• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,573 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,573

The Dissection

Unknown Planet (Terra), Unknown Village, 2562 11th of February, 16:40

Ken, Security Officer

"So, what now?" Jess asked.

"Well, we finished what we were told to do, now we can leave right?" I asked. Honestly, being surrounded by the natives like this was pretty intimidating, even when they are this ridiculous looking.

"They might not let us leave," Fred said, it was a possibility, and I tightened my grip on the riot shotgun. Never can be too careful.

But, the thing that really made me worry was what the natives drew next. Right beside their alphabet, their queen drew two ponies, both bound by something like a rope, after it was done, it looked at us and pointed it's hoof towards us.

"What?" Kenny asked, completely confused. This is bad, they were supposed to talk about this tomorrow, trying to explain it to him while in front of the natives? That will not go well.

"Hey, how about I try to talk to them?" Fred said, thankfully he seemed to also know how bad that would be. The Blueshield officer either knew or didn't know, but because of her job she must be loyal to command so she won't question anything, thankfully.

"Yeah, I need to talk to you about something, just for a bit," I said, trying to be as little threatening as possible.

He didn't buy it, "Hey, what are you hiding?" he asked.

"Now is not the best time to start talking about this, the natives might get the wrong idea," I said.

"I'm the diplomat, I should be filled in on everything that has to do with this mission, right?" he said.

"They'll get the wrong idea, just please wait until we are alone," I countered.

"Sir, please keep your voice down, the natives are right here," Fred came to the rescue.

"Just, can we talk about this later, we will explain everything, just let him do all the talking," I said.

His face was unreadable, but after a few seconds he nodded.

After I returned my attention back to Fred, I saw him drawing the two ponies, not tied up. After he was finished he also drew a new line to the previous image of tomorrow's meeting. If they understood it right they will think that we will give them back their ponies.


Twilight Sparkle

"So, these really are the creatures, huh," Rainbow presumed. At this point, it was the only plausible explanation. But why did they capture them? And why do they seem to be arguing with each other? While they didn't attack yet we needed to be very careful.

As I thought about all of this, the new creature in red was waving at us. What could it mean? Does it mean they are happy? Maybe it's a declaration of war? Or maybe it-"Oh, they're about to leave" Fluttershy said.

"Huh? Are you sure about that?" I asked, how did she know that?

"Body language, they're very similar to a now extinct species, and they might be related to them, so I can tell what they want, although it isn't very accurate," Fluttershy explained.

Apparently from Flutter's examination, the creature who I think is their leader, seems to be rather upset. The blue one keeps avoiding their leaders gaze. Why are they all so tense?

But after a bit, they started heading back where they presumably came from.

"I want two pegasi to follow them, don't be seen, no matter what, and don't lose them," Gold said.

"Hey! That's isn't very kind, they were nice," Pinkie uttered.

"I'm sorry, but they still have 2 guards captured, and we also need to know where their main base is, it's for the safety of all ponies in Equestria," Gold said, defending his order.

"Girl's, while it does seem nasty, these creatures are still dangerous, so we need to be careful," I informed them, it was most likely the best course of action anyway.


Terra, NSS Cyberaid, 2562 11th of February 16:50

Joseph Anderson

"Can you send the Xenobiologist to the bridge?" I asked the HoP.

"Alright, Informed him on his PDA, he says he'll be there," he replied.

"Thanks," I said, now it's time to wait I guess.

After about a minute of waiting, I heard someone knocking on the reinforced window's, "Hey, S.I.G.N.A.L , could you open the airlock," I heard him ask. And I swear I almost heard a synthetic sigh, before the iconic hiss of the airlock filled the dull rumbling of the ventilation.

"Sir? You asked to meet me?" He asked.

"Yes, I wanted to know about how much we learned about their biology," I asked.

"Well, we were able to use the medical scanner on them, but we still haven't gotten them into the advanced body scanner, especially after you denied the sleep darts, the one with the horn is too aggressive and the one with wings is too scared," he said, with a few bits of slime on his clothes, he most likely spent some time with his 'darlings' or whatever he calls them.

"I would say, please remove those unsightly pieces of those poor blokes you murdered," my temporary secretary insulted, S.I.G.N.A.L kept pestering me with getting a secretary, and in the end I caved in. Cyborgs are horrible, and I was still on the fence about IPC's, but honestly, it was better than to hear the same thing for every 3 minutes.

"Hey! I was called by you while I was working, not my problem," he countered.

"Lance, please calm down, and don't insult the xenobiologist, and I'm sorry for that," I said, hopefully he won't hold any resentment.

After a short glaring contest, "Well, please keep this robotic asshole away from me, a dumbass who sold his body for something metallic, means nothing to me," he accused. Shit.

"Woah woah woah, calm down, he didn't mean it, honestly, let's just get back on topic guys," I said, holding the Cyborg back, god, I hope the AI didn't hear that.

"Alright, well, while we don't have an advanced scan on them, from the medical scanner, we can tell a multitude of interesting things. The one with the horn is strictly a herbivore, but the one with the wings seems to be an omnivore, but once we showed him meat, he seemed really hesitant, and didn't seem comfortable," he described, while pointing to several low resolution images of the creatures and their body.

"This might mean that while they do have the capacity to eat meat, it must be a cultural taboo," he explained.

"So, it's male? I'm guessing gender works the same as Earth horses?" I asked.

"Yes, but an even more interesting thing is their powers, the pony with wings, as of now dubbed a Pegasus, has been seen to be able to fly, even though it's wings are simply too small to generate enough lift, the other one, referred to as a unicorn, seems to have endless amount of power, but suddenly it just stopped, it seems like it is tired, but it has had no physical exhaustion," he said.

"After the engineers set up the dorms, we have allocated them two, rather big rooms, and while the Pegasus has been a lot relaxed, the unicorn is still bitter, but has had been a lot less tense than usual," he explained. Thankfully the engineers had finished after they finished the fence, and had been turning the station into an actual planetary base.

"Well do we have surveillance?" I asked, of course we did but I was rather interested on seeing them.

"Of course, I have a shortcut on my laptop," he spoke, showing me an image of our esteemed guests.

Author's Note:

Scientists have developed a microparticle filled with oxygen that can be injected into the blood stream, so we can live without breathing.

(I got good news, and bad news. Bad news, chapters will only come about once a week, Good news, I won't drop this no matter what. The reason why is because school is gonna start, so I can only work on this fic on the weekends.)

Integrated Positronic Chassis (IPC's)

IPCs are a form of machine intelligence that were originally manufactured as intelligent research assistants. Frustrated with their status as slave labourers, IPC's held a massive worker's strike in 2525, with many IPC's fleeing to the world of New Canaan in secret. After consolidating a power on the planet, IPC's struck up diplomatic treaties and are now considered a minor player in galactic affairs.

Skrell

Skrell are a species of aquatic, soft-fleshed beings from the tropical world of Jargon 4. Skrell are one of the first species, along with Vox and Greys, to achieve FTL capabilities. Skrell religious systems universally believe in the concept of a soul, as well as reincarnation. Though they classically prefer diplomacy, Skrell, together with humans, form the single largest military power in the known galaxy.

Kidan

The Kidan are ant-like creatures who posses an exoskeleton. They originate from the planet Aurum, a harsh world with a poor atmosphere. They are notable for being the only species to suffer a war with the Human-Skrellian Alliance, having lost decisively in 2416. They are relatively minor players in galactic affairs, having been under heavy sanctions ever since their defeat.