• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Spy's and Lies

“Alright, where the hell are the important people to talk to again?” Ben wonder to himself, walking around Daybreak and hoping to find someone to talk to about the spy.

As I looked around and realized he was in a shopping district of sorts, the stores looking rather old, but functioning and by the looks of it, selling well. He looked up and saw the castle and nodded, running for it to tell the council about the spy. Heading there, he was too lost in thought, wondering who this spy is, how far in they infiltrated and so much more.

He only looked up when he ran into someone. “Oh, so-” Ben stopped himself, looking up and freezing in place. Before him, stood Zeke.

“Oh right...forgot to tell you guys I’m not dead…” He muttered.

“No...no no no…” Ben shakes his head. “This can't be….how the hell did Twilight…” He mutters worriedly. “What was the last thing you remember before...waking up?” Ben asks Zeke, not believing this at all.

“The last thing...fighting Core. I took his darkness then, not really sure after that.” He said, scratching the back of his head. “According to my wives I was found in an unexplored reflection, comatose for a year or so there and a month or more when they brought me to Daybreak.”

Ben looked at him. “I'm gonna need to talk to Twilight about something important later. But can you get me an emergency meeting with the Council?” He asks, wanting to deal with one big thing at a time and not wanting to drop this whole thing right now.

“Uh, sure.” Zeke said. “Sorry I didn’t come by earlier to tell the news, been busy. You can imagine how much paperwork I had to catch up on.” He said, the two walking towards the castle.

“I'm pretty sure it was for...another reason.” Ben mutters. “Oh yeah, did Diamond tell you about her dating Joy?” The half dire wolf man asks curiously.

“Yeah, two weeks ago. Can’t say I’m surprised, she always liked puppies.” He joked.

“Heh. Right then.” Ben chuckles. “But...did she say anything about a...special fight her and Joy tried to do together?”

“Uhh...no. Just said she went on a double date with Scootaloo then a walk.”

“Ah.” Ben nodded. “How's X?” He asks curiously.

“I think my heart being out of Balance for so long messed with him, I mean, he works fine, but his voice is...off.”

Zeke saw Ben slightly twitch, like he's trying his damndest not to say something. “Right.” He nodded. “But I mastered my shield and chakrams while you were gone and figured out a bunch of important things.” He says simply. ”Damn it, I can't tell him the truth or his wives and kids...this isn't good. Damn it Twilight.” Ben thinks to himself bitterly.

“Nice, so that’s what? Half down, half to go?”

“Got seven more to master.” Ben nods. “And each one is gonna still be annoying to master.”

“Well, you get what you asked for, right?”

“In spades.” Ben nodded. “But I have a ton of shit to do and less time to do it.”

“Heh, always seems that way. So, stopping by for any particular reason? Cause asking to see the council is a biggy.”

“Sadly, there's a spy in Daybreak.” Ben whispers to Zeke, not wanting his words to be overheard by others.

Zeke nearly stopped, but kept walking with a plain expression. “A spy? Damn it, I knew one would make their way into the system at some point. Anyway to know who the spy is?” Zeke whispered back.

“Sadly I don't know. I mean, there is a special parasite that can control people but I'm worried who it is...then there's the part of where the spy is in the system...there's too many variables to try and figure out who the spy is.” Ben whispers.

“The best place to hide a spy is ironically enough, within a government itself. Heh, I once snuck into an army base to disable the automated security and alarms so my mom and dad could ride in and steal the armory. That was...actually a year before I came to Equestria. Hang on.” He said, patting his pockets, and then began to look worried. “Oh shit.”

“What?” Ben asks worriedly.

“Before I went on that job I spent a month coding a special computer virus. Once activated it begins erasing all system data, then, right before the system is wiped, forces the power to jolt throughout a whole system. Radios, computers, even cars, anything it can reach via a frequency, like radio or wifi will make them create a mini EMP, sorta of a self destruct feature. The flashdrive I had it on is gone.” Zeke said, checking his pockets again. “Damn it, it’s been about a month already and I didn’t notice till now.”

