• Published 6th Nov 2018
  • 961 Views, 14 Comments

Hidden in Darkness's embrace - Dollie



Luna returns from her imprisonment but something seems off about the lunar princess. will hidden truths come to light?

  • ...
1
 14
 961

New Beginnings

Luna was quietly sitting in court with her sister, trying to learn the new rules as 1000 years was obviously a long gap. Celestia was happy Luna decided to come with her. She hasn't been out of her room in almost a week and it was getting to a point where her isolation was getting pretty unhealthy in Celestia's opinion. Besides, Court was always such a pain to bare. Luna being there made her feel a bit better as she listened to all the upperclassmen complain about the exact same thing. It was like they're all apart of one big cult or something.

As court went on, Luna began to regret even asking to join. She hated the disgusted glares she got from those snobby rich folks. They were also highly unbearable about how they ranted on and on about lowering taxes. 'If only the upper class changed over those 1000 years. If anything they've gotten worse.' Luna thought. She would rather be in her room, trying to remember the few memories she's made with her daughter. Thoughts like these made her tear up, but it also put a warm smile on her face.

Celestia had just finished addressing the concerns of her last subject for the day. The princess of the night watched as the man bowed to them in both respect and fear. 'I wonder what he's so afraid of.x Luna thought sarcastically as the man quickly got up walked out the door. "So what did you think of court?" Luna snapped to attention as she heard her sisters soft voice. "Very. Very. Painful." Celestia laughed lightly "I knew you would say something along those lines."

Luna shook her head a bit "I don't know how you deal with them. They are all worse than 1000 years ago. At least back then they wouldn't all ask for the same thing." Celestia gave off a teasing, boastful posture "Tis' a talent my dear sister." That got a giggle from Luna causing Celestia to smile brightly. Her sister has always been moping around the castle as of late. It was a good change to see her so happy. Maybe Luna will open up to her one day. Cadence had told Celestia to give her some space so she could have some time. Maybe that's what Luna truly needs.

After spending the rest of her day learning a few more things from her sister as well as the daily gossip at the dinner table, Luna finally decided to head back to her chambers to get ready for bed. She bid Celestia and Cadence a good night before retreating to the comfort and privacy of her room. As she walked down the halls, the guards stood to attention, trying to hide the fear laced on their features. Luna tried to ignore their terrible masks as she reached the big doors leading to her room.

As she walked in and closed the door behind her, a knock was heard from her balcony. Luna jumped a bit and turned to look at her balcony. There was a strange figure standing there,in a cloak, with something in its arms. Luna crept closer to the balcony screen door in caution and alarm. She eyed the mysterious person up and down, trying to get an idea of how much of a threat he was. Who are they? Why are they here? Luna's eyes then landed on the top left side of the cloak. There was a pendant of the moon and the North star. She recognized it almost immediately. The pendant was the symbol to an ancient Lunar tribe 1000 years ago. 'The Shining star tribe? They're still around...' She thought. Her heart raced as she slowly opened the door for whoever was under that cloak. Luna knew this tribe very well. After all, she did trust them with her most valuable possession.

"I'm sorry it took so long to get here princess," A masculine voice said through the cloak. "Our tribe has relocated much over 1000 years. We are quite far from the castle." Luna watched as the man removed the hoodie of the cloak. He had the signature draconic, yellow eyes and vampire like fangs. It was a known feature for people in lunar tribes. Luna only managed to nod at the mans words. A million things were going on in her head at that very moment. 'Could the elements of harmony have granted my wish...?' she thought.

The man looked down at the little bundle he was gently but securely holding on to and looked back up to the princess, smiling softly. He unwrapped the blanket just enough to see what it was. There was a baby girl in that blanket. She had a bit of snowy white hair on the top of her head and wide, bold, amethyst purple eyes. Luna covered her mouth with her hands as she let out a gasp. Tears welled in her eyes. She'd recognize those eyes anywhere. That was her little girl...

"She had woken up from her slumber a few days after your return. It was a long trip over here and I think she really misses her momma." The man smiled and walked up to a somewhat paralyzed Luna. He handed her the little baby, which she took gratefully. So much weight lifted off her shoulders as she silently cried.'She didn't age in her coma... I get another chance...' She thought as she gently hugged her daughter who happily smiled in response to being with her mother.

"Thank you so much... I'm forever grateful to the Shinning star tribe." The man smiled and bowed respectfully "Of course your majesty. It is our duty to serve and protect our princess." Luna smiled warmly as tears streamed down her cheek. This has to be the happiest night of her life. "I must be off to the tribe. Farewell Princess Luna... And Princess Dollie.." He smiled at the little baby before taking his leave.

Luna watched him fly off for a moment before closing her balcony door and lying on her side in the bed with her little baby right by her side. She smiled as Dollie held on to her finger and babbled happily. It was almost like she was showing how much she missed her mother in the best way a baby could. Well that's how Luna interpreted it anyway. She then draped her wing over Dollie in a caring yet protective way.

"Hey my little angel. I missed you." Luna cooed as her heart just soared with overwhelming joy. Dollie gave a wide smile as her eyes sparkled with glee in hearing her mothers gentle voice. Luna began to cry softly once more. She couldn't believe he daughter was alright, and back in her arms. Even better, She gets another shot at motherhood. Her wishes and hopes have been granted to her.

Luna began to hum a little lullaby for her daughter. It was pretty late and Dollie was only a baby. She watched as her daughter grew tired and fought to keep her eyes open. As usual, sleep ended up winning this battle and Dollie fell asleep with a cute little smile on her face. Luna smiled and gently kissed her forehead. 'I'm so sorry I failed you all those years ago... I promise you it will never happen again.. And no one will ever cause harm to you again... Not as long as I'm around...'

Author's Note:

Yeeeaaaaaahhh so when I was writing the first few paragraphs I accidentally clicked the exit button... And I had to start over... I also used a completely different start. Soooo now you'll never know what the original was..I'm sorry! dun kill meh:applecry:


This story is NOT over