• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Grandfather Light: Time To Restore X Part 1

So, just kinda meditate with you in my hand?

That’s about right.

I was in the bedroom. Day off and I had X in one hand and the Box with his Grandfather Light in the other. Today I stop putting off whatever awaits me for this, I’m putting X’s grandfather light back into him. I have no idea what will be going on, or if I’ll be out for a long time, but this is necessary.

Ready?

Yeah.

I laid on my back on the bed, relaxing as I cleared my mind, letting X guide me into him.


I woke up, feeling cold. “X?” I ask, seeing I wasn’t in the bedroom, I was in some kinda snowy fields. I tried summoning X, nothing, a different Keyblade, nothing. “Great…” I say, getting up and looking around. Was only lightly snowing and I didn’t see any signs of a fire or anything for, well, anywhere. Nothing. Just light snow and a dark clouded sky. “Why is it snowing inside X?” I question, confused as to why this was a thing. I heard an explosion some distance behind me and made my way towards it. What, it’s something.

I came across a battle, two Keyblade wielders. One with a Keyblade that looked like it was made from snow and ice… and the other wielding X. “You shall not walk away from this Krovec!” The one wielding X yelled, swiping X and send wave of energy towards this… Krovec person.

They blocked it with a protect spell. “You can’t stop me this time Vincent, I have already frozen and ended the life of countless on hundreds of worlds before this one. I have a special trick up my sleeve now.”

Wha? Is this… a memory of X’s? … This isn’t Vanitas… his fifth wielder? “Hey!” I called out, but neither seemed to take notice of me. Right, if this is a memory, what’s going on is basically a… movie, for lack of a better word. Can’t interfere, only watch…

“I’ll see your blood spilled here this day Krovec, even if mine must flow next to it…” The two charged at each other, clashing blades and shaking the ground around them. Despite X being at a stronger point in this, the two are evenly matched…. Til. “Dragon of Balance!” Vincent yelled, a dragon looking like a black and white shot from X’s tip, striking Krovec, but as the dragon tore him apart, he summoned a hail of ice shards, striking Vincent as he started to freeze.

Ice slowly formed from the impact site as the skin turned from pale white to ice blue. Cracks forms as the blood that oozed from the wound froze before it could even drip out of it. The freezing effect traveled through the body as more of the section around the impact cracked open and revealed the set of freezing organs which ruptured squirting out whatever was contained within. It was hard to tell when it froze instantly upon hitting the open air and shattering into several shards. As it made it to his neck he started sputtering out frost only to stop and fall backwards. Whatever spell was used made his body brittle. His head rolled lopsidedly due to the spinal cord that was still attached making it an awkward shape. His eyes had frozen solid and the look of defiance was forcefully etched upon his face frozen in time.

After a bit of that light started to cover his body, and X vanished from his frozen grip. Wow, not fun… So… Unum, Core’s, was sent to the void, Mors became… what he is now, and now this Vincent person was frozen to death… is it a trend that X’s wielders die horribly?

The scene was engulfed in light, now I was in a city of some sort. There were heartless everywhere. I walked around, the memory heartless not even noticing me, given this all already happened. I finally found the next person who wielded X. They held him from the grip of one of the two Kingdom Keys that made up the majority of his look. Odd. They were fighting… Core?

“Core, stop this, what has this world done?!” X’s wielder yelled. So Core fought others besides Mors?

“Nothing, all steps walked on every path lead back into darkness, and beyond that, Void. I will send everything into darkness, then somehow, send it all into Void. You can’t stop me Grathon” He said.

“It’s my job to stop that you know?” X’s wielder raised him up. “After all, without balance there is no existence.”

“That’s what I’m trying to remove.”

The two fought, blades clashing and the city was becoming nothing but rubble. Core was still stronger though, his darkness acting like a shield and spear in some parts of the fight. When it this wielder was getting out of it, he struck X into the ground. “Purge Darkness!” It looked like Reject Darkness, but it sent a wave of light into the ground… into the heart of the world. Light shined, the Heartless vanishing as the light touched them. Core was staggered, but threw his Keyblade at this wielder, making a small cut on them before walking into a DTD.

It started out small… then the screaming got worse and worse. As I looked on the wielder clutching at his stomach as the darkness that once shielded him flowed back into the wound and the skin around the cut mottled. Necrosis had taken effect. Slowly the skin turned to pustules and scars before those wound burst open letting out more darkness. As he opened his mouth to scream again the darkness burst out through his mouth dissolving his teeth as he fell to his knees. What was skin turned into grey ash as the darkness kept devouring him. He was still conscious as the darkness got to his head and burst his eyes from the inside out before devouring his skull leaving the only trace of him the clothes that didn’t get taken by the darkness.