Ben looked at Zeke, his eyes looking sad as he knew full well about what this Zeke was. “Maybe we still have a chance to solve this. It's never too late as long as we can protect the ones we care about.”

“We’d best hurry then, if the spy somehow has the flash drive, the virus in it could bring down the combat arena...man, if we find it, I gotta find it and either hide it better or destroy it.” He said as the two entered the Castle. Once inside Zeke informed the council for a special meeting. Members only, save for Ben.

“What’s with the sudden meeting Zeke?” Mors asked from his seat, which was a large mirror where one of the chairs would normally be.

“Ben here has acquired information that there is a Spy in Daybreak’s government.” Zeke said as the council began murmuring.

“Do we have any clues as to who it could be?” Cid asked.

“The person that told me said they had a Way to Dawn Keyblade.” Ben tells everyone. “Who has that specific keyblade?”

“Within the government.” Leon started, checking a tablet of sorts. “Fifteen. In this room...two.” Leon said as they all looked at Lord Death, and a man Ben hadn't noticed before. He was old, easily seventy, wearing a brown cloak. “Mors, and Kenobi.”

“Obi Wan Kenobi?” Ben asks the old man curiously, wondering if it was the Obi Wan from the movies.

“Leon, go round up the remaining suspects, Obi Wan, I’ll escort you personally to Mors’s world.”

“Well, it will be nice to have guests.” Mors said. “Oh! I’ll set up some snacks!” With that, the mirror flashed, becoming just a simple mirror.

“Come one Ben, you keep a weapon on him, I’m sorry Obi Wan, it’s nothing personal.”

“I understand.” He said, rising from his seat. “Well then, to Death City.”

Zeke summoned X, Ben looking at it, and seeing no physical differences on it as Zeke opened a DTL and Ben summoned a Sharpshooter and kept it on the elder Jedi as they walked in.

“So, when did you join the Council?” Ben asks Obi Wan curiously. “Or have I just not noticed you the last time I was there?”

“Around the time Zeke vanished, which alone makes me a prime suspect.” He admitted.

“Has there been anyone else that joined the government around that time?” Ben asks, trying to sense if there was that weird Nobody Parasite in him.

“Not to my knowledge.” He said, we entering Mors’s chamber. It looked just like the anime, and before Ben, stood Mors….wearing a pink apron setting out a snack table.

“Oh, goodie, arrivals. Pardon me, the rest of the snacks will be here shortly. Most of my visitors are, so this is a treat for me, even under the circumstances.” He admitted, placing down a large tray of skull shaped cupcakes.

“Thank you.” Ben nods. “So Mors, how have you been doing?”

“Well, pretty good. Kid can’t stop talking about his girlfriend, for one I am happy he has love in his life, but on the other his grades are… well, we had to make a grade lesser than F, so we went with L, any worse and we’ll be giving him a Z.”

“Yeesh. He better get to work instead of being with his girlfriend all the time.” Ben says honestly. “But hey, don't be surprised if you suddenly hear Scootaloo is pregnant.” Ben shrugs, knowing how bad him and Joy are with relationships and thinking it could happen to them.

“Best not to, cause that sentence along seems to have set Zeke off.” Mors said, Ben looking back and seeing Zeke with a dark aura, demonic eyes, horns of darkness, and looking more like death that...the Death in the room. “I… Am going to have a talk with Kid…”

“Zeke, calm down.” Ben frowns. “Getting pissed over Scootaloo having a kid with the one she loves is a stupid thing.” He frowns.

“Can’t say he’s not a father if he wants to protect his daughters innocence that badly.” Mors said.

“Protecting his daughters innocence is one thing, getting this pissed over something his daughter gave honest consent to is another.” Ben frowns. “Sure I do care about my kids and would be upset about certain things they do...but I'm not so pissed I basically look like death.”

A DTL opened up again and thirteen other people came in, Leon behind. When he saw Zeke he whacked him on the back of the head. “Knock it off, time to get to work.”

