• Published 26th May 2018
  • 1,098 Views, 16 Comments

The More Things Change - Silver Butcher



The Mane 6 leave Equestria for 10 years and come back to a different world

  • ...
2
 16
 1,098

Chapter 1- Welcome home

Twilight looked out in awe, what had once been the small town of Ponyville, had expanded greatly. Sugar Cube corner seemed to have taken ownership of several other shops across the town. everything was quiet, except for in the center of the town, Celestia had called ahead, and a lot of ponies had come to welcome the mane 6 home. They had returned nearly a month prior to this day but had been busy telling their finding to the other Princesses. But they had finally finished showing all the maps, the many different accounts of historical events from a multitude of countries, and other kinds of literature they had found had been sent to the Canterlot Library, a whole wing was in the process of being made in Twilight's name. This was only one of the many achievements they had achieved, but they were all ready to go home, Rarity was rubbing her neck.

"Oh, that stupid boat, none of those bed's where ever up to any sort of standers."

"You know, I remember a time...about three years ago I think...when you didn't seem to mind them so much," Rainbow Replied as she reminisced of the good old times.

"Those were..."

"Stop" Applejack interrupted "We just got home! Let's go home to our families. Have a nice time...then bitch at each other later." The two muttered but moved away from each other. Twilight walk in the front as they made their way down to the town, for the first time in 10 years they saw so many old friends, mixed with new faces. Pinkie was the first one to break away from the group when The Cakes got her attention

"Pinkie" Mr.Cake cried out once he saw her, She turned and was met with a hug from Mrs.Cake

"It's been so long!" Pinkie cried out as she hugged her friends/employers "How's Gummy? Are my sisters here? Do I still have a job?" She asked in rapid-fire succession as the Cake's dragged her off to celebrate with her family at Sugar Cube corner. Rainbow Dash was met with a surprise as well once she saw who the new Wonderbolt captain was.

"Scootaloo!? Is that you!?" Rainbow asked in absolute shock.

"Oh Yeah!" Scootaloo called out, striking a pose "Guess who could rival even you in flying speed!" Scootaloo cheered as she showed off her wingspan. "Come Dash! You, me, and quite a few old friends of yours have some catching up to do!" Rainbow took to the air, asking Scootaloo for the details on how she'd gotten to the rank of Captain. Applejack and Fluttershy's jaws hit the floor when they Saw Big Mac. He had a multitude of Bird's resting on his back.

"What the fuck bro?" Applejack asked in shock as she watched a few more land on him.

"Long story." Big Mac said as he and AJ made they way to Sweet Apple Acres. "Come on Fluttershy, your family is waiting at Sweet apple acres. Sorry to say but your cottage isn't exactly in the best of conditions."

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked.

"Long Story, but I wasn't there when it happened, you'll have to ask Discord."

"I've never heard you say so much in so little time," Applejack said in awe as the three made their way to Sweet apple acres. Rarity was meet with Sweetiebell, Who had a multitude of other ponies taking her picture.

"You look fabulous!" Rarity declared after getting a good look at her.

"I know! But we can talk about how great I look after we get you back to your Boutique, I think you'll find it's changed for the better." Rarity and Sweetie made their way to the Boutique, still swamped with paparazzi. Twilight was greeted by Shining armor, but she was getting less than delightful news.

"What do you mean they're in Africa!?" Twilight demanded

"Zecora had to go home, I asked Spike if he wanted to stay at the empire while she was gone, but Zecora didn't want to leave him behind, And Spike didn't want to be left behind either, "Shining replied

"When did this happen!?"

"They only left a few weeks ago, they'll be back in a week or two." Shining said as he threw his arm around Twilight. "but enough about that, Flurry's heart want to meet her aunt." Shining said as he leads Twilight to the Castel. Twilight looked at the Everfree Forest. "I'll see you when you get back" She whispered as she looked back up at her Castel.