• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,969 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,969

PreviousChapters Next
I Got Board So I Left

Upon my arrival I found myself flying somewhere above Canterlot Mountain, or that's my guess. Canterlot was the only city built into the side of a mountain that I knew of in the MLP world anyway. I started thinking on where this other Keyblade wielder would be so I took a quick stop on a tower in Canterlot and almost jumped off it. A woman I quickly realized was the human version of Princess Luna was looking at me through the tower window before I could land.

Luckily she managed to tell me that the person I was looking for was named Huxley and he was dressed in an Organization XIII cloak. She mentioned something about portals of darkness and I realized she was talking about the DTD's used by majority of Kingdom Hearts villains. Apparently he stopped Chrysalis from invading Canterlot a day early at my best guess and she was now a statue in the royal gardens. I figured he wouldn't stay in a city, nor a town like Ponyville so I took a look around the Everfree. I spotted the ruins of the old castle and took a look around.

Huxley had to have been here as there was recent litter and signs of someone using some huge rock for practice. I guessed he was using these ruins as a base so if I wait long enough he'll eventually come back here. I took a seat on an old stone seat and waited... He better get here soon, I've got nothing to keep me entertained until then. Plus the sun was setting.


Hours passed… It was well into the early morning now and I somehow dozed off while waiting last night. When I woke up I was hunched over from sleeping sitting up and my back was killing me. The sun was up and he wasn’t here… “Where the hell is that bastard!? He has to have been here!”

Still in my armor, I kicked the stone wall nearest to me… and somehow made a two foot hole in it. I kept punching stuff for a while til I tired myself out. “I swore he’d be here…” I sighed. “Must have been wrong… If he can open DTD’s then he might not even be on this world right now. Well, guess I’ll head off too. Not like I can’t check back in later.” I pulled out the X-blade and opened another portal to a different world. Not entirely sure how these work, but I kept in mind a world that would hold action… and some food I might find.

Rather than my glider, I jumped into the portal in front of my, where I instantly regretted EVERY LIFE CHOICE EVER! I was tossed around like a sock that had the dryer all it itself, constantly hitting the walls of the portal. I felt dizzy, nauseous, and still hungry.

Eventually, the portal spit me out onto a sidewalk of sorts where I bounced around like a ragdoll until I skidded to a halt on the ground with my armor disbanding. “Uuuuugggggghhhh… So much less fun than on the glider.” I waited a bit before getting up. It was when I was finally on two feet that I noticed the state of where I was… it was decayed.

The buildings all looked like an explosion went off. Doors and windows were boarded up and the road was cracked with litter everywhere. “The hell? Where can I find food here?”

I walked around for a bit before finally finding a building without boards nailed over it. I walked in and spotted a set of rather… odd looking skeletons. They looked human, but the skulls looked kinda… pony like? It wasn't human, that's for sure. Jugging from the size I’d say they were adults.

Not like spending summer with my psycho cousin I’ve seen dead bodies in various stages of decay, but still, what happened on this world?

Creek

I reacted. When the X-blade appeared, I was shocked. It looked broken, like when Ventus fought Vanitas in Birth By Sleep. “Wha?”

Thud.

Not the time now. I’ll worry about it later, should be able to fight with it. I walked slowly towards the noise. It was coming from the hallway. As I crept I started to hear this rubber slither noise the closer I got to the hallway. Then, something hit me across the back.

I staggered. Turning around, shock filled me. I was met by a this bodied silver being with a zipper for lips. What the heck, a Dusk?! “Didn't expect to see one of you guys.”

I slashed forward, the Dusk jumped into the air. I slashed upward and managed to land a hit on its leg, making it disappear in a puff of black and white. To my supersize, two small chests dropped from where the Dusk died. Picking them up, one was a potion and the other an elixir.

“A Dusk here? Didn't think any of those were around anymore.” I walked further down the hall and and into what looked like a bedroom.

“*Gasp!*”

“Who's there!?” I looked around. The closet was empty and the only place to hide was… under the bed. I bent down to look and saw a kid. He was covered in brown fur, light brown/orange hair… and his head looked like one for the ponies from the show, but his body looked human. “You okay kid?”

“Is, is that thing out there?” His voice was kinda high pitched. He can't be older than nine or ten.

“The silver thing?” He nodded. “It's dead.” A wave of relief washed over him. “Get out from there, where's your family?”

I helped him out from under and he seemed hesitant to answer. “Those silver men took my mom away, if they don't take them they kill them.”

“Oh… is there anyone else around?”

“Yeah, they're at our Safe Spot.” I noticed he was looking at my Keyblade. “What is that?”

“This? It's called a Keyblade, this one in particular is very special.”

“Why’s it look broken?”

“Not sure myself. Didn't look like this before I came here. Don't worry though, it still works for killing Nobodies.”

“Nobodies? The silver men?”

“Yeah.”

“How do you know about them?”

“Been around, seen things.” As the kid and I walked outside, I kept the conversation going. “So, are the Nobodies all that's here?”

“I've only ever seen the silver men, er, Nobodies. What's your name?”

“Zeke. You?”

“Button Mash.”

That's why he looked familiar! “So who are these friends of yours?”

