• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
A Day In The Life of Diamond Tiara

Get away from me!

Now, now child. This is your last offer. Join me, live, be granted power to crush those who oppose you, or die as cattle among the rest you see here.

I-i-i-i I’m not like you!

Fine then, die as cattle. *sigh* I had hoped your heart was dark enough to agree, but sadly you seem to fear it. Nevertheless, time to move onto the next subject.

What are you do- STAY AWAY FROM HER!

Diamond Tiara!

Silver Spoon!

You two be quiet! *BANG* What can you two hope to accomplish after all? Your world forgot about it’s past, it’s power thrown away, you are all helpless from just one man.


I jumped up in my bed. Damn, that nightmare again. You’d think having princess Luna as a mom would keep nightmares away, but I guess it’s not something I can just bring up, that would be selfish given all the newcomers that need her help more than me anyway.

I got out of bed and got dressed. It’s still early, everyone else is still asleep, but I’m used to being up early. I walked around the house a bit until I found my way to the balcony. Mama Celestia isn’t up yet, so neither is the sun. As usual, I take a seat on one of the chairs, summon No Name, and just look at it.

Dad knew something he isn’t telling me about No Name. What it is I ponder about all the time. “If only you could talk like X does to dad No Name.” I mutter, wondering why such an odd looking Keyblade has no name. I sometimes think about names for it, like TimeKeeper, or Clockwork, since it has that kind of theme to it.

I sigh, looking over No Name again. It looks important, and dad has said it’s ability is rather unique. He didn’t tell me exactly what it is, and once I asked who had No Name before me… he just kept quiet.

What always caught me as odd about No Name was the top, above the clock and near the grip. Above the grip were what looked like bat wings with a small blue eye set in between them, and at the top above the clock was what looked like a black blue eyed goats head or something. “What do you do No Name? Can you show me?” I ask it, standing up and lightly slashing the air. Nothing happened. “Figures.” I sigh, heading back inside when I hear something.

“Aqua!” Someone yelled.

“Huh?” I turned around, seeing nothing there. “Um… anyone there?”

“Gah! NO!” The same voice yelled, but no one was here.

I walk slowly forward… then I find myself looking at some kid an a colorful version of dad’s armor fighting some kid dressed in red and black. I jump back, and I’m on the balcony again. “The fuck?” I realize that this was the area I slashed at… “Um… I’m trusting you here No Name.” I say, walking forward until I’m some distance from the two fighting. “Wow… wait, isn’t that Rumble’s Keyblade?” I say, seeing the boy in the version of dad’s armor holding Lost Memory.

After the fight seemed to end, the two stood across from each other. “You’ve done it Ventus.” The boy in red and black said, his mask looking like it was burning like paper, revealing his black spiky hair and yellow eyes. “Now that my body is about to perish, you and I will have to join together! The X-blade will be forged!” He shouted as darkness pulsated from him, and Unversed grabbed the other guy.

Alright, I’m not gonna sit here and watch this. I threw No Name into a Reflect raid, striking several Unversed and the black haired kid. I ran up to the other guy, Ventus, as the other guy called him, and summoned No Name back and freed him from the Unversed keeping him still. “You alright.”

“Uh, yeah. Who are you?”

“Diamond Tiara.” I look over to the black haired guy. He seemed surprised. “I’m not sure what’s going on, but clearly he’s no good.”

“That’s an understatement.” Ventus said, summoning Lost Memory. “His name is Vanitas... I’ll explain more and then you can explain why you’re here, and with a Keyblade after we beat him.”

Vanitas laughed. “You fools! The X-blade will be forged!” he summoned a rather odd looking Keyblade, but he was clearly losing strength fast. Ventus and I managed to make quick work of Vanitas, he kept summoning Unversed, but they were weaker than the ones that Crow guy invaded Daybreak with. After Ventus and I landed one last hit, he was sent flying until he just laid on the ground. “No… it can’t be…”

“Face it Vanitas, you and Xehanort lost.” Ventus said. Xehanort… I feel like that name… I think dad said it once?

“You… You both… I will see you both in hell!” He screamed as his body was evaporating in a dark mist. Soon, the only proof he was here was his Keyblade on the ground.

“Who was he?” I asked Ventus.

“Technically… me. He was the dark part of my heart Master Xehanort extracted.” Ventus explained.

“Huh… I’m gonna pretend I can understand that. So… Ventus, I thought I heard you call out someone’s name?”

“Aqua!” He yelled, making me jump as he ran off and I followed. When he stopped, he was standing over a woman in blue armor, she also had blue hair. “Aqua… Aqua!” He held her.

Slowly, she began to stir. “Huh… Ven?”

“Aqua!” Ventus hugged the woman, Aqua, tightly.

She hugged back. “Ven! You're okay.”

The two let go of each other. “I am, thanks to her.” He motioned to me. “She jumped in last minute, a second later and Vanitas would have won.”

Aqua looked at me. “Who are you?”

“Diamond Tiara.” I say.

“Well then Diamond Tiara, you have my thanks. Without you, Ven… might not be here.”

“Well I… just kinda popped in.”

“So, where did you get your Keyblade?” Ventus asks.

“Oh, my dad gave it to me.”

“Is he a Keyblade master?”

“Yeah.”

“Wow.”