Zeke’s whole appearance reverted back to normal. “Yeah yeah…” He said, looking over the group before him. Two council members, three couriers, and ten from security. “So, all you, save for two, don’t know why you are here. Well, sadly, one of you in this very room...is a spy. For C-Spoiled.” Zeke said, reminding himself that Core is dead now. “All we know is that they are working in the government, and they have a Way to Dawn Keyblade. You all have this Keyblade. So, this can be done the easy way, or the hard way.”

Ben looked at all of them, trying to sense if any of them have a Parasite in them. “And the specific person wouldn't even know it cause they are probably possessed by a Parasite.” The wolf says, knowing he can sense all Nobodies, including these nobody parasites.

“Alright, Ben here will use his connection to Nobodies to see if one is inside any of you, if he senses none, then that means one of you is a willing spy. In that case, Leon will use his Keyblades special ability to reveal the spy. It will force you to speak the truth, by making your heart do the talking. And we all know, hearts don’t lie.” Zeke said, motioning for Ben to move forwards.

Ben took a deep breath and focused, a grey aura surrounding him gently as he tried to sense if there was any Parasites in them. ”Come on, I know I can sense these damned things.” Ben thinks to himself, trying to sense if there was any Parasites in them.

One by one Ben checked everyone in the room...Nothing. Not a single parasite. “Right…” Ben mutters, frowning at not sensing the Parasites. “They're clean. All of them.” He says, but not sure if that's fully true.

Zeke sighed. “Alright then, time for the hard way. Leon, go.” Zeke said as Leon stepped up, summoning his Keyblade and pointing it at the crowd.

“Secrets Awake.” Leon said, shot lock like bolts of light firing from his Keyblade and into the hearts of the suspects. “Alright, now who here has been working with Spoiled. Speak up now.” Silence. “What?”

“Did you do it right?” Zeke asked.

“Of course, no one can resist it, we even tested it on Maleficent, she sang like a bird.” Leon said, confused.

“Then...either the spy somehow is using a different Keyblade, or is someone outside the government.” Zeke said.

“Yet it would still have to be someone in an important place.” Ben frowns. “Anything about the scientists? Blacksmiths? Does anyone in an important station have Way to Dawn?”

“In Daybreak, lots, but anything Spoiled would want to know would be in the government.”

“When she managed to sway someone in my world she had it be a guard lieutenant that helped ship a ton of materials for her...to help make fake keyblades.” Ben explains worriedly. “But...what would she want on your world?”

“Information likely, Daybreak is still sorting through all the secrets the Foretellers helped us uncover when they unlocked the rest of the city. Alright then, everyone, this investigation will continue, under minimal raidar. Mors, you and Leon will be in charge of this, until we can find out who this spy is, keep anything about this spy between the people in this group, if you suspect anyone, inform Mors or Leon. As you all were.” As Zeke said that everyone left, returning to Daybreak via DTL’s.

Zeke himself sighed, sitting criss crossed on the ground. “Figured finding a spy wouldn’t be easy.” He shrugged. “This is not gonna be easy.”

“Finding a spy is never easy.” Ben shakes his head. “But-" Ben stops and puts a hand to his head.

How?

Nothingness connected to Kingdom Hearts?

Who is he?

”Shut up!” Ben mentally shouts, feeling like he's hearing all the Nobody's in existence all at once before sensing a powerful Nobody somewhere. “The hell?” Ben mutters. “Sorry Zeke...I've got something...important to do. Nobody's are going nuts for some reason.” Ben says while opening a DTL to where he felt that massive energy. “Tell Twilight I want to talk to her later, and be careful about the spy.” He says before putting his hood up.

“Talk to her in a bit then, she’ll be working late in her lab.” Zeke said as Ben left.


Ben arrived in a world that was...far. He could tell this was the furthest he’d even traveled, the stars were so...different. He took a look around, and saw he was in a forest. Key word was. All around him scorched trees were all around, in the center of the event, stood a deep scorch mark, shaped in Kingdom Hearts image.

