• Published 6th Nov 2018
  • 957 Views, 14 Comments

Hidden in Darkness's embrace - Dollie



Luna returns from her imprisonment but something seems off about the lunar princess. will hidden truths come to light?

  • ...
1
 14
 957

Prologue

Nothing. The sound of complete emptiness hits the fallen lunar princesses ears as she struggles to open her eyes. She lets out a slight groan and manages to pry them open. Her eyes begin to dilate in pure horror and despair as she took in her surroundings. The crater filling, hazy gray landscape and galaxy void sky fills her sight. A shiver runs down her spine and a knot forms in her throat. Her flickering, wild purple mane begins to die down as the realization was slowly kicking in.

'No..Nononono.. She didn't.. She couldn't have...' Princess Luna thought as her breathing became quicker by the minute. Her own sister put her on the moon... Her own entity. Luna began to think of how foolish she was for letting Nightmare Moon get the best of her.. Now she has to sit and suffer here with her other dark half for who knows how long. The more she thought about it, the angrier she got. Not only at her sister, but at the elements, life, and especially herself. She remembers the look on her sisters face right before banishment. She feels a pang of sorrow in her heart as she stomps her foot on the floor in frustration and self anger.

Then another thought immediately rushes to her mind. Something that she cannot and will not ever forget. This the thought that will continuously haunt and torture her for the rest of her banishment. Tears welled up in the princesses eyes. Her hands begin to tremble as her eyes shut tightly while gritting her teeth.

'How could I... I'm such a monster... I deserve worse than this.. oh my god.. what have I done..What have I done!' The distraught lunar princess thought before letting out the most sorrowful, angry and distraught scream ever to be heard, if anyone were to hear it. Luna hides her face in her hands as she lets out loud, depressing sobs into her endless dark void of a prison. Dark, worrying, thoughts fill her head as her dread and sorrow worsens.

Luna looks up to see the Earth in all of it's glory, glowing brightly in front of her, taunting her in the way that it did. She hangs her head low, wishing this was all just a dream. Oh how nice it would be if she could just wake up in her warm bed, and see the sunshine. Even though she prefers the night and she knows everyone hates her, at least she could be with...
But now she's doomed herself to a fate worse than death and let the one most important thing to her down.

Luna looked back up at the giant colorful sphere once more. 'I'm so sorry I failed you... If I come back... I promise you I will be better for you...'

Author's Note:

Hooooooooomygod it's been a long time. I've been inspired to keep writing stories again and this is a story ive been thinking of doing for a while.
Chapters may be short for now as im just getting back into things, but I hope to make them longer as I go on.
This is just a short lil' prologue before the actual story. I tried my best at making it a bit suspenseful and curious as you dont know who Luna is referring to.
I hope you guys enjoy this little story of mine and I will try my best to grt back into the swing of things.