• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Another Surviver. Hope this goes better than last time.

It took a week, but everyone from Gummi Town had moved in and adjusted pretty well. Handing out their Keyblades was the hardest part, by hard I mean it got tiresome fast. When that was done Shining Armor immediately started recruiting for new soldiers. Then came the hard part… forming a new government…

Shining Armor, Cadance, Celestia, Luna, Leon, Cid, and Myself all sat in the former throne room, now renovated to be more like a round table kinda deal. There was room for more, but right now this was it in terms of leaders. We all had jobs now. Shining Armor was now Captain of The Equestrian Guard, meaning all events that happen on Equestria went through him and all the security on the world was his to know about. Leon had a similar job, Captain of Off World Affairs, meaning if people needed safe passage to here, or were former residents and needed to be returned home, he was to handle it. It also meant that anyone who’s world returns from darkness he would provide escort back to their world.

Celestia, Luna, and Cadence were, well, the Princesses. They were in charge of the same things as before, only without the annoying nobles to pester them. They REALLY liked that part. In regards to titles such as “Nobility” there were only three types. Knight, Duke/Duchess, and a Prince/Princess. Titles still pass down to the children, but unless they prove their worth of the title, it would only be good for voting purposes and special documents. Each rank starts at Knight, given to those who prove themselves worthy after serves in the military, good deeds that go beyond the calling of a citizen, and, as stated, inherited from parent but without full perks. Continued service will gain the rank of Duke or Duchess and give the title holder property rights on unclaimed land or unused land.

We figured that could also be extended to worlds that are inhabitable, but lack inhabitants. As such, only a Duke, Duchess, Prince or Princess can have rights to claim land on uninhabited worlds fit for colonization. Not every world in the stars has inhabitants.

Cid was in charge of reconstruction for the world, and with Twilight, advancements in magical and scientific studies. This also extended to the Keyblades, and what their full power could truly hold. Right now they borrowed my armor to see if they can reverse engineer it to distribute to soldiers and scouters.

Speaking of Scouters, that’s where I come in. I was assigned the task of selecting soldiers who I felt could travel to other worlds, investigate the word’s state, and come back and file in a report… that I regrettably am required to read. I only selected four people. I was gonna use this Scouter thing to my advantage and test some theories I came up with involving my X-blade, and the worlds. I needed to test them and this would be my only chance at testing my theories.

Our first meeting as a council had ended and I met with my chosen Scouters. Rika, a young woman with a bite to match her bark, black hair and dressed in a grey hoodie and jeans. Simon, was older than me by about three years, strong, and dressed in some kinda armored trench coat. Sora (No, not THAT Sora) was the youngest of the four, her hair was red and she wore armor given to her by Shining Armor. Lastly was Trevor, he was smart, and skilled in magic, which he quickly adapted to his Keyblade.

“Alright you four, your mission is simple. Find other worlds. Two with inhabitants, and one without. Take notes and when you have completed the task, return home. I will be heading out myself and if I’m not back when you all are, then wait for me. Any questions?”

“What if the inhabitants are all hostile, or Heartless?” Rika asked.

“Then flee. Get out as fast as possible. If you, by any chance, run into any other suspected off worlders on your travels and you think they have a Keyblade as well, do NOT approach. Take note and leave world. Secondly, if you see anyone wearing purple robes and a blank face mask, get your ass back here and report to me if and when you find me, clear?”

“Crystal!” They all said in unison. Great, now I’m a leader figure.

“Alright, Scouters. Move out!” The all left, flying on their gliders one by one into the space between worlds. I tested it myself that you didn’t need keyblade armor to survive the space between worlds. Twilight guessed the Keyblades magic creates a micro breathable atmosphere around the rider. It made sense, but the armor will help later on.

I opened a portal myself and decided to not choose a world, rather, I let the portal take me to a wild card. Flying in, I wondered where an undecided decision would land me. After a five minute ride, the portal dropped me in some kinda… desert? No, no this is… The Keyblade Graveyard. I looked further ahead, and saw all the rusted and battle broken Keyblades. I landed, taking it all in.

“Frightening, isn’t it.” I turned around, Core was right behind me. How did he… The paper…

“Did you try and leave me a note with that box of games? How the hell did you even get that?!”

“A… new partner gave them to me for research. Imagine my surprise when I saw THAT game in there.”