“The fuck happened?” Ben mutters while heading down to the scorch mark, summoning Reunion and Frozen Pride just in case. “Hello?” He calls out, hoping to find someone here.

Ben heard a noise, and turned around, seeing a Sniper Nobody there...bearing a Blue Heart symbol over it’s head. ”Ah, master. Greetings.”

“Uh...hi.” Ben says nervously. “Um...sorry, first time hearing a Nobody call me that. So...think you can help me figure out what the hell happened here?” I ask the special Sniper.

”Something came, came from the afterlife of Heartless, and Nobodies. He summoned me, and I am sorry to say, but while you are my master, I obey him. He has marked me, let me remember, who I was.

“And now someone's stealing my job.” Ben frowns. “Of course...so what did this guy look like? Anything of note like...say I don't know, have the X-blade on him?” Ben asks, feeling like it's him.

”He wields a Starlight, and wears the mask of the father of the Unversed, dressed in ragged, battle torn clothings. I can see why, Purgatory is an unpleasant place.”

Ben looked at the Nobody. “Well can't say he doesn't like making an entrance.” He shrugs. “Zeke! Get your job stealing butt out here!” He calls out. “I'm the one who's supposed to help Nobody's, even though I've been doing a shit job at it because I've been to fucking busy all the goddamn time…” He trailed off.

”He has left master, he needs to find a means to leave this world. Till next time we meet.” The Sniper said, vanishing in an aura of grey and black.

“Oh come on.” Ben frowns before summoning his glider and flying around, thinking Zeke hasn't left the world yet. ”Zeke! You around here?” He mentally calls out to his Nobody friend, hoping he can actually do something like that.

There was no response. Zeke either wasn’t responding, or couldn’t hear him. Ben flew around for a time longer, seeing nothing much other than forrest, and a long open road. Grunting, Ben withdrawal, knowing he had thing to do back on his world, but first, he had to talk with a certain Twilight Sparkle.


She was in her lab, alone. Twilight worked well in a group, and alone. So many projects, so little time. A DTL opened behind her, and she sighed. “I had hoped you’d be fooled by him.” She said, Ben walking up behind her.

“No.” Ben frowns. “Are you fucking kidding me Sparkle?” He growls.

“Pinkie is a better prankster, I don’t joke much.” She said, stirring something, not even looking at Ben.

“So your the fucking spy.” Ben growls. “So you betrayed everyone that you loved and cared for...for a fucking clone!?”

“I betrayed no one, I made him. A clone of Spoiled that attacked Daybreak a while ago provided enough data to build one from scratch. I don’t expect you to understand my reasons, but...when you lose someone...you do things that don’t make sense, not even to you.”

“I lost my parents when I was powerless, and I kept walking.” Ben says. “Holding onto the past only hurts people the more they drag it along. And doing this? Zeke would never want the woman he loves to stoop so low...he knows you're better than this.”

Twilight stopped what she was doing, placing what she was stirring down. “Zeke’s dead. We received word about Drezke. And how he crushed his other half in his own hand… Without his light half, Drezke will grow more and more wild, nothing to balance him out, and then, will have to be dealt with… Even if Zeke would come back as a Nobody...he’d have no heart, he won’t be him… I watched friends, family, that sicko from the Keyblade war kill them all. I remember the panic from when Nobody's first invaded, how everypony came to me and my friends for help, and nothing we did work. Shining, Spike, and Cadence may be alright, but our parents never came back… When you and Zeke brought what you could back from the dead, only forty percent of Equestria’s total population returned. I don’t blame you, Nobodies… I blame myself.

“When Zeke saved us, he eventually told us about his life from before, and rather than just keep training, working to get stronger...we settled for being housewives. Because we knew Zeke was always stronger, we thought he wouldn’t need the help. Then, the Foretellers come along, and tell us he died. Then, we hear about Drezke, well, I did...only Celestia and Unum know about Drezke and what Zeke is. The others, including the kids, and council, are in the dark.”

