• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,465 Views, 20 Comments

Colgate's Dentistry - Twilicorn



Colgate has just set out in the world to be what she wants-a dentist. Welcome to Ponyville, Colgate!

  • ...
0
 20
 1,465

The First Client

Colgate yawned, rolling over in the bed to the small clock sitting on her bedside table. 'Eight o'clock,' she thought to herself, then jumped out of bed.

"Eight o'clock?" running to the bathroom, she hastened to brush her mane and teeth, then jumped down the stairs to the waiting room.

"Hel-," began her receptionist, just to be cut off.

"When's my first appointment?"

"Half an hour," smiled the receptionist, and Colgate darted off to the back room and into the foal's area. Rushing around, she grabbed the small chair-side cart, setting a silver tray on it. Magically grabbing the toothbrush dispenser's handle, she rotated it until a pale pink toothbrush tumbled down, accompanied by a small pouch of toothpaste and a box of floss. Setting them on the tray, she tested all the tools, glad to see they worked efficiently. Magically grabbing a small, hoofheld mirror, she set it on the tray and collapsed backwards onto the dentist's chair herself, panting.

Checking the time, she saw she had ten more minutes and leaped towards the sink, hastily washing her hooves before sitting down in a small, spinning chair beside the patient's chair and awaiting her patient.

She didn't have to wait long before a snooty-looking pink filly entered, her nose in the air and her purple-and-white mane falling around her elegantly. She stomped towards Colgate with a frown, staring disdainfully at the chair.

"Am I supposed to sit here?" she asked, using every ounce of haughtiness she could.

"Yes. You're Diamond Tiara, I'd presume?"

"The one and only. What exactly are you doing to my mouth?"

"I'm going to clean your teeth, then check for cavities. From there I might have to fill them, and I'll of course check your teeth alignment to see if you need braces. Now open your mouth," she added, magically lifting the toothbrush. Lifting the water tube, she let a small amount trickle onto the toothbrush before squirting toothpaste on also. She adjusted the bright light above to shine into the filly's mouth, then began scouring at her mouth eagerly.

"Oww," winced Diamond Tiara, wincing as Colgate began brushing along her gums. Otherwise, she remained silent, keeping her mouth loosely open.

"Do you know what a toothbrush is?" asked Colgate as she finished, sticking the sucking-tube into the filly's mouth.

"No," said the filly honestly with a small blush.

"I'm sending this one home with you. If you want to avoid getting any more cavities, brush your teeth and floss them in the morning and evening. It'll also help with bad breath. Now, you do have two cavities, and I'm shocked you don't have more. I can fill them now, or at a later date. Just bring this home to your parents," she said with a grin, "And they can schedule an appointment. I'm just going to floss these real quick, and we can be off."

Colgate levitated the floss box, slowly pulling out a good hoof and a half's worth and flossing Tiara's teeth, sliding it back and forth between each molar and incisor. She shook her head sadly as Tiara's gums began bleeding and continued a bit softer. Finally finishing, she smiled at Diamond Tiara, gently patting her on the head. "Now, let's get some toys, eh?"

"Okay," said Diamond Tiara with a small sniff, advancing towards the center of the room. Colgate hoofed her two of the small coins as she began filling the bag, putting the used toothbrush, toothpaste and floss in the bag, then adding one more packet of toothbrush for good measure. Diamond Tiara added her own toys, a yoyo and bouncy ball, into the bag, then smiled.

"Thank you, Diamond Tiara," said Colgate with a grin.

"Thank you" replied the filly, trotting out eagerly.

"One job done, only a few more to go," said Colgate eagerly, sitting back down and fiddling with the tools until her next patient came.

Comments ( 17 )

There's something that bugs me: If Colgate is a dentist then why is her CM an Hourglass? Is she related to Ponyville's resident Time Lord?

961298
It refers to the long waiting times in a dentist's office.
-
TA: Why is Colgate a dentist? Shouldn't she be an oral hygienist? (Stereotypical, I know, but come on).

961323
Fair enough, at least you have material for any Doctor Whooves jokes/references in future chapters (I know that offically his name is Time Turner. But seriously that's a Harry Potter reference waiting to happen way too often.) :facehoof:

961342
At least they stopped there. If it continued, fans would catch on.
"Introducing my OC Expecto Patronum"

961348
Meh, debateable.

961298
Dentists recommend brushing your teeth for three minutes every day!

961381
10 out of 10 Time Lords reccomend throwing cheese at Daleks.

961298 (JLargent)
She;s secretly his wife :pinkiegasp:

961311 (Patient X)
I'm hoping as this progresses, it'll improve :) Thanks!

961323 (LazyLazyDan)
... I have no excuses.

961354 (Wariyoshi)
I'm really trying to stop doing that. I just get all these fantastic stories, then feel the need to publish them. Quickly. I have twenty stories, and like 90% of them are incomplete xD I'm going to sit down (hopefully this week) and force myself to finish a lot of them. As for grammar-I'm taking math two grades ahead. Not English :raritywink: But seriously, feel free to post anything you see off, because I need it.

961381
Colgate says you'll only need to for one minute if you use Colgate!

961390
Yes, but 11 out of ten suggest jello.

ATTN:: I need funniness help. I've got some stuff, but keep up the ideas!

961688 Funniness help, you say? Well, you can never go wrong with Derpy :derpytongue2: Stick her in there and make her be all "Oooh, what's this thingy!?"

"That's a mirror, Derpy"

"I have a sister! Hello sister!"

Or Pinkie Pie, make her unable to sit still :pinkiehappy:

one more packet of toothbrush do you mean toothpaste? :unsuresweetie: also i suggest twist:twistnerd:

965088
Probably xD
Twist is the next chapter, if I can figure out what I'm doing.

965225 woo hoo im right also maybe braces?

So when is DT going to get those cavities filled? That will be an interesting thing to see. I would love to see her kicking and struggling, causing Colgate to have to hogtie her into the chair, ok my Colgate is a lot more brutal as a dentist but regardless of what you have happen, it will be funny. This is getting upvoted, faved and tracked.

I secretly hope for this fic to get finished, 9 years later

Login or register to comment