• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,576 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,576

The Footage

NSS Cyberaid, 2562 12th of February 12:00

It was a rather quiet morning on the station, it's continuous humming filling the mostly quiet corridors with a never ending static.

The once mighty creation lying on it's bottom, it's scars messily filled in with different types of metals and glass. One who looked at it from above could only assume it was a monster, but the truth was much more interesting.

As time went on, creatures that looked like a strange combination of a minotaur and a baby dragon with no scales, as well as a few bipedal, fish like creatures were seen exiting the behemoth. The surrounding area started to be filled with the noise of multiple construction equipment and machines working, as the planetary base become more and more functional every minute.


Bridge

Joseph Anderson

The poor security officer who was injured is making a speedy recovery, while the creature did a number on him, there wasn't any critical damage, the one thing that really worried him was how the other Security department members would take it.

But other than that, the base construction was going well, and the miners from Cargo has struck a decent size of coal and oil, so power wasn't going to be an issue. Or at least, we think so.

Right now I was in the bridge with my fellow heads, discussing what to do.

"Sync, could you please bring up the first contact video," I asked, wanting to catch all of us up.

Without a second to waste, the room's lighting was dimmed and the reinforced glass was blocked off by shutters with a large whiteboard descending down from the roof. When the crew first arrived here, this didn't exist, but since being stuck in space for a month with nothing to do other than play in a small arcade room was a rather boring way to pass time, I was able to convince Michael to build one of those indoor movie theater like things in the Bridge, I'd say it was totally worth the materials.

Finally, the projector turned on and showed the first contact team, from the perspective of the diplomat, Ken I think. But the only thing we saw them doing was them speeding along in their little pod. After the Science department had assured the rest of them that alien bacteria could most likely do nothing to our bodies, the team members just wore their own respective department uniforms.

"Sync, please skip to the contact footage," I asked, not willing to sit through the slog of having to watch the full video.

A dull, "yes sir," answered my request with the same amount of enthusiasm our resident AI was well known for. Although thankfully spending some time with the crew has made it a bit more friendly, in terms of tone atleast.

As the video sped through their travels, the console showed the ground slowly turning from the lush greens to a slight brown, until finally turning into a rather bland yellow-ish orange sand.

At last, the video stopped being fast forwarded once the team left the pod.

While they traveled to their destination, their target became more clear, and a few buildings started becoming visible.

"What the hell? Those looks like something from Earth, why are the buildings like that?" said Cali, mostly to herself than anyone else. And to make matters stranger, while most of the town seemed pretty empty, a few of the locals also seemed to wear things uncomfortably close to what cowboys used to wear in the wild west.

Everything had a rather old western feel to it, until their (presumably) soldiers came from a large number of tents. "SYNC, please inform us on what kind of armor those resemble, I think I saw it before in a history book," I asked.

"It resembles roman armor around 160 BCE, but the materials used for it seems to be gold, and thus drastically reducing it's efficiency, so it poses no problem to kinetic based weaponry, although it can reflect energy weaponry," replied SYNC.

After a few uncomfortable seconds, more soldiers came along, and they all seemed to have white coat's and blue manes, but they came with a lot more colorful friends as well.

There were six colorful ones, and another soldier, although this one had a few medals pinned to his armor and seemed to command a bit more respect from the others than a typical soldier.

A purple one was wearing a crown and it's height was also a bit taller than the rest while a yellow one wore a cowboy hat like those found in a movies around the 21st century, but there was no other kinds of clothing on the rest.

What followed next was a pretty common interactions between two different intelligent species, one draws a few pictures and the other follows. The one problem they had was the fact that we had 2 of their own in the brig.

A few minutes later

"So, that's it, we just give them those two back, right?" Asked Kevin.

"We could, but we will have to be careful not to let them know of our position, if they do, then we are fucked," Said Geoffrey, wearing his usual armored trenchcoat.

"I agree with the HoS, I can not allow humans to get hurt, and having them know of our base of operations will be a very huge risk I am not willing to make," S.Y.N.C replied.

"Security members are patrolling the fences, right? We have nothing to worry about," I said, this seemed to ease the fears of most of the Heads.


Yesterday

While the diplomatic team arrived from their mission, the members were rather tired, so it was no wonder they completely missed the two unusually fast rain clouds trailing them.

Once the pod reached the Base, the clouds quickly retreated back to where they came from.


Two Hours Later

Silver Sword

"My my, aren't you a handsome stallion," Said the gorgeous, slim mare. I just dumbly stared, unable to believe my luck.

"Uh... hi?" I said, immediately cursing my brain.

The mares eyes slowly started looking down, and my face started heating up. Once her eyes finally came back up to face me, she opened her mouth, and I braced myself for what she would say. "Wake up."

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked, only to get a hoof to the face.


"Ow!" I yelped, as I sprang up from my bed. Once my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I saw Sunny, hiding her smile with her hoof.

"Sorry, sorry, it was just too good to pass up," She said, failing to muffle her laughter. I will so get her back for that, but after I was able to get over the betrayal. As I began to wake up I started looking at the room we were in.

This place looked a lot better than the one I was in before, the walls were clean and when I looked at the bed I laid in it was almost as white as Princess Celestia's fur, which was saying something. The room had a square shape, and had multiple beds next to each other. There was also a few different types of fruits on a table in the middle of the room.

"Where are we?" I asked, once Sunny finally calmed down enough.

"Don't know, I just woke up a few minutes earlier," She said, still in high spirits.

One of the most interesting thing about this room was the door I saw, I think it was a door, but it had no handle to grab.

"Hey, come over here, look at this, what do you think it is?" I asked, pointing towards the door. Sunny looked at it, and seemed to be in deep thought. After a few seconds, she touched the middle. This seemed to do something right, and the door opened with a hiss.

"... well, I guess we should explore?"

Author's Note:

ERM A GAWD, I'M ALIVE! Also, please leave your comments, the rating is one way to tell how people feel about your story, but comments are way more informative. (Now onto your regularly scheduled info dump)

Handshakes were originally meant to make sure that the person you were meeting wasn’t carrying a concealed weapon. The hand clasp proved that your hand was empty and shaking was meant to dislodge any weapons hiding up the sleeve.

Chain of Command:

The Captain has absolute authority, however, if they are missing, then one must follow the Chain of Command:

In the absence of a Captain, the Head of Personnel is to be considered the Acting Captain. If there is a major station emergency, however, the Head of Security is to be considered the Acting Captain, until such a time as the emergency has passed, at which point the Head of Personnel is to be Acting Captain.

In the absence of a Captain, Head of Personnel and Head of Security, a vote is to be held among the available Heads of Staff in order to determine who should be considered the Acting Captain.