“Few things.” Ben starts. “One, why the Foretellers told you all he died was because Drezke, before he went off to do his own thing, told them to tell you all he died because of...important reasons.” Ben says. “Two, I’m sure you met my wives and how they are still training because they know I can't do everything...and how low I can go sometimes.” He sighs out. “And three...ironically enough, Zeke actually came back from the dead as a Nobody, and you just helped solve his problem of not having a heart.” He explains simply. “But if I may ask...why are you a spy for Spoiled though?”

Twilight sighed. “I can’t tell you that, and you can’t tell a word of this, to anyone.”

“Cloning Zeke or working for the person that wants to take everything you hold dear away from you?” Ben asks simply. “I know what it feels like to lose the ones you love and feel hopeless...believe me I do...but doing this? It's like you thought Zeke wouldn't come back for his family even if it seemed impossible.”

“It’s not just that Ben…” Twilight said, her hair suddenly turning brown as she turned back to look at him, her eyes now a shade of green.

“She’s got a room mate in here.” The voice that came from Twilight was...high pitched, trying to be a male voice but failing.

“Who the fuck are you?” Ben asks worriedly, wondering how he can help Twilight here.

“Back before the war I was called Bara.” He/she said, summoning Way to the Dawn. “I must admit, using my Keyblade to become a Nobody was rather efficient, but I did miss it, of course, making an army of my own from this world’s inhabitants did go well til that red eyed bastard came along.”

“So your a Nobody inhabiting Twilights body?” Ben asks curiously, bringing out Frozen Pride.

“I removed my heart gain control over them, sadly though, I should have hidden my heart better. They found it and for months I was just floating in a jar...till one accident made it fall and break, and Sparkle butt here was the closest meat suit. Being female is rather odd, but, I’m kinda liking it.”

“So you took out your heart...to do something you could have done with a heart…” Ben says. “What?”

“To control the Nobodies, one must be without a heart, save for you, it’s fact...which intrigues me~” Bara said, walking up to Ben. “I wonder what makes someone with a heart control the Nobodies. Hmm...What makes you tic.” Bara licked Ben’s nose, making him jump back.

“Okay that's enough.” Ben frowns summoning Reunion.

“Na, uh dog man, this is our secret. Even if you tell, who’d believe you? And if you were to rip me out, I’m latched onto this mare’s heart like an anchor, I go, she goes, Zeke, or rather, 109, goes savage, and Daybreak will hunt you down.”

“Hold on.” He says while using his Assistant real quick. “This will only take a moment.” Ben says to the weirdo, looking up to see how he can take out Bara’s heart without hurting Twilight.

Showing Results for “Removing a Heart from Within a Heart”

Answer: The Heart inside of the Host heart must leave of its own volition.

“Oh go fuck yourself…” Ben mutters. “Hmm…” He hums. “Here, you want to know how I do things correct?” He asks Bara simply. “Well your gonna have to get your own body. Cause if your doing this in Twilights body your not really learning anything, your just making Twilight learn something you understand?”

“I dunno~ Are you gonna risk harming her?” Bara asked, rubbing...the belly. “I made 109 fertile for a reason, and added in some...extra need to protect those that are his, any harm to them he’ll attack whoever is responsible. All I have to do is scream, and he’ll be here, and your head will roll.”

“I don't need to hurt her. All you need to do is leave her heart voluntarily and I'll teach you some things.” Ben tells Bara simply.

“Like what?” Bara askes, taking a seat on the table behind...her.

“Like how to control Nobodies with a Heart for instance.” Ben says. “Just a simple thing, leave her heart voluntarily, and I'll teach you.”

“Hmm...Tempting, but, I’ll pass. You see, I’ve got it good here, and with Spoiled’s help.” Bara snapped her fingers, several Dusk’s, and three cloaked Nobodies appeared. “I can controle FAR more than I ever imagined. I’m working on my experiments, I have an army, I am in the safest place in this whole reflection, and I finally found a man to rutt me right...well, made one, but still~” Bara said, licking her fingers.