“So now you know, on my world Kingdom Hearts and Keyblades are nothing more than code and fantasy.”

“And aren't you?”

“What?”

“I’ve known. I’ve known for a LONG time! Yet the funny thing is… Here I am, and here you are. Traveling around in worlds that are fictional in your world. Yet, you accept this as reality just as much as you did your world.”

“So what, every world is fiction to another?”

“Close. Worlds like yours… worlds like the one Huxley uses as a base… How many parallel versions of a single world, a SINGLE STAR! How many do you think exist?”

“Countless.”

“Like two mirrors facing each other, with something in between the two. It creates so many, and the further in the reflection in the mirror it goes, the less you can see it. From a reality standpoint, that means the less like the original object it is. Now, here’s the kicker, is the item in between the mirrors the original, or are the reflections in the reflections?”

“None… and all.”

“You catch on quick. Even a slight difference in the reflection of a world is enough to make it original.”

“So why are you letting me learn this? You just proved a theory about the X-blade I was gonna test.”

“Exactly my point. You now know the weight that the X-blade holds, the power Kingdom Hearts has! I lead you here from wherever you were going to tell you, and guess why?”

“You… lead me here, but… how?”

Core stepped back. Once he stopped, five other men, and one woman, all dressed in the same mask, but with different colored outfits. “Cause with all the reflections… there is the reflection of Darkness. Reflections of... people.”

“Th, they’re all you?”

“Bingo.” The female Core spoke. She was dressed in a yellow robe. “You win a prize.”

“It’s more information.” The Core in the brown robes spoke. His voice was deeper than the one I know. “On a scale of things, Light is a speck. Darkness, and all it’s reflections, have the power to grow as Light only glows brighter. It swallows and consumes, growing and stays connected throughout the ages.”

“Darkness is… connected?”

“It’s all the same shadow,” My Core spoke. “Just in a different mirror.”

“So what is all this, a shake down? Threats?”

“An offer actually.”

“Wha?”

“You see the beauty in Darkness. You know it’s full potential! Join us, and your potential for Darkness will only grow.”

“Gonna take the typical good guy choice here, so screw all of you!”

“Shame, you’d fit in well.” All the Core’s disappeared inside portals of darkness that opened from under them, leaving me alone in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Great. Just great! Core has access to the Darkness of EVERY REFLECTION! He has an army, and it’s waiting… Huxley might not be enough, Gummi Town and the others… we aren't enough!

… So now… it comes down to light and darkness again… Well, if core can find help from the reflections, so will I. I quickly made my way back home, running all the way to Twilight in her new Lab. “Twi, where’s my armor?”

“Oh, it’s over in that chest. Cid and I finished understanding the magical properties and are working on a prototype.”

“Thanks Twi.” I tapped the chest with the X-blade and it popped open in it’s usual comical fashion. I put my armor sleeve back on and equipped my armor and headed back out. I opened another portal and this time I wanted to find someone like me, someone with a Keyblade, not Huxley, and can keep up in a fight. The portal opened and I got on my glider and flew into it.

The portal popped me out in what looked like… Canterlot? Damnit am I in Huxley’s world again? I landed in an alley and saw the residents were anthro, like my world. Why are every anthro interpretation of MLP so… busty? If fan art, fanfiction, the girls, and now this world are anything to go off of.

I made my way up a roof ladder and wondered where and who this Keyblade wielder from earth was and is. Tracking failed horribly last time, maybe a different approach is in order. I called upon darkness, and Five Neoshadows appeared, along with an Invisible, and ten or so Soldier Heartless appeared before me. “Just scare them, when a Keyblade wielder comes, lead them to me, understood?” To my surprise they all nodded. That’s new. They all jumped off the roof and began a frightening the people left and right. As ordered they didn’t attack, just scared them.

Again to my surprise they stopped chasing when someone ran into their home. Good, they’re smarter than I expected. Oddly obedient too… do they really not remember when they were a person? Next time I run into Core I’ll try and get some more answers… from any one of him… and the one her… damn parallel dimensions. Some time passed and eventually the Invisible came around being chased by… a kid? Dude’s like four years younger than me! “Hey Kid!” I called from the rooftop, and sure enough he saw me. I spotted his Keyblade… The Gazing Eye. “What’s the rush?”

PreviousChapters Next