• Published 30th May 2018
  • 712 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Digi-Cat - Lucky Star Kona-chan



Tailmon is forced to live in Ponyville, she doesn't like it at all at first. But somepony may be able to change that.

  • ...
 24
 712

7: Bad omen.

Author's Note:

I wasn't feeling too well while writing this one.

But I won't be bothering you with my problems.

Please enjoy, point out mistakes and give feedback if you want, Lucky Star, out!

The next morning was mostly uneventful, Tailmon had to clean and make breakfast for both of them, also had to wake Derpy up for work since she overslept.

“Hurry up Derpy, you’re going to be late for work,” Tailmon called from downstairs.

“Coming!” Derpy flied down the stairs, but a bad movement made her loss control and was about to crash onto the window.

Rolling her eyes Tailmon jumped to catch her and put her on the floor.

“Hehe… thanks Kitty,” Derpy said sheepishly.

“You have to be more careful you doofus,” Tailmon then checked her out, and shook her head disapprovingly.

“What?”

Tailmon deadpanned, “come with me, you’re such a mess.”

Derpy followed without complain, she trusted Tailmon more than anypony else at this point, after hearing about her past she understood her a little better and why she’s so mean sometimes. But that doesn’t change how well Tailmon treats her right now.

They went to Derpy’s room.

“Your tie is wrong,” Tailmon fixed Derpy’s tie, then took her hat off, “your mane is all over the place,” Tailmon got a brush and comb Derpy’s mane, “you’ve to learn to take care of yourself better Derpy.”

“I’ll try, but I don’t worry that much about it Kitty,” Derpy was brimming with optimism.

Tailmon raised an eye brow, “And that is because?”

Derpy beams at her, “because you are here to help me.”

Tailmon stopped briefly, fortunately she was combing Derpy’s mane from behind so she couldn’t see her happy smiling face right now, “heh, you’re such a silly pony sometimes.”

Short after Tailmon finally was done combing Derpy’s mane, “alright, soft and smooth,” she then gave Derpy her hat back.

“Thank you Kitty,” Derpy gave Tailmon a hug.

Tailmon patted her on the back a few times, “ok, ok. Go before it gets even later, I’ll wash your other uniform just in case something happens to this one.”

Derpy let go, “I’ll see you later Kitty.”

“Your lunch is in the corner, don’t forget it,” Taimon reminded her.

“Ok!” Derpy said as she went downstairs.

Tailmon went to fetch the other uniform; she let out a chuckle, ‘I wonder what else is going to happen around here, sure Blue messed up but it hasn’t been all that bad really, Twilight is good company for a relaxing chat.’

Tailmon then started her chores with a happy song in her heart.


Twilight and Applejack were walking in the middle of town towards Derpy’s house.

Applejack looked a little skeptic, “Ah’m not sure about this Twilight, are ya sure she’s ta be trusted?”

“I know how you feel Applejack, I was worried as well when I invited her to have a talk, but she proved to me that she can behave nicely, she just needs a chance to do it,” Twilight reassured.

Applejack still wasn’t convinced, she sighed, “Ah’ just hope nothing goes bad with this.”

After several minutes they got to their destination and saw Tailmon removing the leaves from the lawn.

Applejack looked warily at her.

Meanwhile Twilight called her out, “Tailmon!” she waved at her.

Tailmon perked up, waved back and opened the door of the fixed fence, “Good morning Twilight, what brings you here today?” then focused on Applejack, “Oh, hello there Orange.”

“Howdy…” Applejack greeted with not so much enthusiasm.

Twilight glanced at her briefly before focusing on Tailmon, she smiled, “good morning Tailmon, today I’m just accompanying Applejack. She has something for you.”

“What is it?” looking at Applejack Tailmon asked with curiosity.

Applejack averted her gaze, “Ah’m not so sure of this anymore…”

Twilight put a reassuring hoof on Applejack’s withers, “come on now Applejack, we talked about this, everypony deserves a chance.”

Applejack looked troubled but with a sigh that calmed her down she took a piece of paper from her hat, “Ah’ have a request fer ya, since ya were so kind ta leave Big Mac with a cast on two legs, we’ve been getting behind schedule with ta harvest of apples.”

Tailmon reached for the paper, when her claw made contact she noticed the subtle change on Applejack’s behavior, her stare turned harsher and her eyes squinting slightly giving her a sharper look.