I felt a little sick at this one, and rather thankful Core never used that on me. To my suprise, Core came back out of a DTD. He tried to pick up X, but was burned before getting near him. “Damn, I had hoped that virus would infect you too… old friend… Someday you will be mine, twisted as I have been and the blood of your maker and father will stain your metal, and I’ll be the one to make the finishing blow.” X vanished as Core walked into a DTD.
Core wants the X-blade… to kill Kingdom Hearts with it… damn that makes sense too…

The scene was covered in light again, and this time I was in a dark room, a girl, a few years younger than I am, sitting in a corner, holding X. “Why…” She muttered. “Why choose me?” X didn’t give any sign of a response. “Heh, some grand wielder I was supposed to be… Raga the Fearless they said, she’ll end all darkness they said…. I couldn't even stop one Darkside from killing all those people…” She started to cry. “And here I am hiding… waiting for them to find me… I’ll spare the Heartless the effort.”
It took her moments of debate how well to go about this. She looked around eyeing several implements at her disposal. Shards of glass… a large piece of plaster from the wall… a metal rebar. Then her frown turned to a smile as she looked at X… It took a little maneuvering to set the hilt trapped in the ground but she managed it. “Heart Breaker.” She said, Her smile never left her face as she pushed the blade into her chest tearing out a large gash. Blood flowed freely while her smile never left still.

Even though I knew she couldn’t see me her eyes never left mine… She reached her hand over to the wound gripping the part where the wound was and wrenched her fingers beneath the ribs. She didn’t scream… she laughed the entire time as the cracks of bone and the ripping sound of muscle kept the laughter company. With a little flair she tossed the now destroyed bones aside. I could see everything inside her body still working… it was pumping faster than it should have been as she reached her fingers around the heart. She struggled to pull on it with her blood coated hands but she found her grip. The entire time her laughter was followed by tears as the heart was pulled out vein by vein. Then she stopped and fell over. Her heart was separated from her body and her body convulsed and twitched as whatever was left inside her was released from her freshly made corpse.

I had seen people do this to themselves a few times before, the more fucked up jobs I tagged along with, but they never smiled so genuinely… they were crazy, smiles of madness… this was a smile of joy...
The scene changed again, this time it was a large scale war, Heartless and other things fighting wielders under the night sky… wait, where are the stars, the moon… Mors… I looked around, finding a man with Mors’s mask, wielding X against Core.

“Core, stop this war now, Home can’t take it much more!” Mors yelled.

“That’s my plan you idiot! Break apart the Home, scatter the Family to the darkness above, pick them off with ease.” Core said, readying his Keyblade as Mors did the same.

The two clashed, Darkness and Light blasting everywhere. Mors seemed to be evenly matched with Core, the two blocking each others attacks in almost a rhythm. This fight lasted long, hours had to have passed. Many lives and Heartless fell on both side, and soon only Mors and Core stood alive amongst the corpses.

Mors backed up, lifting up X. “Time to finish you, Judgement!” X shifted into a scythe of light, Mors rushing in, Core managed to dodge the first strike, but had his arm sliced off with the second. It looked almost like a victory for Mors as Core was now a bleeding body on the ground. “It’s ove-”

“Rebellion.” Core said, his Keyblade floating on it’s own and striking Mors in the heart. Core laughed as Mors dropped X, Core somehow managing to get up and grab it, despite it was clearly killing him to hold it, he struck it into the ground. “Yes Mors, time to finish this. Home Wrecker!” A blast of darkness shot from Core, though X, and into the ground. I saw X’s grandfather light almost ooze out of X as Core managed to collect it in it’s box, while Mors began… changing, and the world around him… breaking.

“Let’s see how you fight when Home is no longer where you’ll belong.” Core laughed as he entered a DTD.

It started out slowly as Mors fell to his knees and the darkness attempted to devour him like the other I saw before. Mors wouldn’t stand for it. He forcefully pushed the darkness into him liquefying his skin into an oily ink like coat. His bones were coated in his light and forced their way back into his body to keep shape. The mask which was once just a mask permanently seared itself onto what was now his body as the scythe he wielded came to his hand. He screamed in righteous fury as he allowed the first new expressions to appear on his face. All that was left of him was a mask of the face he once wore. It was not his skull… his raison d’etre. He forced the himself to comply with the world and forever more he was changed.

