• Published 9th Nov 2017
  • 943 Views, 7 Comments

The Return of the Sun And The Moon - keithsterling



it been nine year since the three main Princesses disapped from equestria

  • ...
8
 7
 943

Chapter 3

Few hours later that same evening, after being told by her younger daughter how the Crystal war began, a downcast Princess Celestia sits on a cushioned window seat. As she looks outside at the Equestria nighttime, she wonders if the three of them didn’t disappear, would the Crystal war have started.

The soft pip plop of barefeet on the tile hallway echoes softly. Walking down the hall, wearing her light blue wrapped robe was Celestia’s granddaughter Princess Alysia. She got up to get a drink of water and was on her way back to her bed chamber to sleep when she noticed her grandmother sitting on the hallway window seat.

“Good evening Grandma.” Alysia said friendly as Celestia didn’t reply to her first greeting. Calmly, Alysia repeated her greetings to Celestia now getting her attention.

“Huh? Oh Alysia, I am sorry, I am not use to being called Grandma yet. But anyway what can I do for you?” Celestia said a bit embarrassed.

“It’s ok Grandma, I have to get use to having my grandmother around to talk to, besides that, I saw you sitting here thinking about something. What’s wrong grandma?” Alysia asked as she sat down on the same window seat across from her grandmother.

“I was just told by your Aunt Blueberry, how this Crystal War started.” Celestia commented a bit sadden as her granddaughter sighs softly looking outside at the night sky.

“It started with ego, and then evolved into the Crystal War. When Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle gained that ego about being a natural born Alicorn. There was no talking to her.” Alysia comments gruffly as Celestia’s goddess like features fell upon hearing what her granddaughter said.

“I am sorry grandmother, I didn’t mean to make it sound like being a natural born Alicorn was a bad thing. ” Alysia said as Celestia slid over to her granddaughter and put her arm around her.

“Don’t worry yourself granddaughter, I know you don’t think all Alicorns are like Princess Flurry Heart.” Celestia said reassuring as she reached down and unbuckled her sandals off her fairly large feet. A fleeting misgiving looking formed on Alysia’s face that soon vanished upon looking into her soft light purple eyes of her missing grandmother.

“Besides it’s getting late and do you not have morning court to attend to with your mother in the morning, Alysia?” Celestia reminder her as she removed her sandals and stood up to walk her grandchild back to her bed chamber to get some sleep before the coming morning

“I do, Grandmother, Good night.” Alysia said lovingly as Celestia gave her Granddaughter a kiss on her horn.

It’s an hour into the morning court session in Canterlot. With the presents of the Grand Princess of Love, Blueberry Swirl Silverlight, she’s at the royal palace to visit her mother and her Aunt. Both Princess Alysia Silverlight and her mother Princess Wave Runner Silverlight forgo their normal duties of holding royal court this day and allow the Grand Princess to hold morning court in their places.

In a small private dining room in the palace, Princess Alysia enjoys a brunch with her Grandmother Princess Celestia and her Great Aunt Princess Luna who have slowly adjusted to this new Equestria they find themselves in.

“Great niece, may I ask you a question?” Luna inquires looking over to Alysia

“Sure great auntie, What?” she answers cleaning her mouth with a napkin before placing it back on her lap.

“Whatever happened to magic in this new Equestria?” Luna asked the question who also got Celestia’s attention as she wonders as well.

“M-M-magic?” Alysia replied a bit confused with the question her Great Aunt Luna asked.

“Great Auntie? What is magic? I’ve never heard of magic before?” Alysia replied even more confused with the word 'magic'.

“Alysia, you are a unicorn pony How can you not know what magic is? Magic is the mainstay of what unicorn ponies’ do.” Luna discombobulated with her great niece’s puzzlement over a simple word like 'magic'.

“I -I -I.” Alysia baffled with her great aunt’s question

Soon the sound of clicking heels on the floor outside echo into the room as Grand Princess Blueberry arrives attired in a blue slightly below the knee length dress with gold heeled dress sandals. To round out her outfit, she wears her Princess’s regalia. She just finished up morning court in the throne room.

“Now Auntie, that’s not fair to poor Alysia. She was born after magic evolved into something else. So to ask her about magic will get you no answer because she was never exposed to the old ways of unicorn magic.” Blueberry said reassuringly as she walked up beside Alysia’s chair and bent down to kiss her on her cheek.

“Greetings niece.” Blueberry said friendly as she pulls out a chair from the table and sits down gracefully beside her niece.

