• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
What True Power X Welds. Zeke Vs. Core

I was so glad to have Rich as an assistant. He is really good at getting the paperwork sorted fast, He knows pretty much what I do when signing and sorting the paperwork, so I had a stamp with my signature on it made and he uses that. This gave me more family time and some personal time as well. I’m on the balcony right now, just relaxing. So much has happened, taking time to myself to think back on it all helps put me at ease, though, Core now has access to void and that’s not good at all…

I sigh out. “Damn it… Everything here is so… peaceful when the other's worlds are either attacked by Unversed or straight up torn apart… then there's this Cript who looks like me… Wonder what that’s about?” I ask myself, closing my eyes. Maybe sooner or later Core will show one of his cards. I think as I suddenly lose the solid beneath me and fall. When my eyes open I’m in… the realm of darkness. “Crap…” I mutter, getting up.

“So glad you could make it.” I turn, seeing Core walk up behind me with his other reflections. “As you know by now my… brother, Hollow, has been so foolish as to almost… hand me a link to void.”

“I know all too well…”

“So, I wanted to test out the new power, and who better an opponent than the man who wields the key to everything in our realm.” Realm? He means the reflections, right? Core’s reflection’s backed up, a barrier of dark fire created a large battle zone around Core and I. “Shall we start?” I sighed, sitting down where I stood. “What are you doing?”

“I’m not fighting.”

“What?”

“Fighting Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed and other such monsters I can deal with… I won’t fight against you Core. I… won’t fight against a human.”

Core chuckled. “You’ve seen what I’ve done, what I can do… why bother calling me human?”

“Cause you lost the one you cared for most, and fell into darkness. You’ve just been in the dark for too long Core.”

“Why bother with the peace talk. THat I, I never understood about you… is it about your Killing Mood?” I kept quiet. “Oh, it is then. You don’t want to fight me out of fear of your Killing Mood. I did some looking into that you know… what I found was interesting. Blood not of your family runs through all the Ventral veins, it activates when blood is spilled. Such power, it’s a waste it’s a one time use. Maybe with the right… subject I can see if it’s power can be extended.”

Blood not my families? That’s what the killing mood is? “What do I have to… I’m the only one in my family yet to activate the killing mood, right?”

“And he’s not an idiot after all. Yes, everyone else in your family has had their killing mood, even that horse Eclipse, though, in a world with magic you’ll find it hits… much harder than it should if Wolf has managed to tell us anything from his experience with it.”

Wolf? Who’s that? “Why are you so hellbent on sending everything to void anyway?”

“Two reasons. Number one, my eyes. You’ve seen them before, but you don’t know what they stand for. In time, I will tell you, but for now, I’ll leave you guessing. Number two, you’re right. I have been in the dark too long, the man I once was is nothing but a twisted shell, filled with darkness and a heart corrupted by primeval darkness. So, I figured, why fight what darkness wants. Payback.”

“Payback?”

“When all that existed was light, there was just that, light. Life lived in it sure, but there was no purpose, it was like a picture, everything still and bland. Then darkness came along, created new things, namely, emotions, time, space, night, everything that makes life worth living darkness made, and light? Light didn’t like the idea of being placed second, so it copied what darkness had made and it so it can do all those things for itself.”

“So darkness is pissed light took it’s job?”

“In a nutshell, but light did something that forever changed darkness. It spoke three little words. ‘We hate you.’ With that, darkness began absorbing all the negativity and anger the life it had helped shape and form into what we are now felt, and over time, purebloods were created… then, the Embodiments, and lastly… me, the first born Emblem Heartless, the first true win for darkness… the first bit of light it stole, and took to make its own again. Amazing how three simple words turned something so grand and amazing that changed the way life existed into something we all fear of today. All because of jealousy, enve, and three little words.”

“I take it the darkness told you this?”

“Yes, it’s whispers are quiet, but when heard you can hear the story of it’s pain, that’s what darkness has become after all this time… pain, loss, anger, the emotions it made for life light had it take into itself, that negativity festering in one thing for so long can twist anything into a monster, hearing this… I think even if I somehow did become human again, I’d still help the darkness take back what light stole from it. Light stole the purpose of darkness, so now, we’ll take it by force.”

