• Published 14th Jul 2018
  • 6,551 Views, 1,301 Comments

Applejack's Butt - Vedues



The new stallion in town is strangely obsessed with rear ends. Especially Applejack's.

  • ...
16
 1,301
 6,551

Chapter 26: So Rear to my Heart

It only took the nobles in Canterlot a few days to learn that an artist named Frameless Sketcher was selling sexy pictures of both Princess Twilight and Princess Luna. To the noble mind, this revelation meant two things; important ponies needed at least one sexy picture of themselves, and apparently Sketchy was the best in that field.

A flood of commissions followed.

“Three down,” Applejack groaned as they stepped out of yet another Canterlot mansion. “Two more to go.” She didn’t have to look at the setting sun to know they wouldn’t get back to Ponyville until well after dark.

“When is the next one?” Sketchy asked.

“Not for a while,” Applejack said. “We can walk around for a bit.” Which was to say, sitting around all day had made her as antsy as a dog at a flea circus. She needed to stretch her legs before she lost her mind.

“Can’t we find a place to sit down?” Sketchy asked.

“Nope.” Applejack set out down a random street.

Sketchy followed behind her. “How much did we make from that last appointment?” he asked after a moment.

“A thousand bits.” Applejack wanted to gag. What kind of idiot blew a thousand bits on a naughty picture of themselves? Canterlot nobles, apparently.

“When did we increase the price?” Sketchy asked. “I thought it was still one hundred plus any expenses.”

“That’s still what we charge in Ponyville,” Applejack said. “Rarity said charging more in Canterlot would make us more popular.” She shook her head. “Looks like she was right.”

“I don’t understand,” Sketchy said. “Why is increasing our price making us more popular?”

“You got me,” Applejack said.

“What did I get you?”

Applejack rolled her eyes, but she smiled. “Never mind.”

They went another block before Sketchy spoke again. “Do you know if any apartments are available for rent nearby?”

Her smile disappeared, replaced by a weight in her chest. “Still plan on moving to Canterlot, then?”

“Do you think I should?” Sketchy asked. “We do get paid more here.”

“Yeah, but ….” Applejack looked around at the crowd of highfalutin’ ponies in fancy clothes, doing their best to look down their noses at everypony they met. “Is this really the crowd you want to run with?”

Sketchy looked down at his hooves. “I just want a home.”

Applejack wanted to shout that he already had a home, in Ponyville. And … well, she kind of liked having him around too. That had to count for something, right?

Except another part of her mind whispered that she was being selfish. A two-hour train ride to and from Ponyville every day just wasn’t practical. They could reduce the number of commissions they took from Canterlot nobles, or maybe make them come to Ponyville instead, but either choice would hurt Sketchy’s income big time. She couldn’t ask him to give up thousands of bits a week just to stay in Ponyville with her. The weight in her chest got so heavy that her head sank low just thinking about it. “There’s an apartment complex around here somewhere,” she said quietly. “We can go see if they have any available rooms.”

“Good idea,” Sketchy said. “Thank you for always helping me.”

Applejack couldn’t bring herself to meet his eyes. “Just doing my best to be a good friend.” She shook her head. “Now come on, I think it’s this way.”

The apartment complex wasn’t hard to find. Most ten-story buildings weren’t. Applejack led them inside and carefully studied the lobby. Somepony had said you could always tell the quality of an establishment by how they maintained the lobby. And if no pony had said that, then they needed to, because it was true.

Unfortunately, she didn’t find anything to complain about. The lobby was clean, decorated tastefully with a few chairs and sofas, and everything smelled faintly of peach blossoms. Darn it. Maybe the pony at the front desk would be a jerk and give her an excuse to storm out.

“Howdy,” Applejack said, “my friend’s looking to rent an apartment here.”

The desk pony smiled politely. He wore a red jacket with a black tie, both of which looked nice and professional. “He’s come to the right place. We have three apartments open right now. I’d be happy to show them to you, if you’d like.”

Of course. Applejack swallowed and forced herself to smile back. “That’d be real nice.”

‘Real nice,’ turned out to be a great way of describing all three apartments. They ranged in size from single-occupant to family-size, but all of them were comfortable, everything worked just fine in them, and Applejack could practically see Sketchy sitting in them, happily drawing his way to fame and fortune.

By the time they made it back to the front desk, her chest didn’t feel heavy so much as it felt like somepony had stomped it flat. She licked her lips. “How much are the apartments per month?”

“Six hundred for single,” the employee said, “a thousand for couple’s, and fifteen hundred for family.”

One more stomp on her chest. That was easily within Sketchy’s budget. “Th-thanks.” She turned to Sketchy, who had followed them silently the whole time. “So … what do you think?”

He looked at her for a long moment, like he was waiting for something. Applejack didn’t know what, though. Eventually he turned to the employee. “How soon can I move in?”