also send in a few more guards to protect them and the town if thing go bad.

Equestria, Ponyville, 1156 AC 22nd of June, 11:30

Twilight Sparkle

"Twilight! Are you ok? You were sleeping but I had to give you a scroll and then you started mumbling and crying and I didn't know what to do and-" Spike was cut off when Twilight simply hugged him, trying to calm him and stop his babbling.

"Shhh, It's ok Spike, it was just a dream," I said, and it was true, I don't remember it, anything really, the one thing I do remember is a lot of books burning.

"Ok... well, the reason why I came here was because the Prince- er, Celestia sent you a letter," he said, before handing me the scroll he was clutching tightly in his claws.

I gladly took it and started reading.

"Twilight Sparkle

Hello, while I would love for this to simply be a greetings from a friend, it appears the situation is much more dire than that. Yesterday at 17:00, news had come that two guards sent to patrol the far outskirts of Dodge Junction had been captured by an entirely new, unknown bipedal species. Right now, I want you to go towards Dodge Junction with your friends and meet the Captain of the Royal Guard, Golden Shield, and try a diplomatic approach to all of this, and if all else fails, to use the Magic of Friendship to deal with them. Goodluck.

Your friend, Celestia."

What? An entirely knew species? Where they in hiding this whole time? Maybe they are like the Changelings.

"Spike, could you gather the others?" I asked.

"Ok, I'll go to the Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie should be there," he said.

"And I'll go find Rainbow Dash, she'll make it to Applejack and Fluttershy pretty quickly," I said, already formulating a plan to get them the quickest.

As soon as we left the castle, I thought about what I just read, these beings seem dangerous, and she would not let her subjects get hurt by these beings. But first, she needed to find a drifting cloud.

Author's Note:

Penguins have an organ above their eyes that turns seawater to fresh water.

Does anyone feel like they are acting out of character? Please tell me, I can't write better if I don't know.