“You really won’t just let me go then?”

“Not this time, besides, I need to see how you handle the X-blade. Hold nothing back.”

I sighed, standing up and summoning X. Alright then, X, let’s see what we can actually do.

Core charged in, sideswiping at me with what looked like the keyblade he made from Josh’s heart, I blocked, but the impact force send me skidding across the ground, leaving a trail of lifted dirt from the friction. I threw X into an ice raid, missing on both the throw and return, then went up close, running in fast as my swing met in us crossing blades. I summoned Master Keeper, swinging at at Core, forcing him to back up. I used Master Keeper to shoot out chains of light, Core tried to hack them apart but they wrapped around him as I ran in, Side Swiping him with X, sending him crashing into the barrier around us. The chains were still restraining him, so I can in for another swipe, only to be knocked off toe the shide by a Behemoth Heartless. Christ, he brought backup.

I gut up fast, summoning a wave of keyblades that attack the Behemoth, striking it down fast. Core broke free of the chains and was charging in at me, to which the wave of keyblades turned around and struck at him, each striking him and disbanding after. When the last of the wave hit him I charged X with light, landing a strong slam across Core, sending him flying at the barrier and crashing through it. The barrier fell apart once Core crashed through it, and I disbanded X, walking over to Core. “Why? Why did you hold back so much?” I asked, knowing he held back more this time than he did when he one hit me at the Olympus Coliseum.

Core got up, acting like he didn’t even take any of the impacts. “I had hoped to force you into a Killing Mood by making you angry, that seemed harder done than said. Yes, the issue with a balanced heart in combat is often indifference. You didn’t go all out either, no, you’ll only fight me at full or greater strength if something you cared about was at risk… just like her.”

“Your wife?”

“Yes.” Core sighed. “You knew that in the end I’d let you go anyway. You’re not yet ready for what I have planned, and frankly, your lack of care or concern about what I have planned is interesting. Care to explain?”

“If I go too far… fight with… put effort into it…”

“Right, Josh told me about the curse of the red eyed Ventrals. That voice that belongs not to your light or darkness, the voice of you, telling you what to do what what will happen when the adrenaline of combat pumps though you. Such a link to that fact, yet on you it’s wasted.”

“Fact?”

“One of your allies already knows. Just remember Zeke, there are things out there far, far more darker and crueler than I. If anything… I’m just the first step into a much bigger, scarier world.” Core walked up to me, til he stood next to me. “If you can’t beat me, can’t take hold of that voice and control where to aim it’s whispers at, you’ll find out first hand what happens to those who fall victim to its orders.”

There was a sickening crack and gushing sound as I suddenly was laying on the floor. I looked at my legs… they were gone. “G..ha!” I coughed out. I’m not giving him the satisfaction of hearing me scream.

“You got a pain tolerance, something you needed to carry that many scars.” Core said, holding my legs. “Your body has the same durability of a Keyblade, and yet here I stand, holding your decapitated legs like they were fragile sticks.” He tossed my legs to the side, snapping his fingers as they were turned to ash in seconds by a dark fire. “Even at your best, this would have been unavoidable.” Core said as he started walking off.

I was bleeding bad, coughing blood with every exhale. I managed to lift my head up to look at Core walk away. “C..CORE!” I shouted as he stopped to look back at me. I-i-I’m…” I felt something inside snap. “I’m gonna enjoy killing you.” I said with a smile.

Core just turned back around, shrugging. “Try if you can Zeke, but I’d calm down some, that whisper finally got some volume to it. Don’t let it get too loud, you’ll wind up a… Psychopath.”

As Core walked off a DTD opened up under me and I fell in, laughing all the way through the darkness. “This darkness is too bright!” I laughed. The darkness around me getting ever darker til I saw light and I fell on the floor of… somewhere. I heard a scream, but the blood loss was getting to me as I passed out.

Next time, snap his neck til his head flies off.


