• Published 26th May 2018
  • 1,097 Views, 16 Comments

The More Things Change - Silver Butcher



The Mane 6 leave Equestria for 10 years and come back to a different world

  • ...
2
 16
 1,097

Chapter 4 -A New Dawn

Rainbow Dash was on a mission to discover what had happened to her house and It ended almost immediately. Upon asking Derpy what had happened the Mare had simply told her that it had been given to a Windigo as a peace offering before merrily skipping away.

"What?" Rainbow demanded in confusion, she spent the next few hours trying to get more info past that and finally found it through a pony she regretted talking to the second he spoke.

"Oh I remember you, you were with the Princess the other day when she returned from her voyage.

"Yeah I'm the Element of Loyalty," Rainbow replied, "heard of me?"

"I've only heard of you from that Dragon," the way the colt said that made Rainbow clench her fists
"Don't break his nose," Rainbow thought as the pony proceeded to insult Spike.

"Honestly the stories that thing tells are obscured," The pony then put on a mocking tone "Come around children as I speak in rhyme for no reason and tell you pointless lies about how I saved the Crystal Empire," The pony scoffed. "A publicity stunt obviously, as if a dragon would put its grubby little fingers on the Crystal Heart and not try and eat it," Rainbow took a deep long breath and the Pony kept talking.

"Hey," She snapped cutting him off "I want to talk about the Windigo that took my house, not hear you talk smack about my old pal Spike, so Answer the question and stop spewing your venomous views at me or I'm going to knock you flat," The Pony rolled his eyes at Rainbow before simply saying.

"The Dragon ran into town with the Windigo chasing after him, he probably stole something from it, and after about 20 minutes of the thing freezing the town somepony convinced it to take your house and do something or another with it, The Dragon obviously jumped at this and claims he did it, that thing does nothing but spew lies and-" There was loud wack as Rainbow punched the colt and walked away.

"I did ask you to stop with the venomous nonsense," She said before walking away


"You sure?" Twilight asked as Rainbow finished giving Twilight a request.

"Positive,"

"It'll take ages to build you a new house from scratch, we could just-"

"Spike gave it to a Windigo, and I'm not about to freeze to death over whatever few personal items I left in it and forgot about, also no one seems to know where the Windigo took it and honestly that sounds like a bullshit task to undergo," Twilight was silent for a moment as she flipped to the next page of her book.

"Alright, I'll go to the mayor's office and have the request for a new cloud home to be built for you.

"Epic," Rainbow replied before flopping on the nearest chair, Twilight's eye twitched.

"You know, you flopping like that is why all the good chairs broke on the ship,"

"Your starting to sound like Rarity," Rainbow replied as she sank her weight into her seat. Twilight looked at her friend for a moment, then back at her book, then back to Rainbow.

"Isn't there something else you could go do?"

"Naw," Rainbow replied casually as she repositioned herself and swung her hooves over the armrest.

"Rainbow either sit right or don't sit in my chairs,"


Rainbow groaned as she flew through the air, with no home to go to, not a cloud in the sky, and Twilight actively refusing to just let her relax in a chair she was on the search for a comfortable napping place, so far most of her old spots were either gone or no longer usable, she had given up and was now just trying to get a better idea of what Ponyville looked like nowadays, she landed near the outskirts of the town and sat on a tree stump.

"Never thought I'd miss the ship," she groaned, "Least I had some hidey-holes to nap in, can't even sit in a chair without being gripped at," Rainbow was content to have a terrible day when an unknown voice spoke behind her.

"you seem tired and distressed, I know of a place you can rest," Rainbow looked to see who had spoken, only to find nopony was behind her, instead a small box had been set down behind her, she looked at it suspiciously before picking it up and opening it slowly, inside was a simple note telling her directions to walk and how long to walk in the direction, deciding she had nothing to lose out of this she slowly followed the note and ended up on the trail near Sweet apple acres, just before arriving she turned to a small bit of fence that had been broken and shoddily repaired, Rainbow flew over the fence and walked a little until arriving at her destination after walking into some bushes, only to find a tiny clearing with a hammock hidden away from the world.

"Alright...awesome, kind of sketchy though," Rainbow looked the hammock over and found another note in the same handwriting, all it said was look up and she did so, above her was a second hammock, with a familiar-looking dragon chilling in it.

Author's Note:

Such a Cliche chapter name isn't it?

Comments ( 2 )

OMG! Wasn't Tank on her home?!

That dragon racist colt deserved worse than a mere hoof to the face.

Login or register to comment