“Do you mean magic still exist in this new Equestria? In a different form, dear?” Celestia realizing what her daughter said as Blueberry looks at her niece and smiles at her playfully.

Luna watches closely as Blueberry’s horn glows for a moment, before it returns to normal. Not sensing any kind of magic energy in the immediate area, Luna figures the spell failed. Suddenly Luna is startled by the unrestrained laughter coming from her sister Celestia, who was pounding her fist on a table trying to regain control of herself.

“Auntie, please stop using your power on grandma.” Alysia asks a bit hurt as Blueberry stopped using her power on her own mother.

“Sister what happened?” Luna inquired as Celestia begins to catch her breath after the unrestrained laughter she unleashed. It takes a few minutes for her to catch her breath and answer her sister’s question.

“I I have no idea what just happened, Luna. One moment I am feeling fine, and then suddenly it felt like numerous little fingers were tickling the soles of my feet at the same time. So I had no choice but to let it out. If that’s the power of this new Equestria, no wonder our power didn’t work when we first woke-up. It’s a totally different kind of power; we can’t sense it with our magic sense ability.” Celestia explains as the thought of learning something new thrilled the two sisters to no end.

“Blueberry what is the power called, may I ask?” Celestia inquires to her younger daughter

“The power is called Psychic Ability, mother. It’s the power that evolved from unicorn magic. A unicorn had to physically learn a spell from a book of spells. The unicorn that uses psychic power doesn’t. The effects come from the mind of the unicorn itself. Just like the old unicorn magic, the psychic ability differs from unicorn to unicorn.” Blueberry explains to her mother who’s taking it all in as Luna stands-up and asks Alysia to join her outside to talk with her.

“Thank you great niece for joining me, I have nothing against your Aunt Blueberry explaining everything to me about psychic ability. but I’d rather hear it from my great niece with a less longwinded explanation. if that’s ok with you.” Luna comments plopping down on a stone bench in the gardens as she gestures with her hand asking Alysia to sit down across from her.

“It’s o.k. with me great Auntie. I’ll try my best to explain psychic ability to you.” Alysia says in a friendly tone as she sits down. A smile forms on Luna’s snout.

“Very good great niece, but before we begin, can you show me one of your own abilities?” Luna asks politely as Alysia shook her head.

“Yes, great Auntie, All right, I want you to pay attention. To strap and buckle on the dress sandal you are wearing. I will unbuckle your sandal and remove it with one of my own abilities.” Alysia said as she takes a deep breath. Slowly her horn begins to glow as she concentrates on the task at hand.

Luna watches in amazement as a blue energy orb forms around the short strap on her sandal. Slowly the short strap slides out from under the silver buckle and goes taut. The small metal hook that locks the strap in place through one of the many holes pops out. The taut strap slackens allowing it to slide the rest of the way out from under the silver buckle. Luna can feel that her sandal is hanging loosely on her foot and it falls to the ground. The blue energy orb surrounds the sandal as it floats off her foot comes to rest on Alysia’s lap.

“Well done great niece (clapping her hands together) But I asked you to show me one of your own abilities, not a just general one.” Luna says appreciatively as Alysia give a startling look of surprise that her great aunt knew she was using a general ability.

“When did you know, great auntie, that I was using a general psychic ability?” Alysia inquired as Luna gets-up and hobbles her way over to the bench Alysia was sitting on as she’s one sandal short.

“The moment you started demonstrating, great niece. (Alysia gasps) Your father never told you it’s pretty hard to get something pass me. I am the Princess of Dreams, because of that, I know what is real and fake. When you started to demonstrate I knew you would not use your own ability. But the question is why, Great niece?” Luna explains as she places her hand onto Alysia’s shoulder.

“The reason I didn’t use my own ability, Great Auntie, is because I am the most common psychic around Equestria. I am called a Psychic Sensitive. I can feel the presence of all psychic energy and read the imprints of strong feelings on objects and read the emotions of others, as well as communicate telepathically. It doesn’t have the attack ability of the rest of my family.” Alysia said ashamed as Luna places her hand on her great niece’s shoulder trying to reassure her.

Meanwhile, at the same time, the front doors of the Grand Royal Palace open up and two full grown Alicorns arrive in battered nano bot combat body armor. A stallion and a mare walk into the Grand Palace vestibule. Every palace staff member present at the time in the vestibule knee down and bow their heads in respect to these Alicorns. The Alicorns were Grand Princess of the Sun, Aurora Silverlight and her brother Grand Prince of the Moon, Somnus Silverlight. Upon receiving the initial report from Somnus’s daughter and Aurora’s niece, Princess Alysia, that she possibly has two real Alicorns being held at the palace, it could be their missing family members.