Tailmon read the short request, then folded the paper neatly and gave it back, “so, you want me to go fetch apples at your orchard?”

Applejack took the paper kind of forcefully, “that’s it, will ya accept?”

Tailmon shrugged, “sure, why not? I’ve cleaned the house already I just need to go buy some stuff for dinner.”

Twilight intervened, “I’ll take care of that Tailmon, you go with Applejack.”

“Are you sure?” Tailmon asked and Twilight nodded, “alright, here’s the list let me go get the bits.”

“Don’t worry about that Tailmon, I’ll pay for it, it’s the least I can do after I made you remember all those memories yesterday,” Twilight offered.

“Ok then, if it makes you feel better then do it your way,” Tailmon then looked at Applejack, “lead the way Orange.”

Applejack said nothing and tipped her hat to cast a shadow over her eyes.

“Have fun you two!” Twilight waved happily to them.


The way towards Sweet Apple Acres was quite silent, in fact it was very silent; the awkwardness could be cut with a knife from how thick it was.

Tailmon was ok with that; after all she understood that Applejack was still bitter by the whole beating her and her brother up to a pulp.

She just followed the country pony as rows and rows of apple trees covered the entire left side of the road. Soon after they arrived to the big red barn.

“Wait here, Ah’ve ta check something,” Applejack said without waiting for an answer as she went inside.

Tailmon respecting Aj’s personal space shrugged and sat on the steps of the porch and rested her chin on her paws.

Shortly after she heard some growling behind her, confused she turned to a see a dog, a collie to be more specific, showing its teeth to her and as said before growling.

Tailmon ignore it but then it started barking, her very sharp sense of hearing wasn’t charmed by this ever increasing noise.

“Shut up…” Tailmon said in a calmed voice, but the dog didn’t stop.

“Shut up,” still kept barking.

Applejack was looking through the behind the curtains of the front window. She stood there as if waiting for something in particular to happen.

Tailmon got up; her tail whipping from side to side in an energetic way, her claws twitched ever so slightly and looked back without turning her body to look at the dog which flinched and whimpered in response.

That moment seemed to last for longer than it really was, the sense of tension grew up and Applejack was about to jump outside in case Tailmon were to attack Winona.

But… that didn’t happen, Tailmon just walked towards the orchard and blended between the trees to stay out of sight.

Applejack got out of the house, looking rather surprised, she was seriously expecting Tailmon to go and attack them. Even after Twilight’s reassuring she didn’t quite trust Tailmon yet.

“Winona, go play with Applebloom,” Applejack ordered.

Winona waving her tail happily barked once and went away.


Applejack looked around the orchard in search for Tailmon, but wasn’t able to locate her.

“Now where did that little rascal go now?” Applejack went deeper into the orchard looking carefully but still didn’t found the digital cat. “Hey! Where are ya! Hey!” she called for her but… “gosh darn it, Ah can’t remember ta name.”

She was getting nervous, what if the cat went against Applebloom, Big Mac or even Granny Smith? What if she tricked Twilight into believing her so she could get away with some things? Her mind was playing more and more scenarios in her head.

“Ah’ swear ta Celestia if she does…” Applejack started but got cut off.

“If I do what,” Tailmon jumped down from one of the trees and landed in front of Applejack.

Applejack jumped back in surprise.

“Well? What do you think I’ll do?” Tailmon said in a relaxed and calm tone, “attack you? Your dog? Your family? What is it Orange?”

Tailmon’s unexpressive and calm stare was unnerving to her, it made her remember that same look she had in the past battle, “Eeeh… well, Ah’…” she was sweating while backing away slowly at the same time as Tailmon advanced towards her.

This awkward little chase kept going until Applejack rear collided with a tree not leaving her any more space to retreat at which she just shrunk to the ground.

“What’s wrong, Orange? Are you afraid of little old me?” Tailmon giggled, “Aren’t you a cutie? You ponies really want to make me go d’aww with your scared faces,” then she reached for Applejack with a paw.

By instinct Applejack closed her eyes believing the cat will do something to her, but she felt her hat being removed and soon after her mane was being ruffled, this unexpected attention made her open her eyes.

“Uuuh… what are ya doing?”

“Petting you of course,” Tailmon happily replied.

“Why?”

“Why not, would you rather have me being a savage? I don’t work that way girl, now tell me how does all this business with the apples needs to be done so we can start,” Tailmon put Applejack’s hat back on her head but very tilted down so she couldn’t see.

