• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 1,073 Views, 11 Comments

RariDash: Biting Tails - Tailbiter231



Rainbow Dash and Rarity bite each others' tails.

  • ...
5
 11
 1,073

The Contest

Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie stood ready to try to catch Rainbow Dash's tail, while Rainbow Dash stood in front of them. Twilight was keeping score, and she, Fluttershy, and Spike were sure this contest would be fun to watch.

"Three... two... one... GO!"

Rainbow Dash took off and flew around, close enough to the ground so that her tail was in reach. Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie ran at Rainbow, who quickly flew to the left, causing them to collide.

Applejack was back on her feet first and quickly bit Rainbow's tail, pulling her to the ground.

Rainbow ran on foot this time, and Rarity and the others still had a bit of difficulty catching her. She jumped over Applejack, and then Pinkie intercepted her in midair and bit her tail, going for the ride back to the ground with her.

Rarity was frustrated that she was losing, but she wouldn't give up. She chased after Rainbow Dash, running as fast as her hooves would carry her. Applejack and Pinkie waited until she was in the right position, and ran at her from the sides, but Rainbow jumped, and Rarity jumped after her, while directly under her, Applejack and Pinkie Pie collided.

As soon as they were back on the ground, Rarity got close enough to Rainbow Dash and bit her tail, pulling her back.

"The score is tied, with 1 each!" said Twilight.

Rainbow continued to run around. As she turned to dodge Pinkie Pie, Applejack bit her tail again.

"Applejack pulls ahead at 2!" said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash flew into the air again. She seemed to dodge Applejack faster than Rarity or Pinkie Pie now. Maybe she knew Applejack had an advantage.

Pinkie Pie tackled Rainbow Dash to the ground. She got off her to try to bite her tail, but Rainbow quickly flew into the air to dodge. It seemed Pinkie's tactic hadn't worked.

Applejack caught up to Rainbow and opened her mouth, but her teeth closed on thin air as Rainbow flew out of the way.

Conveniently, her new position was close to Rarity, who ran after Rainbow Dash, bit her tail, and pulled her to the ground.

"Now Rarity and Applejack are tied!" said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash remained airborne, and Rarity chased after her again. As she got closer and closer to Rainbow's tail, she anticipated a right turn, and turned to the right.

Unfortunately for her, Rainbow turned to the left instead.

Now Applejack was galloping after Rainbow Dash, and catching up fast. Just as Applejack opened her mouth, Pinkie Pie bit her tail and pulled her back. There wasn't anything in the rules about biting any tails besides Rainbow Dash's tail, after all.

Pinkie zipped ahead at lightning fast speed and bit Rainbow Dash's tail, pulling it lightly so Rainbow Dash could feel it, and Twilight could see it.

"Whoever bites Rainbow Dash's tail next wins!" said Twilight.

"Time to turn things up a notch," said Rainbow Dash, and she touched down on the ground and started running a little faster.

Pinkie appeared right in front of her but she just jumped over her. Pinkie ran after her and tried to bite her tail, but Rarity caught up with her, bit Pinkie's tail, and pulled her out of the way.

Rainbow's tail hadn't had a taste, but it seemed that Pinkie's tail did. It tasted... sweet. Was that cotton candy? Whatever. She was Pinkie Pie. There were many things about her than didn't make sense.

Rarity ran as fast as if a horrible slime monster was right behind her, and tried to bite Rainbow's tail, but Applejack bit her tail, pulled her back, and ran ahead.

Just as Applejack's teeth were about to close around Rainbow's tail, Rainbow flew into the air, not far but enough to get her tail out of the way, causing Applejack to bite nothing.

Rainbow flew more wildly, making more unpredictable turns, and flying faster, though not at her full speed. Applejack jumped at her to try to bite her tail, but Rainbow dodged. Rarity continued to run in the direction of Rainbow Dash, who kept changing direction and always seemed out of her reach.

Pinkie Pie got in front of Rainbow and jumped so that she smashed into her, knocking them both to the ground, with Pinkie pinning Rainbow to the ground with her hooves. Pinkie turned around so she was still standing on Rainbow and grabbed her tail with her hooves. She held her tail up to her head and opened her mouth, but at that moment, Rainbow whipped her tail hard, sending Pinkie flying off her and sprawling to the ground. Rainbow got up and resumed flying.

