• Published 26th May 2018
  • 1,094 Views, 16 Comments

The More Things Change - Silver Butcher



The Mane 6 leave Equestria for 10 years and come back to a different world

  • ...
2
 16
 1,094

Chapter 3- Paper Work

Twilight and Fluttershy looked at the damage in awe.

"What the hell did this?' Twilight asked as she looked at the damage. The Cottage had been cleanly cut in half, the Chimney had been knocked down, the part that had once had the door on it was now smashed flat, and the entire thing was slowly falling apart. Fluttershy walked over and entered what was left of her destroyed home, it was mostly empty save some broken china and three-fourths of a couch. Inside it, Big Mac was waiting for them

"So...I guess I have some explaining to do," he said awkwardly and as brick fell to the ground behind him, he looked back at it and sighed "Well...I don't know what happened." He said bluntly "I left for our Family reunion and left Spike in charge...Came back to this, Spike blames Discord, Discord blames Spike, neither will talk about what happened, on the bright side they have both agreed to pay for the damage, apparently whatever did this also prevented Discord form just snapping it fixed...but we needed you to sign some papers before we could bring a construction crew up here to fix it." Twilight squinted at him

"You're talking a lot. I've never heard you speak this long before." Big Mac looked at her.

"Ponies change Twilight. Ponies change." He said before turning back to Fluttershy "The Contractor will be arriving soon, once all the papers are signed it should only be 2 or 3 weeks before your Cottage is fixed" Twilight walked around the ruined cottage

"Spike did this?"

"I said Spike was here when it happened, don't know if he did it, Personally my bits are on Discord for doing it." Twilight ran her hand along the wall, Fluttershy and Big Mac walked over to her.

"Is something wrong?" Big Mac asked Fluttershy looked over at him.

"She just misses Spike," she said "His last letter was 5 years ago, and it did have much to say in it, just his usual weekly report, then he just stopped responding to letters. Big Mac nodded.

"Yeah, he doesn't talk to ponies much, and he's impossible to find when Crystal ponies come to town to see if he'll grant their wishes."

"What?"

"Don't ask, he hates it when he's asked about how that myth came about, but don't worry, he just...not very social anymore, tho he still shows up for Ogres & Oubliettes night."

"Listen, I know you want to see Spike, but where's my Angle?" Fluttershy demanded, crying a Little "I know he's..."

"I figure you would" Big Mac sighed "I can take you to his Grave, tho he did leave a little family behind," Big Mac said as the three walked away from the Ruins, Big Mac took them a tree not to far away from the mess, it had several sets of flowers, a Multitude of Bunnies around it, and A Fat Bear Sleeping happily next to it all.

"Harry?" Fluttershy asked in shock, wiping off her tears as the Bear Lazily opened its eye, looked at Fluttershy, closed it for a second, then shot straight up with its jaw open in shock.

"Oh my goodness, Harry you've gotten so...fluffy." She said politely as she walked to the Bear and the Grave Big Mac and Twilight decided to leave Fluttershy to grief and talk to her old bear friend.

"Sooo.." Twilight said awkwardly "What's Spike like now?" Big Mac though on this for a second then scratched his head.

"Last I heard some Snakepony was trying to get him to marry her, but that was like 2 weeks before he left for Africa with Zecora."

"Whoa!" Twilight said holding up her hands "You're just gonna say that and expect me to not have questions?"

"I Have no answers." Big Mac replied "Last Time I talked face to face with Spike was about 2 months ago during out last Guy's night, We got a new version of the Game and reset out characters so Now I'm an Assassin Spike's an Archer, and Discords a, you don't care about any of this do you?" Big Mac asked once he noticed the look on Twilight's face.

"What.Is.He.Like?" Twilight asked angrily "Is He still a Comic Book dork? Does he have Wings? Is He the Size of the cottage now? Did he turn into a miniature Zecora and speak in rhyme?"

"Yes, Yes, No, and Only sometimes." Big Mac Replied simply.

"Sometimes?"

"Spike is known to talk to the foals around Ponyville in Rymes, They all call him the Ghost of Everfree, what with the Cloak and his Lantern, I remember one time like three years ago He Overheard some kids were about to go into the Everfree and he..."

"Big Mac!" Twilight said irritably "Instead of randomly jumping for topic to topic, focus on one thing!"

"Sure I can...wait! Here come the Construction Ponies!" Big Mac waved and made his way over to a crew who had approached."

"Luna Fuck," Twilight said rubbing her temple "I already miss the old Big Mac."

Meanwhile.

Harry gave a series of growls as Fluttershy sat down and let the bunnies around the area inspect her.

"I see." Fluttershy nodded "I'm so sorry I missed all this Harry, but you can't let one bad break up ruin your Life!" Harry growled back and Fluttershy poked him, earing a giggle "Oh Really?" She asked, "You can deny it, but this belly gives it away." Harry tried something else and got a laugh out of Fluttershy who stared at him in silence, Harry gave a guilty smile "Really?" She asked, "That's your backup story?" Harry grumbled as Fluttershy got up "it's fine...but you are so going on a diet once the Cottage is back together." Harry Grumbled as he leaned over and picked up a Honey Pot. Before anything else could be said Bic Mac called for Fluttershy, "We'll talk later" She said as she got up and walked past Twilight, who was grumbling something about Rambling.

"Alright, boy's," Big Mac said, "This is Fluttershy, she owns the lands and the squashed house up there, witch funny enough, did have some Squashes inside it when I found it like this, And oh boy is that a heck of a story on its own..."

"Yeah, yeah," The Mare in front said as she passed Fluttershy a Pen and clipboard "If you'll just sign here...initial there...another signature there." And with that Fluttershy spent the next few hours signing a large amount of Paperwork, with Big Mac talking next to her, Twilight Left within the first 10 minutes.