• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,984 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,984

PreviousChapters Next
Calm Before A Storm

It had been a month since Unum had joined the family, and life had been good. She was smiling, she enjoyed looking after the twins, and was quite the mother when parenting the kids. She had found a place in all our hearts, and she opened hers to us. She hasn’t remembered much about from before all the Core junk with her started, but she doesn't seem to mind much. She enjoys her new life the Grandfather Light gave her.

“Zeke, where did you put those files from the Neverland world?” Unum asked. When she’s not at home with me, she’s at work with me, thanks to that range limit X placed on her… in all honesty I think she uses it as an excuse to be with me 24/7… Wait, did X think that far ahead?

You just realized?

You little fucker… “Third filing cabinet, top drawer.” I replied.

“Thanks.” She took out the files and was looking them over. “So how come most of these worlds are under the ‘Not Yet’ lable?”

“Just means they aren’t ready to to integrated with the other worlds yet. Whether it’s a societal issue or ideological issue.”

“What’s the difference?”

“Societal issue means that the general population might not be all too happy with the sudden changes, of there’s no major issues we can help with to make the idea of integrating appealing. Ideological is basicly the people have a very isolated way of life and wish to keep it that way.”

“So not ready for change, and don’t want it?”

“That sums it up.”

“Why not just say that?”

“Cause I sound smart when using big words.” Unum gave a light whack to the back of my head. “Dummy.” She said with a giggle.

“Sexy~”

“That an offer?”

“Are you a-” There was a knock at the door. “Damn… Come in.”

The door opened and Shining Armor entered… looking rather concerned. “Hey…” He said, taking a seat.

“You alright? Job finally get to ya?”

“What, no, no… just um…” He looked around. “This does not leave this room… Cadence is… pregnant.”

“Congrats.”

“How beautiful!’ Unum said.

“Shush!” Shining said. “Yeah, I’m happy, but I’m scared.”

“Of? Celestia, Rune, Chrysalis and Fluttershy are all pregnate with my kids, you don’t see me freaking out. I’m happy.” I said, trying to figure out what Shining was freaking out over.

“It’s just… I am happy, excited, but after that incident with the… Unversed, right? I realized Daybreak isn’t as fortified as I had hoped. I’m just scared for the child’s safety.”

“As any new or experienced parent should be. Look at me, My house floats above the castle over a hundred feet in the air, you think the image of any of my kids falling off hasn’t played through my mind?”

“How do you cope?”

“For the older ones, I know they won’t do that without their gliders to catch them… or wings given three of them are pegasus race. Regardless, I trust someone, be it me, one of the wives, or the older siblings, will be there to look after them. Plus Twilight did improve that barrier spell she made to keep them inside be they to young, or grounded… as Rumble learned the hard way.”

“I should ask her for it… but after the whole telling her thing…”

“Wait… you came and told me you and Cadence were having a kid before your own sister… you fucked up dude.”

Shining Armor’s head hit my desk. “How did I not realize this?!”

“Too many lucky rookie’s getting ya in the head?” Unum replied, earning a glare from Shining and a chuckle from me. “Well you go through helmets more than you should.”

“Twilight is still finishing up and fine tuning the latest Keyblade armors. She wanted her regular beta testers to try out the closest she’s made to replicating Zeke’s armor.”

“Still, Unum and I will pretend this is new to us when Cadence says the news, kay?”

“Thanks.”


The family received a ‘sudden’ invitation to eat dinner and spend the night with Cadence and Shining Armor in the castle, and we figured it would be alright. Before dinner even started Shining and Cadence announced about the baby, and apple cider (what you expect, there’s five pregnant women here) was served with the meals. Sweets and other party foods were given and eaten.

While the girls were talking and the kids were all beating the guards in combat in the training room, Shining and I were having a talk elsewhere, aka, the lounge, complete with a bunch or just-for-looks-books, and a fireplace.. “So, you and the girls think of any names yet?” Shining asked, taking a sip of his own apple cider bottle.

“We wanna wait til we know the genders before then.” I reply, drinking from my own bottle of apple cider. “Was a smart move to send workers to look back over Sweet Apple Acres.”

“Yeah, more food for the people and trade, and Ponyville is getting rebuilt.”

“Twilight and the others talk about moving the ship there, parking it rather than have it constantly floating above the city. I don’t mind, but I wanna wait til we can figure out how to replicate the Crystal Heart.”

“Smart, how come?”

“What you said earlier got stuck in my head… plus… there is still the balance I need to consider.”

“What about it?”

“Just that, the incident with the Unversed, the people were able to deal with it, but the next generation might not, even if trained in combat. I was thinking, if we can replicate the Crystal Heart, make a version able to keep a city or town safe, and the heartless stay in uninhabited areas, darkness and light on the same world. Light fights the darkness, darkness fights back, generations get strong… I know it sounds risky and dangerous, but a world can’t just live in light all the time.”

