• Published 6th Nov 2018
  • 963 Views, 14 Comments

Hidden in Darkness's embrace - Dollie



Luna returns from her imprisonment but something seems off about the lunar princess. will hidden truths come to light?

  • ...
1
 14
 963

Memory Lane

"Okay if the baby is a girl, you have to make me my favorite dessert." Luna rolled her eyes playfully as she looked towards the man lying on her bed with his ear pressed against her belly. "That bet sounds reasonable... But what if it's a boy?" She asked, curious to see what he would do for her if she won the bet.

"The prize is for you to think about silly" The man gave her a goofy smile and pat he head.

"What did I tell you about patting my head like some animal?" Luna raised an eyebrow in slight annoyance.

"That you love it and I should do it more often?" he asked playfully.

"Moon Dusk.." Luna said in a serious tone. He raised his arms like he was caught in a robbery and chuckled.

"fine fine. Jeez women and their hormones."

Luna sighed and shook her head. This man really knew how to push her buttons, but she could never stay mad at him. This was the man she fell in love with after all. If it wasn't for him, life would not be worth living. The night princess ran her fingers through his soft, white hair. Moon dusk chuckled "See? I knew you wouldn't be mad at me. You love me too much."

"If it's a boy, you have to do what I say for a month." She said suddenly.

"My princess, don't be so cruel... I give you all of my love and this is how you repay me?" He asked, pretending to look hurt by her terms.

Luna pursed her lips, not knowing whether to laugh or to shove him off the bed. "Just be happy I love you." She rolled her eyes and then looked at him with a soft smile on her face.

Moon Dusk smiled and pulled he into a kiss "I feel very lucky to be loved by you and very grateful that you accepted my love" He said softly and caressed her cheek. even though they've been together for a long time, he still managed to make her heart skip a beat. When he was with her, it felt like all the darkness clouding her heart had cleared up and was replaced with sunshine.

Luna draped her long, dark blue wings around Moon Dusk and stole a soft kiss from his smooth lips. "I love you so much... You are my one and only... You'll still be my one and only long after you pass and even when Equestria is no more... My heart belongs to you..."
.............................................................

Luna smiled sadly as she looked at an old painting she salvaged from the old castle. It was of a man in a lunar guard uniform. He had a stoic expression, but the child-like gleam in his eyes stuck out like a sore thumb. She looked at his wild,white hair and her daughter flashed in her mind.

"She's starting to look more and more like you... she has your smile and that soft, white hair I love so much..." Luna said softly, glancing at Dollie who was fast asleep in her crib. "She finally woke up... It took 1000 years, but she's back to being our little girl.." Luna said as tears began to form. Her serene blue eyes became glossy.

"I failed... As a wife.. As a mother... I should've kept both of you safe... If I wasn't so naive then you would've still been alive and Dollie would've grown up with a father who loved her dearly... I'm so sorry... Nothing I can do now will make up for my past mistakes... But," she paused and turned her attention to the heavily sleeping baby "I won't make the same mistakes in the future... This time... No solar guard will lay a finger on her, and She will grow up knowing how much her father loved her.." Luna sniffled as silent tears streamed down her cheeks.

She walked up to Dollies crib and smiled softly before gently caressing her head "I won't let anyone harm you again... I'm sorry for being such a bad mother in the past... I'll do better now... I promise..."

"Princess, you are needed in the throne room."

Luna perked up when she heard one of the royal guards speak from the other side of her door. She looked at her daughter one last time and kissed her forehead tenderly. "I'll be back my little princess..." Luna whispered and quietly walked out of the room with a light smile on her face.

Author's Note:

Okay it's been a very long time, and I've actually had this chapter done for a while. I was just worried this may sound confusing since Luna is back in her room. This memory trip takes place a day later or so. I just couldn't think of a way to change this chapter. Sorry if it feels a little out of place. Motivation has been hard to find since starting college. :facehoof:

Comments ( 2 )

10831507
Ok.
Hope it does continue since it really caught my eye there.

10831772
I'll try my best.🙃

Login or register to comment