Mors… Stubborn bastard. I chuckled. No you can still live through wielding X… good to know.

The scene changed again, this time, I was in a town, and it was… a festival? Villagers were dancing, drinking, eating, laughing… It seemed really nice. I walked around a bit, worried about what horror would come next… til I saw her… Unum, Core’s Unum. She was slightly older than my Unum, had blond hair than my Unum’s silver hair. I nearly dropped my jaw at who I saw walk up to her… Core, but… he looked human, not evil, he looked… happy.

“Greeting’s love.” He said, walking up to Unum.

“Greeting’s to you.” She replied. “How’s the outer farms?”

“Clear of the Purebloods, and thankfully no signs of Embodiments.”

“Good, we don’t want to have to cancel another festival for those monsters.”

“Why do we hold these again?”

“Morale, booze, public sex, take your pick love.” Unum said, smiling as she kissed Core. “Just have fun and enjoy life.” Unum said, skipping off while leaving a very lovestruck Core behind… okay, that’s hilarious. I wish I had a camera.

The festival as I was watching it, I wished I could have joined in the cheese eating competition, gotta make this stuff a thing in Daybreak. After sunset was starting, that's when it all went south...

An explosion erupted, half the village gone as a Darkside, ten times the size of the normal ones and those huge shadow creatures from 358/2.
Everyone either broke out Keyblades or ran and hid. The heartless were destructive, while everyone was fighting the large shadows, Unum was practically dancing with the massive Darkside. “What's the matter? Two Left feet?” She mocked it, Swiftly dodging its rather fast strikes. “Swing and a miss.” She said, slicing through its arm. “Can't forget it's brother.” She did some kinda spin jump, slicing off its other arm. “And for the finally.” She floated right in front of the Darkside’s head. “Rebirth!” A white flash came from X, engulfing the Darkside in grey light… Grey light?

When it faded, the Darkside and all Shadows were gone… and children stood where they were…

“There there.” Unum said, patting the child that must have once been the Darkside. “There's no need to worry.” The Kid laughed as he and the others were lead by an elderly lady.

“As amazing as ever Umum.” Core said as he ran up to her. “Still no clue why they come out as kids?”

“A few guesses but nothing solid.” She replied. “Still, It's better than out right slaughtering them.”

“That legend is just that, a legend.”

“All legends have their sources.”

“And some are just-” Everything froze. The flash that came next was like the world itself had taken a photo negative as a child appeared, it was human looking, but it's eyes glowed that Pureblood yellow as it struck it's hand through Unum’s chest, her heart in its hand as something started happening to it.

It started slowly as the heart was dragged into the Realm of Void alongside Unum’s body. The moment her body hit the darkness everything got so much worse. Those wounds grew larger. She was pulled centimeter by centimeter as the flesh was pulled apart like ribbons. The bones turned black like ash but they didn’t break… they melted and bent in ways that shouldn’t have been possible stabbing themselves back into the body multiple times. Her eyes went white then exploded out of her head with enough force to crack her neck clean through as the body started to boil alive. Skin bubbled and flesh turned frosty. Unum didn’t even have the chance to scream as the kid ripped out her tongue to get its claw into position to drag her further into the void… a sick twisted smile on its face. It stared directly at Core and forced what was left of Unum’s face to stare into his. It enjoyed it immensely when Core despaired. The ribbons kept being pulled into the void tearing Unum’s body apart even worse until there was nothing but a large gore sack floating in space… Liver was there, kidneys in the kid’s mouth… So much blood and all throughout it the kid forced Unum’s face to stare into Core’s. He stared into the abyss… only he decided to blink.
When the Photo negative left and the world gained color, any trace of Unum or that kid was gone, save for an imprint of her holding X against the nearby wall. Core fell to his knees on the ground, X laid in front of him. He picked X up. “... I swear, if I can't kill that bastard… I’ll happily join you… and I'll drag whatever stands in my way with me.”

I felt sick. That… That was an embodiment? It was a kid! A child!! What are they… did Darkness really make them? And why do they look like children? Something doesn't add up though… this looks like the first time one leaves the realm of darkness… why just to kill Unum? Something isn't right at all…


I woke up still in the bed. Thank god it hasn't been too long. I was about to move when I noticed there were arms wrapped around me. Huh. Are The girls cud-

I was being cuddled by four women… for women I did not know… Who are naked… Deja vu...


...





“RUNE!!!!”

PreviousChapters Next