Ben took a deep breath, Bara noticing the Nobodies sway ever so slightly. “You really think...you understand anything?” The man asks, his voice calm even if he was trying to figure out how to save Twilight. ”God do I wish Zeke was here to help…” Ben thinks to himself worriedly.

“Oh, I know what I understand is little to nothing. Even before the Keyblade war, I joined the Anguis union because like everyone else there, I wanted to learn all I could. Research has always been my life, and when the war broke out, I finally had the chance to perform my experiments. Oh the spells I had only theorized and wrote on paper, finally I could cast them, and the hundreds, thousands I slaughtered. To see my research work, it was glorious, so after I emerged from the bloodshed I went about to research as much as I could. For countless years, I researched, studied, knowledge is my life, my goal, an endless journey. It’s why this host took so well to me. When I entered, I had no resistance, I was wrong about that pink cry baby Tiara, this vessel, the person I live off of like a parasite, she and I are more alike than I could ever imagine.”

”Zeke your wife is being controlled by the bastard that ripped this Equestria apart.” Ben mentally calls out to Zeke’s Nobody self. ”Even if you can't hear me...lets just hope I can do something to save her.” He mentally sighs out. “What's the point?” Ben asks Bara. “What is the point of all the knowledge you gained if your just going to get killed either way?” Ben asks. “You know full well your going to die if Spoiled gets her way, so why help her?”

“Because, why not? She may be trying to end everything, but you and I both know it will backfire horribly. Till then, I get knowledge from every world, from countless reflections. I win, she dies, and I can pick through all the leftovers of her fallen empire.”

“Zeke will try and get you out of Twilight you know that right?” Ben asks curiously. “He knows there's a spy with your keyblade, and there is a way to force you to come out. And believe me...I'm pretty sure he'd believe me when we're both put under a truth spell.” Ben says, not bringing up how he can put this entire encounter in Memory Stealer and replay it for all.

“And that’s where you are wrong. You see this?” She asked, holding a Castle Oblivion card with Zeke’s image on it. “This card is all of what 109 is, you tell him, I break it, and he will resort to what he is crafted from, darkness, several Nobodies, and, oh yes, a minimal link to Kingdom Hearts, enough of a link to turn him into something even I shiver to think about. And then there’s this.” She pulled out another card, this one having the Crystal Heart on it. “Everyone in Daybreak, even Mors, the Heart is reaching, I break this, the heart breaks, and Spoiled will flood this world in, well, let’s just say that older, insane you will make an appearance.”

Ben looked at this for a moment, before he rubbed his temple. “Fine.” Ben says, before snapping his fingers and the Nobodies, even the cloaked ones, seemed to go stock still at the snap. “The Nobodies won't hurt the people and you won't hurt the people if no one knows correct?” He asks, hating not being able to do anything.

“Yes, I’d rather keep this act going. It’s fun to be honest.”

“Just...don't be surprised if everything you worked for gets destroyed and you lose everything in the process.” Ben says. “But...what I wanted to ask, why clone Zeke? I'm just curious is all.”

“To shut up his wives. ‘Zeke, Zeke, waahh.’ Day and night, especially at night...for two reasons…It just got old so I made them the best sex toy ever.”

“Your someone that doesn't understand love and would never understand the real pain they feel Bara…” Ben sighs out. “Christ...today has been a massive headache…” I mutter. “Has Twilight heard this entire conversation?”

“Yeah... I did.” Twilights voice returned as her hair and eyes returned to normal. “I’m...sorry Ben...Bara’s heart is strong...and he’s smart...smarter than I am…” Twilight said, looking as miserable as one can get.

“I'm sorry...but remember, he’s only one person, you have your family.” Ben tells her simply. “He can't beat all of you, even if he has some bullshit redundancy, but I know you have a stronger heart than him.” He explains. “Just remember who your fighting for.”

“If Zeke taught me anything Ben...sometimes...one person can be stronger than everybody...and if Zeke...is back, even as a Nobody...Tell him...I miss him.” Twilight said, getting off the table and leaving the lab, Ben, gritting his teeth as he headed home.

PreviousChapters Next