• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Explaining...

I sat in front of the girls and told them what had happened. It was silent right now… I think they were processing it all.

“So.” Celestia said, breaking the silence. “You became a human Keyblade, causes unintentional havik on a parallel Equestria, and now can talk to Keyblades… That’s… that’s just… I don’t really know what to say.”

The guy is sorry, and it was my fault.” X said, I covered my mouth. That still surprises me.

“Yeah, I made a mistake and now this was the price for it.” I said.

“I think it’s a good thing.” Twilight said. “Think of all the information we can learn about Keyblades, from them! So much found out so fast.”

An interview huh? I wouldn’t mind.

“That’s so weird, it’s like those people with split personality.” Rainbow blurted, earning a glare from everyone. “What? It is.”

Look girls, I know this is your guy's body, and I respect that. If you want some “alone time” just hand me off to one of the kids and get me back after words.

I blushed. “You pervert!”

Hey, you’re one to talk. I’ve seen those dream of yours pal.

“Oh, what about?” Rune asked.

They involve a lot of-” I covered my mouth. X retaliated by biting my own hand. “Holy fuck that hurts!

“You’ve never had a body before, pain comes with it!”

“So X,” Fluttershy spoke. “What’s it like being a Keyblade? Do you prefer a body over your normal one?”

Having a human body feels kinda weird. Zeke only lets me talk through him right now, so I won’t be able to control him at all until he trusts me more.

“Why would I let you control me?!” I yelled.

Simple, we can switch out in battle. Surprise the enemy!

“Tell ya what, if I really need it, I’ll consider it.”

“Does that rule apply to sex?” Luna asked.

I fell off my chair. “I expected that question from Rune.

“Same… we don’t even have sex Luna.”

“But when we do…”

“No.”

No.

“Aw. Rune got me into a new fetish I want to try.”

“Rune… what are you talking to the girls about while I’m not here?”

“Let's see.” She pondered for a moment. “Mostly fetishes and sex scheduling when it does happen.”

Girl, you’re crazy. Why Old Magic chose you I’ll never understand.

“Maybe he’s a kinky old man.”

“How have you never gotten pregnant?” Celestia asked.

“Lots of birth control. It’s all out the window for me now that I’m engaged.”

“Cause of Zeke’s pregnancy fetish?” Hearts Care asked.

“Kill me.” I muttered.

“Exactly why! Plus I always wanted to marry before having kids.”

“Well, that aside,” Celestia spoke. “I guess we aren't mad about this happening to you Zeke. More… worried. If what X said is true, then this has never happened before. Who knows what you might be capable of now.”

“Got any idea X?” I asked.

Not a guess. Other than storing and purifying mad Keyblades I guess we’ll have to find out the hard way.

As I was getting myself up, someone knocked on the door. “Who is it?”

“It’s Leon, the Crystal Heart received an SOS from Scooter Simon.”

“Enter.”

Leon walked in. He now wore his usual clothes, but with patches of Crystal Empire guard armor sewn into them. “It’s an SOS code nine.”

“Code nine… that’s a falling world. Leon, you’re coming with me on this, where was Simon?”

“Traverse Town.”

Traverse Town… falling. “Let’s go.”

“Hurry back Zeke.” Twilight said.

“I’ll try.”


As standard SOS code nine protocol, we were bringing a Gummi ship able to hold fifty people, head back to the Crystal Empire, and return for more pickups. We arrived in third district where I saw Simon and two girls waiting. “Council member Zeke.” He saluted.

“... At ease?” That’s never gonna feel right. “How bad is it?”

“First off, where the hell were you leon!” The girl next to Simon shouted at Leon. “The town’s abandoned right now!”

“How, there was over three hundred people here. I even gave you my gun-sword to help you better protect the town before I left.” Leon said.

“Uh, sir?” Simon said, pulling me away from Leon’s talk with that woman. “There was a hooded Keybearer here when I arrived. He held me hostage and made me tell him about Daybreak Empire.”

Why did they all nickname the Cryatal Empire to Daybreak Empire?

Because the original name was Daybreak Town, and now it goes by Crystal Empire. They just mixed the names together. X explained to me mentally.

I guess it does sound cooler. “Was this man dressed in a black cloak, unable to see his face, and kind of an ass?”

“Yes, he kicked me in the face, then used a Stop spell on me.”

… Damn it Huxley… “Was that all?”

“He said something about if Traverse town fell, not Lingering will or Sephiroth would be able to protect you? I don’t get it but I’m passing it on as he asked.”

That Huxley guy is way too high strung. He needs a life, or at least a couple grand to blow at strip clubs.

You… some ancient and wise weapon you are! What kinda wise being says strip clubs?!

I am allowed my own personality.

Whatever. “The man that attacked you is an… acquaintance of mine… He was likely acting on instinct… and temper. Though next time we meet we will have words.”

“Oh, OH! Merlin, the town wizard, he told us the people actually evacuated to the sewers. Some guy in a purple robe is apparently causing havik.”

CORE’S HERE! “Leon! You take Simon and the two girls back to the Empire. That’s an order.”

Leon looked surprised, but nodded as he helped the two women board the gummi ship. Once they were skybound I turned around, and as expected, Core was there. “So, what did Kingdom Hearts do to you?” He asked.

“You were there?”

“I helped that kid and horse women find you.”

“Why?”

