• Published 14th Jul 2018
  • 6,569 Views, 1,301 Comments

Applejack's Butt - Vedues



The new stallion in town is strangely obsessed with rear ends. Especially Applejack's.

  • ...
16
 1,301
 6,569

Chapter 32: The Rumpy Road Home

Applejack wound up taking the overnight train back to Ponyville, mostly because she couldn’t look Shining Armor in the eyes. She stepped into the private car she’d gotten and looked around; two beds, a lantern, and that was about it. Oh, and the whole place smelled like stale laundry.

Not like she’d expected a lot for ten bits anyway.

“Sit down,” she told Sketchy, gesturing at one of the beds as she sat down on the other. “It’s about time we had a long talk.”

Sketchy sat down opposite her. “What did you want to talk about?”

“Well,” she said after a moment, “I guess I should start with why I think Big Mac told you to go to the Crystal Empire.” She tried, and failed, to look him in the eyes. “Uh, you know what sarcasm is, right?”

“Yes,” Sketchy said. “It’s when an individual says something that is the opposite of their actual thoughts, though I’ve never been very good at detecting it.”

“I noticed,” Applejack muttered. “Anyway, Mac was likely being sarcastic. He thought you and I had, uh …” She cleared her throat. “Well, I was feeling a bit down when I got home the night before, and he thought I wouldn’t want to see you and told you to go away. He never meant for you to literally go to the Crystal Empire looking for me.”

Sketchy sagged a little, eyes drifting to the floor. “Oh. I thought I was getting better at reading tones.”

“You are,” Applejack said quickly, “but you can’t expect to get perfect overnight.”

“I suppose not,” Sketchy said, but he still didn’t look up.

Applejack chewed on the inside of her cheek. She hated to see him so being so hard on himself. “Why’d you come all the way to the Empire to look for me, anyway?”

“I …” Sketchy sighed. “It was just a stupid thought.”

She took his hoof in hers. “What thought?”

Sketchy stared at her hooves in surprise for a moment. “I- never mind. It doesn’t matter.”

“Sketchy,” Applejack said, “just tell me.”

He seemed to shrink down into his mattress a little. “I was going to suggest using the apartment in Canterlot for overnight business trips, rather than moving there full-time.” He slowly but firmly pulled his hoof away from hers. “As I said, it doesn’t matter. I thought our date my last evening in Ponyville had been wonderful for both of us, and so I went to your house to suggest a way that we could continue to see each other daily, and I went to the Crystal Empire because I didn’t want to give up on that thought, but I must have misunderstood something if you were upset when you got home from our last date.”

Applejack’s heart leaped in her chest. “No, I had a lot of fun with you, but …” There was no helping it. She took a deep breath. Time to fess up. “But I couldn’t help being sad that you were leaving in the morning.” Her cheeks were burning, but she pressed on. “I wanted you to stay.”

That made Sketchy look up, and for the first time she could recall, his eyes locked on hers. “You did?”

She swallowed. “Y-yeah.” Her eyes fell. “I didn’t want to say anything. I mean, it’s so selfish of me, asking you to stay in a small town when you could be making tons more money in Canterlot.”

“I hoped you would ask me,” Sketchy said quietly. “Every time moving to Canterlot came up, I hoped you would ask me to stay, but you never did.”

Applejack’s shoulders hunched. “I’m sorry.”

Sketchy was silent for a long moment. “Could you ask me to stay?”

“What?” Applejack looked up, just as Sketchy looked down.

“No one has ever asked me to stay somewhere with them,” Sketchy said, his voice wistful. “I just thought it would be nice to hear.”

“What about all the money you’d miss out on?” Applejack asked.

“I’m already making more than I ever believed I would,” Sketchy said. “Besides, your company is more than worth the trade-off.”

Warmth flooded through Applejack. She didn’t know why tears were running down her cheeks. “Really?”

“Yes,” Sketchy said. His ears folded back. “So, will you ask? Please?”

Applejack moved over to his bed and pulled him into a tight hug. “Sketchy, will you stay with me in Ponyville?”

A shuddering laugh escaped him at the same time that tears appeared in his eyes. “Yes,” he whispered. Then he hugged her back. Hard.

It was almost perfect. Almost. There was still one thing Applejack had been putting off far too long. She took a deep breath. “Is it okay if I kiss you?”

“… Yes.”

And so she did. Then it was perfect.