It was then that Rarity got an idea. She watched as Applejack ran after Rainbow Dash, and stood so that Rainbow Dash was between her and Applejack. She stood a little to the side, so that Rainbow Dash wouldn't see her as easily, and hoped she wouldn't turn the wrong way.

Rainbow Dash flew forward for a bit, and then did a hard turn to the right. Rarity stomped her hoof in frustration, for she had been to Rainbow's left.

But then Rainbow turned around, flying toward Rarity. She did not fly directly at her, a little more to her side, and was flying fast. Applejack recovered and was on Rainbow's tail again (not literally), slowly catching up.

Rarity focused on Rainbow Dash's beautiful rainbow tail, and hoped she timed it right as to when to act. When she was sure it was the right time, Rarity ran forward. By the time Rainbow was in front of her, she was right next to her, and Rarity turned to run after her, and, not slowing down for a moment, opened her mouth.

And Rarity bit Rainbow Dash's tail.

The instant Rarity pulled on Rainbow's tail, Pinkie dove at the spot where Rainbow Dash would have been, apparently trying her tackle trick a third time, and sprawled to the ground again.

"Rarity wins!" said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie were exhausted.

"Hoo, you're even better at bitin' Rainbow's tail than I am!" said Applejack.

Rarity blushed affectionately. "I still can't believe I won. I thought you would for sure."

"That'd be a mighty fun game to play again."

"Of course we will!" said Rainbow Dash. "I'll have to fly even faster this time."

"Faster?" Rarity had liked the challenge, but she had barely been able to catch her in the third round. She knew Rainbow hadn't been flying anywhere close to her full speed, but she wasn't sure she'd be able to...

"Gotchya!" said Rainbow Dash, and the ponies all laughed at her joke.

Rarity playfully bit Rainbow Dash's tail, pulling it slightly.

Then Spike ran up to Rarity and bit her tail.

"Aw, you look so cute when you do that, Spikey-wikey," said Rarity, and she kissed him.

Author's Note:

So yeah, as lovely as Rainbow Dash and Rarity find each others' tails, I didn't strictly ship them. I don't have a lot of experience with stories that revolve around romance. So, this story's perfect for the Friendshipping folder of RariDash, and I added that Sparity bit at the end.

Comments ( 10 )

...why does it say Chapter 1 is 2,084 words, Chapter 2 is 1,214 words, and in total it,s 2,280 words? Shouldn't the total be 3,298?

Rainbow Dash and Rarity do to each other what Fluttershy has done to both of them, and what they have done to her, but not each other - biting each others' tails!

I like seeing Rainbow Dash and Rarity together and I want one to bite the other's tail in the show, but they have never been paired together this way, even though they've been on both ends of this with Fluttershy.

I can't seem to recall this ever happening in the show itself. I remember Applejack biting Rainbow's tail plenty of times, though. Care to refresh my memory?

WAAAAAAAT





(this is funny)

8115626 Don't mind if I do

In Friendship is Magic Part 2, the second episode of the series, Nightmare Moon sends the Mane 6 falling down a cliff, except the two pegasi. When Rainbow Dash catches Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy bites Rarity's tail.

In A Dog and Pony Show, when Spike is "fishing" for the Diamond Dogs to get into their cave, Applejack bites his tail, leading to a biting tails chain, and Fluttershy is the one who bites Rainbow Dash's tail.

In Putting Your Hoof Down, when the salespony tries to force Fluttershy to pay 10 bits for a cherry, and she screws up Pinkie Pie's tactic and almost pays 12 bits, Rarity bites her tail to pull her back.

Finally, at the beginning of Dragon Quest, Rainbow Dash bites Fluttershy's tail when she tries to avoid going to see the dragons. This is before the opening sequence, and Fluttershy's only appearance this episode.

This is all in the course of the first two seasons. I could PM you more details, but each of the Mane 6 has bitten the tail of at least one of the Mane 6, and had her tail bitten by at least one of them. Of course, Applejack holds the record, biting Rainbow Dash's tail eight times.

8115655 Should I put a Comedy tag on it then? :raritystarry:

8115777 I think you should! It's a funny and cute story.

8115777 That sounds like a good idea

This was an adorable piece of friendshipping.

Only one upvote? I know at least four people liked this story

Login or register to comment