• Published 30th May 2018
  • 712 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Digi-Cat - Lucky Star Kona-chan



Tailmon is forced to live in Ponyville, she doesn't like it at all at first. But somepony may be able to change that.

  • ...
 24
 712

8: The calm before the storm

Author's Note:

Returning from the abyss apparently, life is life so there's that. Not really fired up or anything since I know no one waits for these :twilightsheepish:

Anyways enjoy :twilightsmile:

Rainbow saw the figures disappearing between the trees. When she believed she was alone, she got out of her hiding spot.

“What were those? Dragons?” She asked to herself, “They seemed different though, also what was that black thing in the sky?” she then looked at the direction the ‘dragons’ went, “I better keep an eye on them, something tells me this is bad news.”

With that, she carefully took the same path the black ‘dragons’ took.


Back at the Apple’s orchard, Applejack seemed to put her guard down a little bit around Tailmon after the couple of hours of work they shared. The cat seemed to be true to her word and actually helped, but she still didn’t trust her completely.

Still something needed to be done.

“Hey,” Tailmon called while casually carrying a basket full of apples.

“Eh? What is it?” Applejack replied with some surprise.

Tailmon scratched the back of her head and let out a somewhat sad sigh, ears folding backwards, “I’m sorry.”

Applejack just gave her a blank look, “Uh?”

“I said I’m sorry, ok!?” Tailmon yelled taken Applejack aback.

“Are ya’ ok there, sugar?” Applejack asked with some concern from the random outburst.

Tailmon just held her head down in shame, “No! Nothing is ok! I did something awful to you and your family; I hurt you just for my own stupidity.”

Those weren’t very good memories in Applejack’s head either, seeing Big Mac in that state. The pain she endured by Tailmon’s paw, it’s something she wouldn’t forget in a very long time.

But hearing Tailmon’s story from Twilight did serve for some small explanation of what happened that day.

Tailmon felt a hoof on her shoulder and stared up at Applejack giving her a somewhat empathetic look.

“Yes, ya’ did give us a good beating back there ya’ vermin,” Applejack said half-jokingly. “Twilight told me bout’ yer’ past and yer’ reasons to be with that Kurumi fella. Ah’ kind of understand it, Ah’ would’ve gone da same path if Ah’ were in yer place too,” Applejack’s eyes softened even more, before giving her a wink with a big smile, “but a lil’ less eviler probably.”

Tailmon just blinked a few times.

“Now, hear me here. Ah’m not saying Ah’ forgive ya’ just yet for what ya’ did to us, that will take time, mah’ chest still hurts a lil’,” AJ rubbed her chest, “But Ah’ can tell ya’ll trying ta make amends, so Ah’ll give ya’ a chance ta prove yerself.”

“Prove myself?”

“Eyyup, Ah’ wanna see with mah own eyes how ya’ fix the mess ya’ made, then we can be friends,” Applejack held her hoof up in front of Tailmon, “Do we have a deal, partner?” she said with a smile.

“You’re an idiot, you know,” Tailmon muttered with her eyes closed. But then her ears perked up again a faint smile appearing in her face, “But you’re a good kind of idiot, Applejack.” She grabbed the hoof with claw, doing a hoof/claw shake, “we have a deal. But…”

“But?”

“We’re not even yet,” Tailmon then stood in front of Applejack with her arms behind her, getting a puzzling look from the mare, “I want you to hit me as hard as you can, I will not defend myself.”

“Excuse me? What?” Applejack was confused, why would Tailmon tell her something like that?

“Hit me as with everything you have,” Tailmon repeated herself, “its only fair after what I’ve done to you and your family.”

“Ye’re making no sense now, sugarcube.”

“How am I not making any sense? I’m telling you to hit me!” Tailmon got exasperated.

“Ah’m not gonna do that.”

“Why?”

“Becuz it’s not yer’ fault,” Applejack replied with a neutral tone.

“What?” now it was Tailmon’s turn to be confused, “I beat you up, literally. With my own paws, how is that not my fault?”

“Yeah, ya’ did. But ya got tricked ta do so, also we already got a deal here so Ah’m satisfied,” Applejack finished with a playful wink.

Tailmon gawked at the country pony; her legs giving up on her she stuck her paws off for support. Then, she started to sob.

“Whoa there partner, what’s wrong?”

“It’s not fair…” Tailmon muttered between sobs, “you’re making so much sense right now; you’re supposed to be dumb…”

“Even the dumb can make sense sometimes,” Applejack gently replied, “not that Ah’ agree with me being dumb or anything.”

“Heh,” Tailmon let out a chuckle, “I guess I lose this one,” which triggered both to laugh in unison, any kind of resentment staying long in past memory.