Applejack tilted it up to see again, “Ah’ don’t why ya did that but ok, let’s go down ta business; we’ll need ta harvest at least a third part of the orchard ta catch up with the delay.”

“Alright, do we need anything to start? Or I just get them down and then pick them up?” Tailmon asked.

Applejack got up on her hooves again, “we need ta get the baskets and place them below the trees so no apples hit the ground and we also need the cart ta transport them back ta the barn.”

“Makes sense, let’s go.”

With that they went to the barn to get everything they needed.


They got everything in place to start working.

“Do ya know how ta buck a tree?” Applejack asked.

Tailmon stopped for a moment before awkwardly facing her, “excuse me? Can you repeat that again?”

Applejack was confused she thought she made that question as clear as possible, “Ah’ said if ya knew how ta buck a tree.”

“Oh… out of curiosity what does ‘buck a tree’ entails?” Tailmon asked unsure of the answer she would get.

Applejack tilted her head to the side, “well,” she positioned herself, lifted her hind legs and delivered a strong kick to the tree behind her that shook the entire thing, causing the apples to fall in the baskets below.

She posed proudly, “that’s about it.”

Tailmon let out a sigh of relief, “oh, thank goddess that was it.”

Applejack raised an eye-brow, “what do ya mean with that?”

Tailmon waved a dismissive paw, “nothing, nothing. So I just hit it right?”

Applejack nodded.

“Alright then,” Tailmon stood in front of a tree, winded up and struck the tree with force, the apples fell but a crunching noise could be heard as well, “Uh oh,” the tree trunk cut and fell to the ground making a cloud of dirt, “oops.”

Applejack was with her jaw on the ground for a bit before fixing it back up, “what did ya do!?”

Tailmon put her paws on her waist, “Hey I didn’t think your trees would be that soft, I’m sorry, ok?”

Applejack was taken aback by that, “wait… did ya just… apologize?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Uuuuuh…” Applejack just stared dumbfounded.

That was until an apple bumped on her forehead, “Ow!” she rubbed her forehead, “what was that for?”

“Stop daydreaming, there’s lots of work to do and I’m not doing your part,” Tailmon flashed a smug smile.

Applejack flashed a smile herself, “ya sly cat.”

“Dumb, pony.”

With that both of them dedicated to finish the job in the next few hours.


From the distance the watcher kept her eyes on Tailmon and company.

“It seems Tailmon is expanding her relationships with the locals, it’s good to see them getting along nicely, I’m proud of her she’s trying really hard,” she stopped for a moment, “but I can’t help this feeling of dread surrounding us… what could this mean? The portal can’t be opened yet and even if it could be, I don’t remember anyone from the Chaos Faction were there to cross it.”

She closed her notebook and took a look around; she didn’t see anything suspicious around besides Rainbow Dash resting on a cloud.

Not seeing anything at ground’s level, the watcher took a glance to the sky, then…


“I can’t believe I’m considering what Twilight said,” Rainbow sighed tiredly and looked at the blue sky, “well… if she’s going to help then its fine I guess.”

She let out a yawn and stretched her body to be more comfy, but something in the sky caught her attention.

Thinking she was just seeing things with a lazy eye, she focused on it and saw it wriggling.

“What is that thing?” she asked out loud to no one.

Little dots came out of the black round wriggling shape in the sky; then again it was far away and it suddenly disappeared.

Rainbow went airborne; she saw the dots falling over the Everfree, curious she flew in said direction to investigate.


Rainbow took only a few minutes to get to the area she thought the dots have fallen.

She landed inside the forest to avoid any wild swing of the weather in the air.

Looking around she didn’t find anything yet, but soon after she heard footsteps and not only a pair but a bunch of them, hearing them closer she jumped at a bush for cover.

The footsteps grew louder and louder, Rainbow stayed down to avoid detection but she also happened to hear the passing conversation.

“Where to now?” One of the growly voices asked.

“Didn’t you pay attention? You incompetent retard,” Another voice extremely similar to the first responded in a hostile tone.

“Shut up you prehistoric waste and follow me!” a third one with a slightly lower tone ordered.

“Yes Boss!” a bunch of similar voices said in unison.

The footsteps went away, Rainbow poked her head from the bush just enough to see through, her eyes got wide as she saw seven black dragon-like creatures heading in direction to Ponyville.