• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Another World

These new legs were really cool, though I could have done without the guns, I guess it’s just memories from my parents that have me hold onto them. Unum wanted some personal time, so I figured we’d head off to a different reflection as per usual. When we exited, it was an Equestria reflection, but where we were was, as it seemed, an island. The sea air was thick, but refreshing all the same it seems.

“The ocean here is so blue.” Unum says, sitting on a rock as we rested next to the beach.

“It is amazing.” I reply. “This island has a port you know, maybe we should ask about where to go next or should we just see where whatever direction we pick takes us?”


“I lake the later.” Unum said as she summoned her glider. “So, north, south, east or west?”

I summoned mine and hopped on. “East sounds nice.” I say, the two of us going full throttle, the ocean under us splitting the surface.

We rode for some time before finally finding a port, the sign above it saying “Minos Port” as we quickly landed behind some boats and disbanded the gliders. There were a lot of anthro griffons, ponies, other such species around here. It was a strange looking place, a mix of something from Pirates of the Caribbean, MLP, and earth.

Unum dragged me into a clothing store, she picked up something rather casual looking, a thin white and green dress that… well, made her… *cough*pop*cough* and I picked up a plain red shirt and some black pants. We payed with bits we keep incase we come across other Equestria reflections and headed off.

“So, where to first?” Unum asked.

“Not sure really.”

“Well, this is a town, not sure if people play pusic in public anymore but they did that often back in my old village.”

“They do that at parks mostly, or clubs.”

“Clubs?”

“Claustrophobic buildings with no windows packed with people that flash bright lights in your face while blasting crazy loud music.”

“Why is that a thing?”

“No idea.”

“Well, maybe the parks here will have something.” Unum said as we headed off towards the nearest park. To my surprise, there was a stage and band playing. To my further surprise, it seemed to be a good song. I could relate to it oddly enough.

Unum dragged me by my arm til we were in the crowed of people that were dancing, I sucked and so did she but hey, we both haven’t danced in a while.

Last time Unum said she danced was a festival her village had before… Core. Last time I danced was when I was two watching Elmo on Sesame Street. We just laughed it off as the band switched to a slow… surprisingly oldish. It was good nonetheless.

“Zeke.” Unum whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Do you ever… did you ever think you’d have me as a wife/...father of your kids?”

I blushed. “Uh, well the later part was a surprise to us both and to be frank I never expected to end up with anyone. I… never gave love much thought, then I get sent into the multiverse and it seems it’s thrown at my face and I just catch it.”

“Too afraid to let it pass?”

“Kinda. I don’t know… It’s like, I never expected to fall in love once, let alone sixteen times.”

“From what you told about Cript that’s something you two can relate on.”

“Maybe. He’s way worse though.”

“Yeah… but it’s kinda kinky when you think.”

“Oh god…”

“Relax, until this heck with Core is done with, I don’t think the others and I will be that open just yet.”

“Now I’m scared.” I say jokingly, now hugging her tight. “Heh, still wonder if God picked me up just to find love and live a life?”

“Honestly I think he did pick up those who didn’t kill, but also special ones along the way.”

“Like?”

“Those that killed and maybe died protecting others?”


“That would be a good pass.” I say as we break the hug. “So, where to next love?”

“Not sure love, maybe an inn~ or we can-”

“You two.” We both looked to our side, a minotaur in guard armor came up to us. “Explain why you look like the same race as the king?”

“-get wrapped up in this…” Unum mutteres. “We’re just traveling sir, my husband and I enjoying the sights.”

“Would you two please come with us? You two are the only others like the king to appear since he did hundreds of years ago.”

Hundreds of years? “Sure, lead the way.” I saw, Unum and I holding hands the way to the port. Once there a few ponies carrying boxes dropped whatever was in them, me being in the radius of the break the mist went right to me. “Wow… the heck was that?”

“Um… Magic hair dye…” One of them said. “Uh… enjoy the new shade of red sir?” With that, he and the otherguy carrying the box of magic dye, aperently, ran off.

I looked at myself in the water. “Great… if this don’t look like I’m a bad guy?”

After a bit I summon X, swinging him around mostly out of boredom. Finally a ship comes up and parks at the doc we’re standing at, where a human guy comes off, looking right at me. I saw him move one of his hands slightly as the guards from his ship came down and… started circling us.

“The first Human to find me and it's a Ventral.” He said “lock him up.” He said to the guards. “The woman in the prisoners sweet.”

“Wait… ah crap…” I said as they started getting closer. I motioned for Unum to stay calm, I’ve broken out family, and myself once, from prison several times and Unum’s raw power can let her bust out of here.

As they were dragging me off X said something.

Zeke, he’s unnatural!

Wait, what? Before I could ask further, X took partial control and stabbed the man, slicing him in half… X… What did you make me do?!

I thought he was a hear-

X’s voice cut out… everything went mute and and dark. When my hearing and sight came back… everything was too loud… Everything was just too bright.

PreviousChapters Next