• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
A Day In The Life of Nix

Author's Note:

I couldn't think much for this chapter, but the end part is the only real importance I had for making it, so... feels?

Self aware. The meaning is… not easy to describe, yet at only at from what I heard, a month old, I can safely think I am already self aware. I can’t talk yet, so what’s the point in saying it like that.

Mama-dada keeps saying I’m too smart for how old I am, and I guess I am? Hey, I can’t help it that I have the thought process of someone… eleven or twelve years older than me, and I’m not sure why. I tried to see if my siblings were similar, but they all seem… average for our age. I wonder why I’m different? Why do I think on a higher level? Can’t spell yet, that seems to be out of my capabilities, though I can read fairly well, how does that work?

“There you are darling.” Mama Rarity said, lifting me up. “So small yet so smart aren’t you?” She said in baby talk, well, cutesy talk. I nodded. “Heh, I forget you really are, well, just remember darling, humility is the sign of a proper lady.” I just nodded as she carried me around.

Usualy one of the mama’s or mama-dada are with me for a while before switching out. I learned their named fast and from how the older kids called them I figured best to call them that too, right? She carried me into what I guessed was the parents room, why else would there be a bed that big. She placed me on the bed where my brother Blake was laying down, wrapped in mama Unum’s arms. I felt arms wrap around me and Mama Luna was hugging me.

“I wonder when I’ll be gettin me own little ones?” She said, petting my head.

“When Zeke has free time sister.” Mama Celestia said, sitting next to us. “From what I hear he’s getting a helper at the end of the week, more time for us and the children.”

“I hope so, So far I feel like my marehood isn’t ready when I am.”

“So? Just means more one on one time between you two til something happens~”

“Fair point.”

“Where is Zeke anyway?” Mama Fluttershy asked.

“He had to go off world to the Council’s lab.” Mama Unum said. “Something about testing developments?”

“Well whatever they work on there I hope it’s safe.”

“You know Zeke would never work on something harmful.” Mama Twilight said.

“I know that Twilight, but still, I worry.”

Ever Since I was born my life has been kinda like this, honestly I get so bored I just play with the toys I have, acting out scenes I see in dreams. One is my favorite, and most recurring. I’m sitting on something really high up, with these two people… I can never remember how they look like or their names, but I remember one thing, the taste of the ice cream, not sure how I know the name, we always ate. It was salty, then turns sweet after a bit. Remembering who those two are is always fuzzy, almost like they never were there in the first place.


Mamma’s put us all to bed, night was lit up with several small night lights that gave the room a calming glow. I usually stayed up at this point in the night. Mainly, because the shadow man visits. I looked at the corner wall, and as expected, the darkness grew in it as he walked out. He was always dressed in black, his hood covering his face. That outfit always seems familiar, but I can never place it.

He walked over to me, leaning against my crib as usual. “Hey again… Xion.” He always calls me that, I don't mind, feels… familiar, but my name is Nix. “Some… friends of mine are going to get me my body back… I guess you don’t remember much of your own past, let alone ours. I’m just glad you finally exist in the world.” He said, petting my head.

He always comes at night, ever since the day I was born. Surprised my siblings or nana just stand there for that, then again, maybe the clocks that appear over their heads when he visits have something to do with it? “No longer are you their puppet, you are you now….” A small see though piano appeared next to him and he began to sing his lullaby he always sang when he visited.

When the song ended, I felt sleepy. I always do when he sings it, it’s like… a happy memory. “Sleep well Xion, one day, you’ll remember who you were, and who I am. Til then, I’ll let you dream of your better days from before, but don’t let that harsh… nonexistent future-past trouble you, alright?” I was falling asleep when he left, Nana and my siblings stirring as the clocks over their heads vanished when he did.

PreviousChapters Next