“Self interest. You carry a darkness in your heart, strong enough to summon heartless. Even though it was a gift from the master, any lesser man would have given in by now. Your heart interests me.”

“Well good luck getting it.”

“Even if I did, I can’t do what needs to be done.” Core summoned his Keyblade. “My Keyblade is forged from a corrupted heart, my heart, it can’t do what other Keyblades can do.”

“What makes me so important to you?”

“Like I said. It’s you heart. Very few hearts are born at balance with their own darkness. Your darkness and light are both strong, yet they stay at balance. In a family like the one you grew up in, how did it not consume you?”

“Don’t know, don’t care. I was wondering, why do the Heartless I summon and control act so obedient? Intelligent even.”

“The heartless feed on the darkness in one’s heart. Your heart is at balance. They take in some light over time. My guess, some parts of their memories might come out.”

“That makes sen- wait, your Keyblade is made from your heart?”

“Yeah, why?”

“That would make the body I’m talking to your Nobody.”

Core was silent for a while. Eventually, his disbanded his Keyblade, and clapped. “So you finally found me out. I was born in the realm of Darkness, my heart was corrupted, but not yet a heartless. I managed to forge it into this Keyblade. You know what it does?”

“Nothing good I’d guess.”

“It infects the heart of a world, letting the Darkness swallow it. All I have to do is find the keyhole, and the world goes out.”

“Is that why you’re here? I won’t let that happen!”

“This place? You’re kidding. This wayward house of a world has little interest to me. I’m just here to give you a preview of who exactly is currently on my side.”

“It’s been awhile, nephew.”

That voice! I turned around, and saw the devil himself. His black jumpsuit, adorned with clips of .50 caliber handgun bullets, twin desert eagle on his sides, and his signature scare that crosses over his blind eye. “Uncle josh?!”

“In the flesh. Not long after earth wnet under, things started getting harry for me. Government finally stepped up, was nearly killed if that crazy mofo didn’t pick me up.”

“W, what do you want?”

As he was raising his hand to one of his guns, I slammed the button that equipped my armor. “Nice trick, but I carry AP bullets too nephew.” He pulled out his pistols and loaded a clip into each. “Sorry, but your expiration date has come up.” He pointed his guns at me. “Now it’s time to dispose of you.”

He fired first, and I managed to dodge his gunfire. Every time I went in for a hit his pistols somehow were able to block my attack. “What, so special powers?” I asked as I summoned a few Shadows to jump him.

“What the?” Several Shadow Heartless jumped him and as he was trying to shake them off I managed to land a blow, knocking him to the wall. He was smiling. “So you finally grew a pair? Well if it’s a sword fight you want,” He put his pistols away, and in a flash of darkness, something akin to a gun sword and Keyblade mixed together, appeared in his hand. “This baby cost me my heart, but we both know that thing was useless to me.” He charged at me, and our Keyblades crossed in an attack. A shockwave of light and dark pulsed out from the impact, cracking the brick under us.

“Core made that?” I asked as we both jumped away from each other.

“Who else? He let me design it, and he said my heart was black enough to make it even bigger.” He went in for another strike, this time I dodged and tried to side swipe him, only to his as he jumped out of range. “But bigger isn’t my style.”

“That thing is an abomination!”

“To his her own. Speaking of her, I hear you landed yourself seven sweet asses.”

“How did-?”

“Core might not be able to see what goes on in that world of yours anymore, but he saw how it happened before that crystal whatever was activated.”

“So he can’t set foot on Equestria, good to know.”

“Damn, maybe I should keep my mouth shut.” He ran in for another attack, I blocke-

Bang.

I looked down and saw him holding one of the pistols in his other hand. I saw blood come out the hole in my stomach area of my armor. “Remember, don’t just keep your eye on your opponent, keep them on his hands, and surroundings.” I collapsed to the floor as he put his gun away. “He was right to add some darkness to my bullets. It did the trick for that armor of yours.”

“H, help.” I was struggling to get up.

“Pathetic. Just accept your death already so the faceless guy can get your heart.”

Maybe you should be better informed.

“What’s with you- GAH!” I looked up. A keyblade was sticking out of Josh’s back, right though his chest. “He, heh, ha, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So you proved me wrong after all.” The Keyblade that stabbed Josh disbanded, and as he fell a dark portal opened under him.

SOS code one. I heard X speak mentally and his Keyblade body flashed once. You WILL make it Zeke.

“Heh, heh. Funny. I knew I’d never beat him alone… I forgot you were with me X.”

That Josh isn’t done with yet.

“Still… I won… We won… X I feel… stiff.”

It’s all in your head Zeke, just say awake!

“I just feel… sad. I never got to… I never got to properly propose to them.”

You ARE WALKING AWAY FROM THIS!

“What is it that Keyblades fear about death?”

Wha?

“You, you, I need to… stay awake.”

Well, uh. The reason Keyblades fear death is because we don’t really die. Our bodies rust and we slowly go insane. Stuck in a rotting body that won’t die no matter how many centuries pass.

“S, so we wielders, we wielders… we keep you from rotting?”

Yes. Our wielders keep us alive. I saw a red gummi ship in the sky in the corner of my eye. O thank GOD! Zeke, help’s here.

“Next time, next time I see god… I’m, I’m gonna punch his bearded face for not atleast letting me have Cure as a spell.” I fell into darkness after that, the last thing I heard was some… people? Yeah, people, there were lots, calling my name.

PreviousChapters Next