• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,576 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,576

Second Contact

Equestria, Dodge Junction, 1156 AC 22nd of June, 16:34

Twilight Sparkle

For the most part, being a Princess taught me one of the most important aspect of life, patience. Luna always said "The strongest of all warriors are these two - Time and Patience". And becoming a princess showed me this, after me and my friends got the castle, we had to patiently deal with ponies and their friendship problems.

So waiting to reach the train station wasn't as troublesome as somepony might think, and gave me a lot of time to think.

While I every now and then played a board game with my friends, I mostly just thought about what to do when we got there, what kind of things to say, they might not even speak Equus, so I had to prepare for a lot of things.

"I think we're getting close, I see a few buildings," Applejack said.

"Ok, let's pack our stuff up girls, we are almost there," I said, mentally preparing myself for this.

"We have reached Dodge Junction!" yelled the conductor, with only a few ponies leaving beside us.

As we got off and started looking around, we saw a lot of heavily armed guards, about 10 from my count.

"Isn't this a bit overkill?" Rainbow said.

"It's only for protection, and after we are done we'll go back to Canterlot," came a voice from beside us. We were startled, but after recovering, it just appeared to be a guard, until the type of armor he was wearing made me think of Shiny.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Golden Shield," I said, while I never personally knew him, I did attended his promotion ceremony after my brother resigned.

"It is an honor to finally meet the Elements of Harmony, please, follow me," he said. Rarity seemed to be very pleased with how much of a gentlecolt he was, while Dash and Applejack didn't seem impressed. Poor Fluttershy seemed to be afraid of the number of guards while Pinkie was oblivious as ever.


Unknown Planet (Terra), Unknown Village, Pod, 2562 11th of February, 16:35

Kenny, Scientist (Diplomat)

After we had spotted the village and parked the pod, we just spied on them. We would have gone to start the diplomatic mission with them, but the number of soldiers there are have us rather worried, their armor and numbers could not have been made from this place, so it was pretty safe to assume they are not a garrison.

"Hey, look at this," the mechanic said, pointing at the corner of his screen, where a number of the native soldiers were moving in a formation.

"What ever is going on?" I mumbled, these creatures are so inconsistent, they had trains with steam yet only used spears and swords.

"Look at that, it's a crown," said the cyborg who joined us, as we looked it did appear to be a crown, and the pony wearing it looked to have a lavender coat, and a few more ponies surrounding her beside the soldiers.

There was a multitude of questions running through my mind, like why only the soldiers seemed to be white, why their Queen appeared to have both the horn and wings, maybe it was a caste system?

"Why would royalty go to this place?" I asked, at the very least we know the guards are here to protect her.

"Do they know of our presence?" the doctor asked.

For some reason, the security members seemed a bit uneasy, but we had more important things to attend to.

"Ok, this might be our chance, we could meet them here, but you did bring weapons, right?" I asked.

"Yes we did, we brought Riot Shotguns, but they are filled with Rubbershot, if thing get bad we also brought a Laser Rifle," the shorter one said, finally taking a look at his ID, it said Ken

"But you should wear this Ablative armor, it will protect against energy attacks," the taller one said, his name being Fred. Curious names for security officers.

"They use lasers?" I asked, getting a nod from Fred, this is becoming more and more suspicious as time goes on.

After a moment of fiddling with the harness, I was finally able to get it on.

"Ok, the mechanic and the doctor will stay here, everyone else will go with me, if things go sour start up the engine and wait for us as long as you can, ok?" I said. Hopefully that won't happen.

"Got it, goodluck," said the mechanic. After ignoring him, I started exiting the pod.

"Captain, what should we draw for them?" I asked.

"A date. Tomorrow, maybe 14:00, and also write the alphabet, try to make them write theirs, if they have one, and take a picture of whatever they wrote," Joseph said, but near the end it was starting to get more and more fuzzy, until I was only barely able to make it out. No more radio I guess.

"Ok, let's go," I said, preparing myself to make history.


Twilight Sparkle

After we had met Golden Shield, he led us to the towns guard garrison, with a few tents pitched outside the building.

"What's with the tents?" Rainbow asked.

"The guard house can only fit about 5 ponies, so we had to set up tents for the other 7 guards," Shield said, not as many guards as I thought there was.

"Follow me, we will discuss the plan from inside," he said.

As we went inside, the inside was rather cozy, with a small fireplace and a wooden floor, but in the middle was a table with a magic map, these needed a lot of magic to be continuously fed into it to be maintained, so most unicorn engineers simply used crystals with a spell matrix inside it.

"Wow, that's like the Friendship map," Pinkie said.

"Now, from what we can tell, we can safely assume these creatures are around here, but we don't know their exact location," Gold said, pointing to a large patch of green grass.

"If the guards who are captured are the ones who found them, how did you ponies find it?" Applejack asked. It was pretty weird.

"They were able to send us a message, it was presumably wrote on a blanket," he explained, in a pretty professional manner.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

"We need to first find their main ba-"he started talking, when suddenly, somepony started knocking on the door.

"Captain! We have visitors, they seem to be bipedal, like the creatures!" a voice said from behind the door.

After we all had a moment to absorb the information, we ran outside to meet these creatures.

A few guards seem to be surrounding something, with spears and swords drawn.

"Stand down! I repeat, stand down!" Shield barked.

Once the guards made some room, what appeared was not what we were expecting. Instead of something similar to Diamond Dogs, they had some strange, dark skin, but some of their faces seemed to be either pink or yellowish.

On second glance, it didn't look like skin, but more like clothes, and judging by its face, it seemed like it only had fur on top of its head. Two of them seemed like guards, by the way they were standing, another one looked way more lax in comparison, wearing some strange white clothes, reminiscent of something a pony scientist like to wear, although he did have some sort of armor on top of it, but it only protected his middle, and eft his head and other parts exposed. Another one was radically different, it had 3 legs, and seemed bulky and made of a grey metal, was it a golem? Those took large amounts of magic, so only the rich could afford them as servants. And the last one seemed calm, but had two bumps on it's chest, what is that?

"What on earth are they wearing? It looks so dull," Rarity said.

"This isn't some kind of fashion show, Rarity," Applejack reminded her.

"Interesting," I mumbled, the two guards seemed to be holding some kind of club, but it looked much more sleeker and fragile than one, while the one wearing its white clothing was holding a stick, and the one in blue was unarmed.

*So, let's start I guess,* the one wearing the white clothes made some sort of noise, reminding me a bit, before suddenly it started drawing on the ground, at first it was hard to determine what it was.

"Wait, the village... the sun, it's some kind of time!" I yelled excitedly, which was a bad idea since the two guards suddenly got really tense. *Calm down guys, it just seems happy,* the white one said something, with some strange motion, After the other two calmed down, it continued drawing.

It made an arrow and drew another, identical picture, and then drew ponies and the creatures together.

"It seems like they want to meet us tomorrow," I said, completely lost in the drawing. After it was finished, it started drawing multiple symbols.

"Quick! Somepony start copying the symbols," Shield said.

After it was finished, it started pointing towards the symbols one by one, *a, b, c...* it started.

"These glyphs, I wonder... somepony give me a stick," I said.

After waiting a short while, one of the guards came back with a stick.

As I started writing our alphabet, I heard the one in blue 'say' *It's actually working,*, in a surprised manner, and I silently cheered at their presumed delight.

There was so much to learn, so much to talk about. If only I brought Spike.

Author's Note:

Crabs have teeth in their stomach.

Time to take a break from useless information, what do you think about this story at this time? Is it alright, or slowly turning dull, go nuts in the comments.