In their laughing spree, they didn’t notice the yellow filly with red mane and a bow looking at them awkwardly for laughing at seemingly nothing.


Rainbow Dash carefully tippy hoofed around the vegetation of the Everfree as to not alert the strange visitors of her presence.

‘Where are they going?’ she asked mentally.

“Say, boss.” One of them said.

“What do you want now?” The bigger of the seven said with a grumble, apparently it had little patience.

The one from before, obviously dumber than the rest bought a claw to his chin, “what do we do after going to the nearby town?”

All of them, the only exception being the big one faceclawed exclaiming, “What an idiot.”

‘What an idiot’ Rainbow found herself agreeing with them for some reason.

That kind of silliness didn’t last long though, as the big didn’t look amused at all, instead he looked pissed off.

“What will we do, you ask?” He said stomping towards a small tree, impaling it with tremendous force using his claws, “This of course and then,” he pulled rooting the tree from the earth and smashing it against the ground.

Rainbow noticed this one started the leak smoke from his mouth.

“Black Flame!” The big one exclaimed while spiting a black fireball to the tree in the ground, engulfing it in flames which left nothing but ashes a few seconds after.

Out of nowhere the dumb one got kicked in the gut by the big one.

“That is what we’re going to do there. If you don’t want to join them, then don’t ask stupid questions like that,” He said threateningly before kicking the dumb one once more.

The rest of his group laughing at the one struggling to get up.

‘Yikes, that must have hurt,’ Rainbow thought as she was getting nervous of being so close to them. But she was more worried about what their plan was, ‘so they are planning to attack Ponyville,’ another look at the ashes of the once before tree gave her a nightmarish image in her head of what would happen if these things reach the town.

“Got it, boss!” The dumb one from before said, surprising Rainbow how quickly he recovered and wasn’t even scared or angry at the way he was treated before, “this will be so much fun,” a maniac grin taking place on his face.

“Finally, you say something worth our time. Now move on, you prehistoric waste!” The big one commanded as he resumed his way towards town.

The others merely said “Yes!” as response before following their leader.

Rainbow being left alone at last rested against a tree and left out a heavy breath, “I-I have to do something,” she muttered, “But I can’t go seven against one, as much as I would like to. Those flames are a problem too…”

She was interrupted by a familiar shout, “Black Flame!” soon after a black fireball collided with the tree she was resting.

“Ahh!” she screamed involuntarily while jumping away of the almost totally on fire tree. Not wasting a single more second Rainbow took to the air and flew away towards town, “I have to tell Twilight.”

She could hear the crazy laughter below her as she zoomed out of the forest.


It was almost mid day when Twilight returned to her castle after doing the groceries for Tailmon.

“We are finally making progress,” she said with a sense of relief, “I hope we can continue this way.”

That was until she heard something.

“Twilight!”

“Eh?” Turning to see who’s calling her, she saw Rainbow coming her way at a fast speed, “Rainbow?”

The prismatic mare landed in a very awkward way making her skid on the ground.

“Twilight! We are in trouble!” Rainbow yelled.

“Rainbow, calm down,” She tried to calm her distressed friend, “What happened? How are we in trouble?”

After some long and steady breaths Rainbow managed to calm her nerves a little bit, “A bit ago, I saw something weird in the sky.”

“Something weird in the sky? What do you mean?” Twilight asked being puzzled by this statement.

“I’m not sure what it was, I just know it was a black thing that wiggled in the sky. After looking at it for a while, it threw off seven things that landed in the Everfree Forest,” Rainbow continued her explanation, “That’s when I went there to check out what was the deal with that.”

“You went to the Everfree!? Rainbow that was very risky!” Twilight yelled out in concern.

“I know, but I’m glad I did.” The look on Rainbow’s eyes turned a bit somber.

“W-what do you mean by that?”

“The seven things that landed in the forest looked kind of like dragons. But I don’t know, they felt different to me,” This was something Rainbow herself couldn’t explain still.

“What kind of dragons?”

Rainbow focused on how they looked and what they could do, “They have no wings. They are not much bigger than us except for one that was slightly bigger than the rest which they called Boss, have bright yellow eyes and black scales, their arms and feet have three claws,” then she remembered the big thing, “They also could throw black flames from their mouths.”

“Black flames?” Twilight asked in confusion, “I never heard of dragons being able to throw black flames.”

“I told you, I’m not sure they are dragons Twi,” She was getting nervous again, “but those things are dangerous, they plan to attack Ponyville!”

“What!?”

“I heard them, they plan to come here and destroy everything,” Rainbow wasn’t sure how to behave at this point.

