• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 1,575 Views, 59 Comments

The Station - Corpse



Most people look up into the night sky, without a care in the world, thinking "Today's night is pretty beautiful", never to realize the number of deaths and tragedies that occur in space... What would it matter to them if one more tragedy occured?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,575

Sorry, Princesses orders

Equestria, Canterlot, 1156 AC 22nd of June, 17:00

Celestria, Princess

Day court, one of the few ways she could understand how things in her kingdom were going, and also a way to get a feel for the general publics feelings on her most recent decisions. And she liked to believe she had gained quite the patience in dealing with some of her more... special little ponies, but even she had her limits.

Currently, there was a noble trying to convince her to place a ban on griffins, because one of the mail griffins lost his package of 'important' perfume. Of course, she could have easily just sent him on his way without having to wait for his full life story on why he needs perfume, but the media loved to make things look much worse than it actually was. So here she was, forced to just sit here, waiting till he finished.

But praise be whatever god that ruled this realm, since just before he went into another tangent, a royal messenger galloped into the throne room.

"My apologies for the intrusion, your Highness," He bowed, "but this is urgent," He said, hoofing me the scroll he kept inside his saddle bag.

"Oh my, while I would love to help you as best as I could, Gold Coin, there are matters that need my immediate attention, Day court, adjourned."

"But Princess-" however, before he could finish, I quickly walked out the back door. After sighing in relief, I glanced at the scroll.

I looked over to the royal messenger who was walking alongside me. "Can you please go inform Princess Luna to meet at my study room?"

"Right away, you highness," he said with quite a bit of conviction, before galloping off, and almost trampling a poor maid, to which I silently chuckled.


A few minutes later

"Tia? Are thou here?" Luna asked, creeping into the dark study room.

"We- I was told to meet you here, what is the matter?" she looked around, searching for any sign of her sister.

The room was rather large, the walls being completely filled with bookshelves, all holding about a thousand different books the owner found interesting or just plain out enjoyable, with a small little section dedicated to a certain Lavender alicorn and her friendship reports.

While she was looking for her, she came across her desk, or more importantly, the scroll on top of the desk itself. However, before she got the chance to read it, there was a sudden creak of the door opening, and when she turned to look, in came Celestia holding a half eaten cupcake.

"Oh, Luna, sorry about the delay, I was waiting for you, but you took a while, so I went to get something to eat."

"Apologies, I was in quite a deep sleep, and I wasn't expecting one of your Day guard to barge into my bedroom," Luna flushed, slightly embarrassed. Although deep inside she was a bit proud and happy that her personal guards had been able to takedown her sisters guard without any trouble.

"Well, now that we have both arrived, I guess I should inform you on why I awoken you." She said. "Remember when I informed you about the two guards who got captured?"

"Yes, those creatures shall regret their transgressions against us," Luna declared, head held high.

"But thankfully, it seems that Twilight and her friends, along with their security detail, have ran into said creatures, and it appears they sent a diplomatic team. No real progress had been made, but we have confirmation of them returning. They have also discovered their base of operations, and worryingly, it is quite close to a little town called Dodge Junction." Celestia sighed.

Lunas eyes suddenly expanded at the last bit of information.

Celestia noticed Lunas reaction. "Are you alright sister?" Celestia looked with worry towards Luna.

She shook her head a bit, before looking right at her sister. "Tell me where, exactly."


Equestria, Dodge Junction, Temporary Royal Guard camp

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, please understand, this is simply too dangerous for you and your friends." said the diplomat once again.

"And as I said before, we were sent here by Celestia herself, I think we can handle ourselves, especially with all these guards to protect us."

It looked as if the diplomat was going to continue arguing, but in the end, she simply sighed. Currently, it would only be a few hours before the creatures would return, so the camp was busy preparing everything for the meeting.

Guards ran to and fro, either making defenses, more tents for the newly arrived diplomats or patrolling the camp.


Far far away, five griffins were flying in a formation, with grim determination in their eyes. Whatever happened, they had to be prepared, for if their intelligence was correct, then the equestrians were planning something, something big. They had been flying for a good few days, so the fatigue was getting to them, but they were close.

They had cameras, notes and ink, all ready to report anything they saw, straight to the king.

But on their way to the Pony village called Dodge junction, one of their own spotted a strange large dark grey structure, with other smaller buildings surrounding it. Their leader, quickly yelled for them to land.


Unknown, Temporary Planetary Base

The red cyborg simply sat still, looking behind the fenced wall with a robotic coldness. After a bit, it noticed something flying in the distance, but after a bit of scrutinizing, it simply decided it was a flock of birds flying by.

Behind it, there were multiple humans in the usual engineering uniform hard at work, making the different departments their own buildings.

One of the main problems they were facing was power, they had decided to use old school coal and oil power generators, but this wouldn't be able to fully sustain a base for multiple years, or even months, so they were still trying to come up with a way to fix it.

Inside a dorm room, two peculiar beings were in very good spirits. But there was still one question inside their minds.

"Why?"

"What do you mean?" Silver asked.

"I attacked one of them, yet they are going out of their way to have us be comfortable. This bed is almost as big as the Princesses, and probably just as soft, these fruits are the most tasty ones I ever ate, it could even give the Apples a run for their money."

Silver rubbed his chin. "Maybe they regret their decision? It could be an apology."

"Hmm, maybe," She said.

"Well, until we get sent back, want to go explore?"

"They probably won't allow it. I think last time was a fluke"

"Or they could have been trying to get our trust."

"You're way too trusting, you know that?"

"Hey, isn't that what friendship is all about," He said, trying to imitate the newest Princess.

Sunny simply rolled her eyes, not amused with her friends antics.

Author's Note:

Your chances of being killed by a vending machines are actually twice as large as your chances of being bitten by a shark.

Hurray! It's summer! Now I can actually write... until I go travel, but until then, I'll keep on writing.

Anyway, this chapter did feel a bit rushed, so tell me your own opinions, tell me if it sucks or is ok. Goodbye!