• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Making A Home

To say people, mainly Shining Armor, were surprised to see Chrysalis would be an understatement. The kiss was… Awkward since I didn't really know Chrysalis and she bit my tongue during it. Cid had a special wedding gift for us all, and we followed him to the outside of the castle. “So what is it Cid?” I asked as the girls and kids walked behind me.

“Look up dummy!” I rolled my eyes and looked up. It was a large gummi ship floating above the castle, wait a minute…

“Cid, isn’t that Gummie town?”

“Was Gummi Town, I managed to have enough spare gummis to build extra ships people here could call home since we’ve been finding all those folks who lived here first. Bunch of us remodeled it so now it’s your own personal mansion!”

“No way!” Dinky yelled.

“Race you to the rooms!” Button yelled as he pulled out his glider and flew up, his siblings close behind.

“Cid, this is amazing.” Celestia said.

“Ain’t nothing. Best part, the parents bedroom has a bed big enough to hold twenty people, and I specially soundproofed it. Noise goes in, but it don’t go out.” He winked.

“Perfect!” Rune yelled in glee.

“That’s amazing, so… what should we do girls?” I asked.

“Move in and maybe travel. Will the rest of the council be okay without Celestia, Luna, or Zeke?” Care asked.

“Ship’s got communicators, so if we need ya, we’ll call.” Cid said.

“Alright then, let’s pack up for the last time.” I said as we all went back out into the castle.


The kids all picked out their rooms and moved in. A nursery was attached to the master bedroom, which was a nice touch. Kitchen was massive, dining hall was massive, and the whole place was half decorated when we got in. There were still lots of rooms. Over one hundred and twenty bedrooms, each able to hold up to five people comfortably. Five storage rooms, each a ridiculous two miles in height, length and width. A docking bay able to hold and make gummi ships, and that was just THE FIRST FLOOR!

“How are we gonna ever find our way around in this place?” I asked as Rune placed a plate of spaghetti in front of me at the dinner table.

“We’ll just have to either get used to it, or you gotta do over time.” Rune said.

“Overtime?” I asked as she pointed towards her belly… “Oh…”

“Still, this place is rather massive. The nursery must have been something else entirely before they remodeled it into that. It’s huge!” Luna said.

“Did you see that master bathroom? We can all fit in that ‘tub’.” Rainbow said as the rest of the girls all looked at me.

“... What?”

“Not gonna blush? Or stutter?” Care asked.

“I’ve accepted my fate as your plaything~” I teased as Rune physically shuttered.

“Wow, why the change?” Celestia asked.

“Was after getting shot and during my month of recovery before the wedding… specifically my nights of recovery~”

“I like this Zeke.” Rune said, making us all laugh. “Chrysalis, don’t you wanna join in?”

We all looked at Chrysalis… who was looking rather indifferent. “I just… While changelings can eat it does nothing for us… actually, just listening in on this conversation is giving me more love than what I’ve had since… the Nobodies…”

“Oh… well. What do you wanna do later?” I asked.

“Not sure. Even though this is my ‘punishment’ by Cadence I feel rather… unhappy. I’ve now got food, a place to live, I think I just miss my hive.”

“Why were they just killed though? Changeling’s have hearts too, X pretty much confirmed that.”

“Maybe because they were all drones… I don’t know. What are Nobodies anyway?”

“The body and soul of a person who lost their heart. There are special ones that still look, well, human, but they can’t feel any emotions. They can act it, only because they remember what emotions are.”

“The story behind changelings is rather similar.”

“How so?”

“They say that changelings used to be celestial beings known as cherubs, bringers of love and matchmakers. One day… the war between alicorns and the beasts of the badlands began, and in the heat of the fighting, a demon captured countless cherubs and used dark magic on them until he ripped out the source of our power over love, creating the changelings. They mimicked the lost loved ones after the war, stole love from the families of those lost, and left only hollow shells afterwards. The reason for a Queen changeling is because the demon managed to capture a special cherub, an Arc Cherub, or a love god. Least that’s what my mother always told me.”

“That’s so sad.” Fluttershy said as she went and hugged Chrysalis, who looked a mix of shock and fear.

“Luna and I lost our parents in that war.” Celestia said.

“Only reason we’re alive is because our father had us live with our aunt long before Sombra took hold of the Crystal Empire.” Luna added.

“Good thing the kids are playing videogames with Button and eating there to, I wouldn’t want them to hear this.” I said. “What kinda person was your mother, Chrysalis?”

Chrysalis looked at me. “She was kind, always. If a person was lost near our hive she’s shelter them, then after they were healed and we took some love in exchange, she'd make them forget about us and drop them off at the nearest village.”

“Is there something about love specifically that is necessary for you to live?”

“Cherubs were gods of love, they thrive when in it’s presence. I think, if the stories are true, then our need for love to survive comes from our now lack of it, our inability to produce it. Why do you ask?”

“It’s not much, but there are two wizards I know of that might be able to do something, even if it’s just figuring out how to make you a consumable ‘love-substitute’.”

“Y… you’d do that for me?” She was in disbelief.

“Yeah, helping people is kinda what I do when I find anyone who needs it… nowadays anyway. There has to be something out there that can help, even if I have to find a cherub, I’ll help.”

Chrysalis looked at her plate. “... I was thrown at you, yet you chose to catch and care about me? Why?” She looked at me.

“I think we can all learn to love and accept you, and when that happens, I want those sad eyes to look as caring as the person who has them.”

“What makes you think I’m caring?”

“Cause with how you talk, you’re still mourning your loss. I don’t know if everyone else can see it, but I can tell you held your hive more closely than just a kingdom.”

“... The hive raised me… My mother died when I was too young to take the throne… I knew every drone my name… every job they did and… I was trying to make it up to them after that whole wedding invasion I put them through… Can you guess how old I am?”

“It would be rude of me.”

Chrysalis chuckled. “I’m just over a hundred and seven, but in regular people years I’d be in my mid-twenties. A queen takes throne at the age of a hundred and fifty.”

“You were still too young to rule?”

“I had no other choice. I was only forty three when my mother died… that would be around nine or eleven in normal years. I was too young and reacted after how Cadence responded to me. One thing let to another, and soon we were planning an invasion and had it about ready by the time Twilight and her friends appeared. I can never make it up to my hive for what I did to them now that they are all gone…”

“Do you know why they fought to keep you safe even after that wedding incident?” Celestia asked.

“Blind loyalty?”

“They cared for you Chrysalis. They all died so you could live. The fact you don't realize that means you do still have much to learn as a ruler… but…”

“But what?”

“As a wife that isn’t necessary information to know. I believe in Zeke when he says we will all come to love and accept you, and after that time has come the only ones you will have to rule over and look after will be the future young ones.”

Chrysalis blushed, and laughed. “I guess so… good thing I spent lots of time with the hatchlings… I guess I may never rebuild my hive, but I can at least try and build a family, right?”

“That’s what a mother does.”

“Enough talk!” Rune said, jumping out of her seat. “I waited over half a year for this marriage.” Rune walked over to me and literally carried me over her shoulder and was walking off. “I’m gonna have sex with our husband, who wants in?”

“Wait for me!” Care yelled as Luna and Rainbow soon followed.

“Wait!” I summoned X and threw him at Twilight. “Hold onto him for me!”

Thanks you! I barely heard X say as Rune carried me all the way into the bedroom where she, Care, Rainbow and Luna disrobed quickly before tearing my clothes off… I am literally sooooo SCREWED!

PreviousChapters Next