“Scootaloo, Dinky Doo, and Rumble. Scoot’s adopted mom Rainbow Dash was taken like mine. Dinky and Rumble’s parents were killed.”

“Sorry… this town is Ponyville? Right?”

“Yeah, you didn't know?”

“Lets just say I didn't arrive on my feet when I got here.” This Equestria must have been more advanced technology wise than that other one. Wait… I went through a portal to another world… and ended up in a parallel version of the one I was in? How did that happen?

The walk through the streets was thankfully uneventful. Turned out the Safe Spot was a fortified store. “Guys, it's Button! I found someone!”

The door opened and as we entered I was greeted by the anthropomorphic Scootaloo, Rumble, Dinky Doo. Like Button, they were all dressed in torn, dirty clothes. “So who's he?” Rumble asked.

“His names Zeke, he has this cool sword that can kill the Nobodies!”

“Wait, seriously?! Show us!” Scootaloo asked. I summoned my X-blade and everyone took a good look at it. “Wow. It looks so cool!”

“It's huge.” Dinky said.

“Wait, did Button call the silver men Nobodies?” Rumble asked.

“He did.” I replied. “It's what they're called. I know cause… my world had someone who fought them and eliminated them.”

“How?”

“He was a talented warrior, and was chosen by his Keyblade. That's the name of my sword. They are weapons made from light, darkness, and whatever is in between.”

“Does that mean you can fight these ones?” Dinky asked.

“... No.”

“What?!” They all shouted.

“You have the ability to help us! And you won't!” Rumble shouted.

“The person who gave me my Keyblade, the X-blade, said I have to keep balance in the worlds I visit. It would be best if I don't fight… but, nah.”

“What? If there's something you can do then do it!”

“I could give you four each a Keyblade.”

“Huh?” Was there reply.

“It would be best if I don't fight if possible, but with some time I can give you each a Keyblade that with some training, we could figure out what's going on with the Nobodies. Plus I’m sure you all want some payback for what's happened to your world.”

“I wanna get my mom back.” Button said. I felt sorry for the kid, he looks so miserable.

“I’m in.” Scootaloo said.

“Hold on, there is a catch.” I said.

“Being?” Button asked.

“If you accept the Keyblades, you become Keyblade wielders. You'd have to train, keep the worlds you visit in balance, this will change your lives forever.”

“Will we still be able to come back here. Ruined or not this is our home.” Dinky asked.

“Of course.”

“How are you gonna give us Keyblades?” Button asked.

“...” I wonder? I disbanded my X-blade and focused on Button. I tried summoning my Keyblade, and as hoped, it wasn't mine that appeared. To my surprise though, it was a strong one. Metal Chocobo. “Button, this is yours.” He took it from me with both hands, but looked surprised when he picked it up.

“It's huge, but lighter than I expected.”

“It's called Metal Chocobo. Special keychains you find can be switched out with the one on it and the shape and power will change as well. Not sure how it works myself, but it works.”

“Me next!” Scootaloo said, practically jumping at me. I focused on her and summoned a Keyblade. Ominous Blight… right, this was a Keyblade in 358/2 days. Scootaloo took it with glee. “So cool!”

“It's called Ominous Blight. A fast hitting weapon for a fast kid. Dinky, you're next.”

She walked up and I repeated the process. The Keyblade that came through, shocked me. Star Seeker. “It's pretty.”

“This… is a special Keyblade. It was used by the student of a powerful wizard.”

“Aw, you gave her a unique one.” Button complained.

“Keyblades choose their masters. All I'm doing is giving you the ones that chose you. Alright Rumble, you're last.”

He walked up and I summoned the Keyblade that chose him. Lost Memory. I handed it to him and he held it just like Ventus does in the game. “Feels natural.”

“Odd you would hold it like that. The one who used that Keyblade last wielded it just like that.”

“You knew him?”

“Not personally… well then, get outside, we’re training now!” With that everyone ran outside, smiles on their faces. Huh, finally gonna put those family combat lessons to work… I’m still hungry.


After a quick snack of canned beans I met the others outside. They were all standing on a row like soldiers, Keyblades in hand.

“Alright kids, first order of business. Who here has any idea on combat?” Rumble, Scootaloo, and Button raised their hands. “Alright, Dinky. I’ll be your opponent.”

“What!? But I don't know anything about fighting!” She said, concerned.

“Exactly why. The others have an idea, you don't. I’ll teach you the basics of sword fighting and blocking and then we’ll let you move on by yourself.”

“Will we be fighting against each other for practice than?” Button asked.

I smiled. “No,” I raised my hand, and felt the rush of power and fear flow through me. Fifteen Shadow Heartless appeared behind me. Everyone screamed. “You three will be fighting them. Relax, they are under my control. Heartless, give these three a challenge. Do not hurt them.” I turned around and the Heartless nodded as they ran towards the three, completely ignoring Dinky. “Shall we miss?”

Dinky looked behind her, seeing her friends fighting the tricky creatures. “Will they be alright?”

“Yeah. Pass your basic training and you'll join them fighting the more unpredictable opponents.”

Author's Note:

In the X Back Cover movie it showed the Master of Masters give that one student a Keyblade like that so I just decided to use that method rather than that oath from Birth By Sleep

PreviousChapters Next