Agh… my everything hurts. I mentally moan as I opened my eyes. The lights of the hospital room blinding me. Great, I’m back here… what happened? … Oh… Oh shit! I jump up, throwing off the sheets… my legs… they’re gone… I sighed. “Fuck…” I say, letting my own self hatred take over.

He took John’s hand, and broke his world pretty good before Blue Blood did all that crap… he’s getting more violent. No… he’s moving forward finally, he’s trying to push us by scaring us. Damnit!

“Too bad about the legs.” I turn around, Cript was there, leaned against the wall drinking a bottle of grape juice. “Healing only goes so far without special perks.”

“Cript? What are you doing here?”

“Let’s just say I found out a certain… enemy, from my side of the void might be around in this realm, so I’ve been keeping tabs on you all. Gotta say, that Core brat is really going all out.”

“Why don’t you deal with him?”

“Not my story, technically I don’t exist in any story and my… interactions aren’t supposed to be… ‘seen’ til after the final page is said and done, well, there are some exceptions, but this isn’t one of them.” Cript said as he took another sip of his juice. “So, legless now. That’s gotta suck.”

“I’ll get by I think.” I say, dropping back down on my hospital bed. “If I can’t fight standing up I’ll think of something else to do for fight back.”

“You know I can get you new legs.” Cript said. “It’s a snap.”

“Har har… no.”

“No? Prideful much?”

“Not that… Core was right, there are things greater than him out there… you for example. Even though you’re on our side, I need to get stronger somehow, and though pushing myself… I can’t take handouts just because it’s an easy way out.”

“Fair enough… You know, I think this can be considered your lowest point. Don’t think too much about it, we all got them, me included… there are things that no matter what I do how how long I live I’ll never live down.”

“I can’t imagine.”

“Well, even if you won’t accept help now one of your allies already has, kinda, sorta.”

I raised my eyebrow. “How, and who?”

“You’ll see sooner or later. As for the why of it, it’s for something I give to those who can match, or beat me in combat, or to my kids when they pass a test.”

“The thing being?”

“A Humanity Blade. If there is any good in a person, that blade will latch onto it, encase them in a crystal type thing that expels all their evil, then what comes out is a guilt ridden, 9/10 times suicidal, human being. Heh, all that pain and guilt hits them at once, it’s a draw back, but nothing some… lots of therapy can’t fix.”

“Sounds useful.”

“It is. Make each one myself.”

“Heh… You know, I wonder why we look alike.”

“So do I.” Cript says, finishing his juice. “It’s kinda freaky, but hey, weirder things have happened. Well, if you won't take the offer then at least think about joining the family like your friend did, if not for getting yourself back up and walking, for preparing for the shit that comes after. After all, heroes that fight together live together.”

“That’s not a saying.”

“Im my house, it is. I was a man destined to be a bringer of death, and I became a hero that fights all who wish the end upon the realms, ours and others.”

“Heh, guess that’s a thing we share. I came from a family of criminals and murderers, now I’m an idol to the people.”

“Yeah. Well, think it over, kay? I might visit your other friends to see what they all say, alright?”

“Alright… I’ll… think it over. But, why ask us to join?”

“Often those who carry the best potential are limited by the world or realm they live in. In my family, we surpass all limitations to handle the things that scare the things that go bump in the night.”

I chuckled. “Fair enough. Why do they have to be apart of your family though?”

“Cause of me… to put it plainly, I have the power and ability to surpass so long as I try, that goes down to my kids, born or adopted, cause a curse on me makes all who are adopted into my family genetically mine and one of my wives.”

“Huh, so that’s why?”

“Yeah, it’s my way of saying ‘here’s a game breaking shortcut’, but without it, getting that strong with your own restrictions are… pretty impossible. Well, think it over, alright?”

“I will, it will just… I’ll take my time.”

“Sure.” Cript says as he leaves, vanishing into thin air.

Man that guy is strange, but then again… what’s normal anymore… His offer is good, I can’t lie about that, but I don’t think I’ll say yes anytime soon, not til I can beat Core and send him fleeing with power held back… If I still can’t by Blake and Nix’s first birthday… I’ll take the offer anyway, even though I don't like shortcuts all too much.

PreviousChapters Next