The Grand Princess begins to form a brilliant plan to finally put an end to this deadlocked Crystal War before anymore of their troops fall in battle. With one quick gesture she approved the royal investigation into the identity of the two Alicorn mares. Her hope was that the two Alicorns held at the palace were her mother and her aunt, who went missing 9 years ago.

Four weeks later Somnus’s wife Princess Wave Runner sent the results of the tests to her sister-in-law Grand Princess Aurora confirming that the two Alicorns were, in fact, her mother Princess Celestia Silverlight and her aunt Princess Luna Silverlight. With the results she hoped for, Grand Princess Aurora set in motion the rest of her brilliant plan. During a skirmish fight with a small detachment of foot soldiers from the Crystal Empire troops.

A small detachment of average foot soldiers from the royal army troops drop a top secret message as they retreated from the fight. The Crystal Empire troops found the top secret message and read it. It stated that Princess Celestia Silverlight and Princess Luna Silverlight had returned to Canterlot after disappearing for nine years. To add credit to the report, two still photos taken at the Palace and a time stamped four weeks earlier were included in the message.

With the plan progressing as the Grand Princess expected, the Grand Prince pulled the combined forces back from the battlefield, to allow his sister’s plan to fully develop to end this Crystal War for good. As Aurora thought, the troops that found the top secret message was a conscript unit force, to fight for Princess Flurry Heart or get their family killed. It took two days for the plan to fully mature. When it did, the high energy shield that protected the Crystal City was lowered and all the Crystal Empire forces surrendered to the combined forces. To show sincerity, the General of the Crystal Empire forces handed over a stunned and stupefied Princess Flurry Heart for a war trial to the Grand Princess.

~back at the Canterlot Royal Palace~

“Did the plan work your Grand Highness?” Princess Wave Runner asked as she joined them on the second floor landing of the palace by her husband Somnus and his sister Aurora.

“Better than I hoped, Wave Runner. It’s all thanks to you and my niece, if Alysia didn’t believe that those Alicorns intruders, were real Alicorns, this war would have continued for how long I don’t know?” Aurora explains as Princess Wave Runner embraces and kisses her husband happily to have him back home.

“So now what, Aurora?” Somnus inquires as he poked his wife’s ribs with his finger that causes his wife to chuckle.

“As I was explaining to you on the flight back to Canterlot, I sent Blueberry’s troops to the Crystal City to secure it because it was their home and I didn’t want the crystal pony to think we are an occupying force. Plus it should be easier for Blueberry’s troops and the Crystal Ponies to ferret out those troops still loyal to Princess Flurry Heart, if any are left. Plus, the bulk of the combined forces are exhausted. It would be a good idea for them to return back to their home bases to rest and recover.” Aurora explains as she deactivated her nano bot combat body armor leaving her wearing her nano-suit. Soon Somnus follows suit.

“Does Blueberry, Alysia, our mother and our aunt know we are back, Wave Runner?” Aurora inquires as she lowers the zipper of her nano-suit to just above her bust, as she has been wearing the same suit for the longest time.

“No your grand highness, I have not told them the news of both your returns.” Wave Runner answers as Somnus lower his zipper revealing his rippled chest.

“Very good Wave Runner, let’s keep it that way for the moment. That should give us both time to take a well needed shower and change into some clean clothes, before we go reunite with our mother and our aunt.” Aurora explains as she sits down on the rail of the balustrade and pulls her boots off, leaving her barefooted.

“Now if you excuse me, I have been wearing this same nano suit for the longest time. I think it’s starting to grow on me.” Aurora comments as she patters off toward the private living area of the Palace leaving both Princess Wave Runner and Grand Prince Somnus on the second floor landing to talk.

“Tell me Wave Runner, how has it been for Alysia meeting her grandmother?” Somnus inquired as he sits on the rail of the balustrade.

“I have seen so many changes in our daughter, dear, since she met her grandmother Celestia. I feel one day she will be a great ruler for Equestria with her grandmother’s guidance.” Wave Runner said proudly as she crosses her arms in front of her.

“What about her great Aunt?” Somnus inquires

“About the same as her grandmother. It seems that the Alicorn of night can draw out some great things from our daughter, considering she doesn’t let anyone get to close to her. She fears that one day her Siren rage will hurt someone she cares about.” Wave Runner said unease as Somnus quickly hugs his wife to reassure her.