“I suppose you have a point there, but how can we figure that out? The heart only identifies it’s maker as The Master of Masters. Kind of a redundant title.”

“Names aside to make a device like the heart he or she must have been a genius in the arts of Keyblades, hearts, and magic. If we could even find a torn blueprint or spell about the heart then we could do so much.”

“True, the heart sustains the shield around Daybreak, keeps Heartless… and Core… off the world, it would be a major advantage… speaking of, how’s that Grandfather Light?”

“Cid is working on it, trying to see how to use it or gain knowledge from it. Unum says it’s got a mind of it’s own, so it might tell us something we need… problem is, A; how do you talk to light? And B; what might happen if the Grandfather Light isn’t enough in the end?”

“The tough questions that keep good guys like you and everyone else up at night…”

“Save for you, last time you fought you barely held your own against that tall and fat Unversed.”

“It was armored everywhere!”

“The back was exposed, and you can land several hits before it turns around.”

“Whatever! So, how’s your new wives been? Unum seems happy.”

“They’ve adjusted. Unum is finally being happy rather than hating herself over that crap she did with Core. Derpy has been… foreword… same with Pinkie… everyone else has been moving at their own pace though.”

“So odds of those two coming up and saying their pregnant?”

“Likely.”

“Man, you sure you can handle that many babies?”

“Their mothers will be there, the wives not yet with kids will be there, I’ll be there, and the other kids will be there to look after them. It will work out, though maybe a nanny… or three, might be a good idea.”

“”Sounds good, so what abot-”

“Stop her!” Leon’s voice rang from the hallway. Shining and I got up immediately and went to see what was going on. We found the girls, and Leon, standing in a random room in front of a decorative mirror.

“What happened?” I asked, walking up to Twilight, she looked shaken.

“I, i’m not sure. She just, I saw her in the hall carrying my element of harmony and… we chased her here, then my element and her just, walked through that mirror.”

The mirror in question was taller than me, purple frame, on a stand of the same color decorated with two small ponies and horseshoes. I walked up to it, poked it, and felt the ‘mirror’ was like a thin liquid. “Well… that’s odd.”

“I had hoped she would have come back better.” Celestia said, gaining all our attention.

“Umm, you know who jacked Twi’s crown Celestia?”

“A former student of mine, Sunset Shimmer. She was obsessed with power, and we got into an argument that… lead to her expulsion,” Twilight shivered at hearing that. “She ran off into this same mirror thirty moons ago… I had completely forgotten it was so close… guess pregnancy takes a few tolls.”

“So, I take it this leads to another world?”

“Yes, this mirror is one of Starswirl's creations.”

“Well then, Twi, get some traveling clothes, we’re getting that element of yours back. And since we have the gateways via X-blade, no need to worry about a time limit, but we’ll be back soon.”

“I’m coming too.” Unum said. “The range limit…”

“Right, well, let’s pack a few things then head out..”


Ouch… that fucking portal is as rocky as riding the gateways without a glider… I got up, noticing we were in front of a… high school? I looked around, finding Unum nearby next to… Twilight? What the… she looks human, no extra furry/anthro pony parts. “Twi, Unum.” I say, shaking the two.

Unum woke up fine, but Twi… we had to cover her mouth to stop her from screaming about the changes to her body, which was only the loss of fur, tail, horn, and her pony ears were now human ones… how come Unum and I didn’t change? “Where are we?” Twilight asked, finally getting herself sorted out.

“A high school.” I answered. “Why though is… I’m lost on that…”

“She must have gone inside.” Unum said. “Let’s go.” We walked inside, finding a bunch of empty hallway with trophy cases built into the wall.

To our annoyance the bell rang and students filled the hall, barely letting Unum, Twi and I walk through. We walked around a bit, but found nothing by the time the bell rang again. “This is gonna be like finding a needle in a haystack.” I mutter.

“She’s hiding in a crowd, maybe there’s someplace specifi-” There was screaming coming from the hall back from where we came from. We ran back… only to find Unversed.

“How… that bastard must be here.” Twi and I activated our armors, and I summoned Discord. Twi summoned her Keyblade, and to my surprise, Unum summoned a Kingdom Key. “You’ve had a Keyblade this whole time?”

“Came back when my heart did.” She stated, and we began to fight. They were coming in swarms of small frys… till an unexpected piece of a Trinity Armor flew passed us in the hall. “Before it connects to the rest!” We chased after it, all the way outside to the front of the school… where we ran into a guy dressed in white, blue, and gold robes wearing a unicorn mask… wielding a Keyblade. “The…”

“Heck?” The man in the unicorn mask finished.

PreviousChapters Next