Twilight recovered from her shock and adopted a more serious expression, “How far are they from Ponyville?”

“I’d say around an hour if they keep going at the same pace I saw before, they would probably come from the area near Fluttershy’s”

Nodding, Twilight improvised a plan, “Rainbow, go to town hall and tell Mayer Mare about the situation to begin the evacuation, I’ll reunited the girls and take the ponies closer to the area to safety. We will re-group in Fluttershy’s cottage, ok?”

“Got it!” Rainbow said with a salute before taking off.

When left alone, Twilight mentally slapped herself, “I had to jinx it didn’t I?” then she went inside the castle to let Spike know about what was going to happen.


30 minutes later in Sweet Apple Acres.

After finishing the harvest of the day, Tailmon and the Apple sisters were taking a break in the porch with some apple juice.

“Yer not as bad as it said in the papers, Miss Tailmon,” Applebloom with all the innocence, exclaimed.

“I’m making an effort to change, sweetheart.” Tailmon said with a rather sad tone, “But, I did mess up real bad when your sister and her friends met me the first time.”

“But ye’re now fixing everything right?” The filly asked, getting her mane ruffled by the cat.

“That’s the plan, yes,” Tailmon giggled at the cuteness, she was always fond of children and would never bring herself to hurt any even when she was on the bad side.

“What are ya’ gonna do now?” Applejack asked, since there was no more work for the day.

Tailmon shrugged, “I’ll probably head back to Derpy’s house and wait for her.”

“Aww, ye’re leaving already Miss Tailmon?” Applebloom said with a bit of disappointment.

“Don’t worry I’ll come to visit every now and then,” Tailmon replied with a smile.

This excited the filly, “Really!?” she asked, getting a nod from the digi-cat at which Applebloom gave her a hug.

“You ponies really are the huggy type, huh?” Tailmon joked, but she would lie if she said she didn’t start to enjoy this aswell.

“That we are.” They shared a good laugh soon after.

A few minutes passed and Tailmon was in the way to Derpy’s home, she was far away when Twilight teleported to Sweet Apple Acres to communicate the situation to Applejack, which immediately rushed inside to let everypony know they should go evacuate with the rest of the town.

Tailmon meanwhile had a weird feeling annoying her, ‘Something is not right, but what could it be?’


After the hour had passed, all the Elements of Harmony exited Fluttershy’s home making sure all the animal took refuge first.

They took position in front of the riverbank next to the road heading towards town directly in front of the Everfree.

Rainbow then asked the obvious, “what about the cat?”

“Ah’m with Rainbow here, we should’ve told her,” Applejack added.

“I don’t want to put all the weight on Tailmon’s shoulders girls; she’s trying to change for good. Making her responsible of an entire town is just something I don’t want to impose on her right now,” Twilight’s heart was in the right place, even if she herself was a bit doubtful about the outcome of the next encounter.

“Emm… Twilight…” Fluttershy suddenly called in a shaky voice.

“What is it?”

“They are here darling, look.” Rarity said while pointing a hoof to the forest.

All of them looked as the seven figures started to appear at the other side.

“Be prepared girls, this can be dangerous,” Twilight commanded as all of them took fighting stances. “Rainbow,” she called getting her attention.

“I know what you’re gonna say Twi, if things go wrong I have to get the cat here.” Rainbow replied with confidence.

Everypony nodded and then focused on the figures leaving the darkness of the forest.

“I guess we’re having fun earlier than expected guys,” they heard the big one say as soon as they left the forest, “we have a welcoming committee.”

Hearing that make the rest of the group laugh and crossed the riverbank with all the intent of causing damage.

“I guess we can’t come to a peaceful agreement, right?” Twilight spoke up to the strange dragons.

“You can always stay still and die peacefully without resisting, but that’s less fun,” the leader replied in a cocky manner.

“I have to kindly say no to your offer sir,” Twilight answered with a smile of her own.

“I have a better one!” Rainbow gained everyone’s attention, “we will kick your butts and you will go away!”

The dragons stared at the prismatic airborne Pegasus with dumbstruck expressions before laughing in her face.

That’s when the leader stopped, “Kill them, I will jump in if any of them give trouble.” As on cue his group started the attack on the ponies.

Unknown to them the mysterious figure was watching the whole exchange, before quickly vanishing.

Comments ( 4 )

Excellent story you got going ther keep up the good work

Are the Digimon attacking Ponyville a group of BlackAgumonor or DarkTyrannamon?

10744039
DarkTyrannomon would be a little overkill, those are bigger than most pony buildings and those are champion level :rainbowderp:.

still waiting for the next chapter

Login or register to comment