• Published 9th Nov 2017
  • 943 Views, 7 Comments

The Return of the Sun And The Moon - keithsterling



it been nine year since the three main Princesses disapped from equestria

  • ...
8
 7
 943

Extra Content

Author's Note:

This extra content for this story, other extra content might be added to this story.

Extra Content

It an hour since the return of Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight and her brother Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight from battlefields of the Crystal Empire. In her bedchamber, a barefooted and bathed Aurora walks about her room attired in vibrant avocado-colored mid-knee length dress. She stops in front of a full-length mirror and proceeds to don a gold tiara on her head behind her horn, followed by adjusting a gold necklace with a sun symbol on it. With everything, perfect Aurora uses her psychic power to float a pair of black wedge sandals out of her wardrobe and slips her feet into the shoes.

In the hallway outside his older sister's bedchamber stood an impatient Grand Prince Somnus; he was attired oxford blue colored short-sleeve performance super shirt and British khaki-colored slim fit flat front pants. Why on his feet were black dress boots and he was wearing his royal regalia? A moment later, the door to his older sister's bedchamber opens up, and she blinks with surprise the moment she noticed her brother waiting for her.

"What took you so long, Aurora?" Somnus inquiries annoyed

"First off, I am a mare; we mares must look our best, Somnus," Aurora answers as she nervously tapping her foot on the ground.

"This has nothing to do with you looking your best, sister. Your foot gave you away. You are just as nervous as I am about reuniting with our mother and our Aunt after nine long years," Somnus explains as Aurora steps on her foot to stop it from moving.

"Sighs- you know too much about me, brother. But you are correct I am very nervous about reuniting with our mother and our Aunt they disappeared nine years ago. Look at us brother (flipping her palm up in the air) we are full-grown Alicorns, not to mention the rulers of Equestria. I am the Grand Princess of the Sun, and you are the Grand Prince of the Moon. The two titles that our Mother and our Aunt held for millennium." Aurora explains as Somnus polite laughs.

"I am sorry sister, but I must correct you're there. The title for our mother was Princess of the Sun, and the tile for our Aunt was Princess of the Moon after they're disappeared. We tack on the title Grand Princess and Grand Prince to their old titles as a way to begin anew with our rule of Equestria. But you do have something right, sister. We are full-grown Alicorns. But that doesn't mean we should not seek counsel from our mother and our Aunt. They still have much to teach us and my daughter Alysia could benefit greatly from the wisdom of Celestia and Luna." Somnus explains as the two siblings check the time on their MCV and figure, they have delayed enough the reunite with their mother and Aunt.

Sometime later, Aurora and Somnus arrive in the Grand Royal Palace solarium sitting in the room was Grand Princess Blueberry and Somnus' daughter Princess Alysia. The two ponies were talking to each other over a pitcher of sweet apple cider.

Upon seeing her father entering the room, Alysia's face flushes with happiness, and she runs over to him, followed by hugs him. Aurora informs her little sister Blueberry that Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle has been arrested and is now sitting in prison for war crimes against Equestria. She also tells her that she sent her troops to the Crystal City to secure it for her. Aurora heard an audible sigh of relief from her little sister upon hearing that Crystal City is now safe. She can now relax knowing that the terror of the last ten years is finely over and her Crystal ponies can now live in peace once again. But deep down in her heart Blueberry knows that this event is far from being done. After spending some time with Alysia and Blueberry in the Grand Royal Palace solarium, the two older siblings head out to find their missing family members to reunite with them.

In the palace gardens, Princess Celestia Silverlight attired in a burgundy color slightly below knee dress and gray espadrille platforms sandals stand on the shore of the secret lake tossing small stones into the water, causing ripples to form. A profound sadness pierces her very heart; she was there for the birth of Princess Flurry Heart. At the time of the delivery, she thought a natural-born Alicorn would be a gift to all the lands of Equestria. But in the light of recent events, that gift has become a nightmare to Equestria. It has sweep-up her precious foals into another era of lost harmony, something this very protective Alicorn mother never wanted to happen to her foals.

Watching from the path leading to the secret lake in the garden was Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight from this far away. She can sense that this Crystal War with Princess Flurry Heart weights heavily on her mother's heart. She thought having a natural born Alicorn would reinforce harmony in Equestria along with her beloved foals, but that was not to be. Aurora quickens her pace to reach her mother before she becomes more depressed. She hoping by reuniting with her mother, it will cure her of some of the pain she knows she feeling.

"Mother," Aurora said in the caring voice behind Celestia as she slowly turns around to see who spoke to her.

"A-Aurora?" Celestia said she lost for words as tears once again fill her light purple eyes. Before Aurora knew what happen, she was wrapped in the arms and wings of her missing mother. Who was overjoyed upon seeing her oldest foal very much alive and ruler of her Sun throne.

At that same time back in the private living area of Grand Royal Palace Grand Prince of the Moon, Somnus Silverlight stood in front of his Aunt Luna's double wooden doors with a carved crescent moon design on it. After talking to Blueberry, who told him that their Aunt went to her bedchamber, Somnus head over there. He knocks once on the door but gets no answer and figures that his Aunt is most likely taking a short nap.