“Aqua! Ven!” A man on a Keyblade glider said, riding down to us. “You both are alright!”

“Yeah Terra, we’re fine. Wait, what about Xehanort?” Aqua asked Terra.

“Knocked out. Our fight took a lot out of him… Who’s this?”

Here we go again.

We went though who I was and such with Terra, and we all ended up talking. They told me about all that they went through and kept saying I saved Ventus. I just jumped in, not much else, Vanitas was weak at that point already. “So, your father is a Keyblade master?” Terra asked.

“Again, yes.”

“What’s his name?”

“Zeke. He's not my… biological father, but he treats me like a daughter, and I treat him like the father he is to me.”

Terra smiled. “That’s so sweet. What Keyblade does he have?”

“Actually, Vanitas confused me on that part. He said that he was gonna forge the X-blade, but dad already has it.”

“What?” All three of them said. “Wait, how?” Ventus asked.

“His heart is naturaly balanced, so all it took were a few peices of it to forge the X-blade.”

“So… Xehanort’s actions were all for nothing because the X-blade already has a wielder…” Terra burst out laughing. “Everything he’s done to use was for nothing! AHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Not. Quite.” I felt my blood run cold as that voice from behind me spoke. I turned around, and saw the man dad always told me to run from… Core… Terra, Aqua and Ventus all stood up, summoning their Keyblades. “Now, Now, there’s no need for that. I am here to give my thanks.”

“To who?” Ventus asked.

“That little pink filly of course.”

“W-w-w-what for?” I stuttered. I was to afraid to move.

“You messed with time, using No Name, the Keyblade of Time itself.”

“No… Name… controls time?”

“Yes, and paradox free at that, guess how?” I was silent. “Fine then. If the timeline of a reflection is altered, it creates a new reflection. The one that was altered is unchanged, but the events that changed the future play out in a different one. You have created a whole new universe young one.”

“What are you talking about?” Terra asked.

“Sorry if this goes over your head, I’m just here on business.”

“W-w-what business?” I say.

“Xehanort of course. I missed my opportunity to grab him back in the other reflections… but this one is new, and even though it’s largely behind the others, this moment right now still counts as its present among the multiverse.” There was a haze is black and when it faded, Core was carrying an old man over his shoulder. “I’ll be off then, chow.”

“You’re not taking Xehanort! He has to face his punishment!” Terra yelled, charging with Keyblade drawn at Core. Core only waved his hand towards Terra, and sent him flying into the earth tower behind us… then threw it.

“You act like you can stand a chance against me.” With that, Core walked into a DTD, carrying the old man with him.

I...I… I gave Core… a resource… Oh god… I gave Core somthing to use against us!

“Tiara!” That voice!

I looked up, and saw dad and mama Unum running towards me. “Tiara, how did you, what is… what are they doing here?!” Dad said, pointing at Ventus, Aqua, and the limping Terra walking back over here.

I gulped. “Um.. Long story short… No Name can let me time travel and create ned reflections…”

“...What?”


I spent a good half hour explaining things to dad. He didn’t say anything the whole time, I explained, just had me, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus walk with him through a DTL that took us to Daybreak. We all sat or stood in his office as he explained everything to Terra, Aqua and Ven.

They were shocked, but seemed to be thinking about what dad had tol them. I’m guessing it’s all the ‘what if’s’. “So now that that is out of the way… Diamond Tiara.” I gulped. “You messed with past events, and created an alternate reflection where Core has received an asset towards his cause, and you worried your family. If Nana had not seen what you did, we would never have known.”

“I’m sorry dad… I didn-”

He raised his hand for me to stop talking. “I know, and the blame is largely on me. I should have told you all about the events of the past. Now the past for a reflection has become the present, that can't be changed now. All in all Diamond Tiara… I’m proud of you.”

“I- wait, what?!”

“You did one-up me in terms of creating things, plus, Core may have gotten an asset in his cause, but so have we. These three as allies, a whole other reflection to gain allies from, and most importantly, more lost knowledge can now be returned to us now that these three aren’t lost to the worlds like in every other reflection.”

“I… I’m not in trouble.”

“Oh you still are for worrying us, that’s why, as your punishment, you are to lead the scouters in exploring, with these three, in acquiring allies and information useful against Core.”

I… Dad is making me a scouter? “But, what about school?”

‘Well, the council and I are working on some things regarding education, but for now, one of the scouters will also act as your tutor until we come to a conclusion regarding the education issue.”

“Will… I be gone long?”

“Most likely, but rest remember, we now have the modified DTL’s, so you coming home for a rest… this will also be your Mark of Mastery exam.”

I looked at dad shocked… my Mark of Mastery exam?! “B-but wha?”

“I will conduct yours in two parts. This will be your first. Explore the reflection you accidentally created, and gain the support of one-hundred worlds. This will be your task, you alone must gain their trust, any that a scouter gets will not count.”

A… a hundred worlds… by myself… “W-what’s the second half?”

“When you have completed that, you will return to me for that. I will conduct it as I have done the others. You will face your fears, sins, guilt, your darkness, and either overcome it or make peace with it like I did.”

“... A-alright dad. When do I start?”

“Tomorrow. You should spend the day before a big trip with family after all.”

I ran up to dad and hugged him. “I love you daddy.”

“I love you too princess.”

PreviousChapters Next