He quietly opens the door and sticks his head into the room. As he thought to stretch out on her bed, attired in a light green slightly below knee-length dress was his sleeping Aunt Princess Luna Silverlight. A mischievous smile forms on Somnus' snout went he notice that his Aunt's large dark blue bare feet were exposed to some ticklish teasing. He quietly sneaks into her room and positions himself at the foot of her bed.

"Time to wake up, Auntie," Somnus said quietly as a prankish smile replaces the mischievous smile on his snout. He lightly stroked his fingers up and down the large dark blue soles of Luna's feet, targeting the arches of her feet. Till a smile forms on her snout, followed by laughter that wakes her up.

"Who dares tickle thy royal tootsies without thy permission?" Luna's voice booms as she searches around her room, trying to locate the guilty party who tickles the arches of her feet.

At the foot of her bed, Somnus has a tight grip an around his snout, trying to keep from laughing and giving away his position to his Auntie Luna. After the search for a little while, Luna figures she was dreaming about the whole thing. She was about to lay her head back down on her pillow went Somnus could no longer hold in his laughter and let it go. The laughter draws Luna's attention to the end of her bed, and she crawls over to it, press against the mattress of her bed was an Alicorn stallion.

"Raise you rascal! And face thy Princess of the Night. Explains thy reason for tickling your Princess's royal feet." Luna said, commanding as Somnus knew the jig was up and slowly rose to his feet.

As Somnus removed his hands from his face, Luna gasps as tears form in her moderate cyan colored eyes. Upon figure out that she and Celestia were back in Equestria after accidentally getting access to the Canterlot matrix through her sister playing with the Minicomputer vambrace on her forearm. They quickly try to find out about the fate of Celestia's foals. But were defeated rapidly went the Canterlot Matrix security system terminate the connection from her sister's MCV before they could get any information on them.

"S-Somnus?" Luna said uncertainly as she hesitantly reaches her hand out. The stallion grabs Luna's hand and tenderly rubs it against his cheek. With that, tears begin streaming down Luna's cheek, overjoyed to be reunited with her nephew Somnus.

"Cough I am happy to see thy alive, my dear little Somnus. And very pleased that you now rule my moon throne (noticing the black crown on his head behind his horn)," Luna comments returning to her hands-off attitude.

"I am sorry, Auntie, for tickling your feet," Somnus said apologetically as Luna chuckle into the back of her hand.

"I should have known, it was you Somnus, no pony is brave enough to face the wrath of the Princess of the Night, but you. Besides that, I will grant thee mercy, for if you didn't wake me up, I would have missed reuniting with you like this away from your royal duties. Where we can speak casually with each other as we did before." Luna explains as she walked over to a small sitting area in her room.

A moment later, she gestures Somnus to join her in the sitting area to talk; for the next few hours, the two ponies of the night spoke casually to each other. In that time, Somnus brought his Aunt Luna up to speed with a new history of Equestria. Till Luna's face took on a more severe look went the conversation shifted to current events in Equestria.

"I must know Somnus, was it a surprise?" Luna inquiry as she rests her chin on her hand.

"After what you taught me, Auntie. I had a feeling something like that was going to happen for a pony to gain ultimate power; they must forfeit a part of themselves. To gain that level, it much easier to gain that level went you are naturally born that way. so no, it was not a surprise; it was inevitable." Somnus explains as Luna let out an audible sigh and sinks back in her chair.

"Inevitable the exact word I used went, I started to teach you how to manipulate the forces of night magic. It was meant as a warning to you, that you would only listen to me and heeds my instructions to the letter. My lessons were no game if you ever treated my lessons as a game. I would suspend any new lessons for you. Till you took it seriously again." Luna explains as she sits up in her chair with a feeling of unfettering joy.

"As cold as your tutorage was, Auntie. I saw the pride in your eyes went I master an aspect of your night magic and the strength I had to resist the corruption." Somnus said as Luna started to blush.

"Somnus, please stop it; you are embarrassing me. If your parents didn't entrust your magic schooling to me. You would have surely been corrupted by darkens aspects of the night magic. Black crystal magic of an Umbra unicorn. But I am happy to say that you mastered the night magic of a Moon Alicorn, like me." Luna said with pride in her voice as Somnus stood up and kissed his Aunt on her cheek and hugs her to thank her for sticking with him all the way.

Sitting on a bench under a mighty oak tree in the Palace Gardens was Princess Celestia Silverlight and her oldest daughter Grand Princess Aurora Silverlight. After an emotional reunion with Aurora, Celestia quickly composed herself to try to appear unfazed by the whole occurrences. But Aurora knew that her mother was flushed with happiness to have her daughter with her.

"Aurora dear, was it a surprise when Princess Flurry Heart seized the Throne of Love from your little sister Blueberry?" Celestia inquiries as she crossed her legs and rests her elbow on top of her knee and placed her chin on the flat of her palm.

"There were no indications of any trouble in the Crystal Empire, mother. As far as I could sense, it was a typical day in Crystal City. So yes, it was a surprise, mother."Aurora answers as she crossed her legs and rested her hands on her knees.

"Surely your brother senses something off about the Crystal Empire, his senses are more in-tune to the darker side. Just like Luna, who taught him what she knows about night magic," Celestia comments as she brushes the dirt off her toenails.

"Unfortunately during the time of the coup, mother. Somnus and I developed a small rivalry between us. So he was not going to share any of his impressions with me, and I did the same." Aurora explains as Celestia's eyes blink with disbelief that her son and daughter allowed a petty rivalry to develop between them.

"Aurora Sol Silverlight. I taught you better than that. There are two rulers in Equestria. You and your brother. None can rule without other. Did my story of the trouble between my sister and me not leave an impression on you. and to make things worse, you lost a crucial impression by not talking to your brother went the coup happen." Celestia said in a huff as she slammed her foot on the ground in front of her.

"I know that mother; it took the Crystal War to relight the bond we once had as a brother and a sister. So I know how childish it was to allow such a petty rivalry to shatter our bond. On the flight back to Canterlot from the Crystal Empire, Somnus and I spoke for a good long time. We reconcile the differences between us, so by the time the transport helicopter landed at the Palace. we strengthen our bond, and we both accepted that it was our rivalry that put our little sister in danger. We promise each other that it will never happen again, and we will talk." Aurora said very sorry as Celestia's regard with an open fondness that her two oldest foals repaired their bond for the good of their family, ponies, and Equestria.

In Luna's bedchamber, the two ponies of the night continue to talk to each other about other matters like Somnus's immediate family, in other words, his daughter and his wife.

"During the testing, Somnus. My assigned hander was your wife, Princess Wave Runner Silverlight. She told me after the results confirmed my identity as a pure Alicorn mare. That she was a sea pony and demonstrated her ability to transform into her sea pony form went inside a body of water. But I sense she was keeping something from me. What was it, Somnus?" Luna inquiries as Somnus's face took on a hunted look.

"She no normal sea pony is she, she something else," Luna said, prodding Somnus for answers about his wife and her real identity.

"She is a siren, Auntie," Somnus said hesitantly as Luna recoil in horror.

"She a siren! All those creatures do is spread discord with their songs. How could you have been caught by that siren, Somnus?" Luna's voice thick with insinuation as Somnus face flushes with indignation.

"My wife is not that kind of monster that Star Swirl the bearded banished long ago!" Somnus' voice risings an octave, as a fearful chill runs down Luna's spine with Somnus's strong reaction toward her. He spread his wings and flew off his muscles tensing.

A moment later Luna's bedchamber doors open sauntering into the room was Princess Wave Runner Silverlight Somnus' wife. She was attired in blue top of the knee-length dress with stone-colored flat sandals. She was wearing her royal regalia to round out her outfit. On her way back to her and Somnus's bedchamber to get some rest, she senses the upsurge of negative energy from Somnus, whose heart was intertwined with her. A side effect of being a mated siren.

"Greetings, your highness." Wave Runner politely.

"What do you want, you evil siren. I don't know how you were able to take control of Somnus. But I will break your control of him." Luna said sharply as Wave Runner chuckle into her hand.

"What is there to break, your highness?" Wave Runner inquiry.

"That song you used on him." Luna knowing as Wave Runner sat down on the chair her husband once occupied.

"My songs don't work on Somnus. His heart and will are too strong for that. But I can reassure you that I do love him with all my heart. He once told me as a colt, he looks beyond your nightmare moon form to the real Luna. Are you telling me that Somnus is not allowed to look beyond the bad stories of sirens, to see what a true siren is? Yes, three of my kind did use their voices to try and take control of Equestria. But my sisters and I are not like them." Wave Runner said, brazenly tapping her finger on Luna's chests as Luna just chuckle.

"I am a truly sorry siren, I mean Princess Wave Runner Silverlight. My dear little Somnus truly found a worthy mate to stand by his side. To be the ruler of Moon means a long lonely night with little other ponies to share it. See other ponies' wonderful dreams and doing battle with the nightmares. You are the reason that Somnus can stay sane after doing battle night after night with the nightmares forces." Luna explains as she bows to Princess Wave Runner Silverlight, whose face glazes with shock from the quick change of Luna toward her.

"I have but one request, your highness. No matter what, stay at my dear little Somnus side. Love him for eternity." Luna said, heartfelt as a tear runs down Wave Runner's cheek splashing on slender light pink barefoot.

Comments ( 2 )

10403908
Thank you for the review of the Return of the sun and moon Queenchrysalisforever. I agree with you it could have been longer. At the time I wrote it I was not think of make it longer story. I just want to get the my world out and my altered timeline. yeah it need work a lot of work. Since write that story I have improved my style. But still the really reason I want it reviewed was to try and figure out why reader like it, That question has not been answered. I am going to chalk in up to I'll never real know why.

Login or register to comment