• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Bolitaria: Part Four

??? Report 8

In my findings it seems darkness and light are in fact hand in hand, one completely nonexistent without the other. Each time I extinguished a Light or dark half of a heart, the other part would extinguish at the same time. This is interesting as most beings of darkness with to completely destroy the light, and vise versa. If this is fact, then why try and achieve this goal? Why does it seem so sewn into their nature yet it leads to their own destruction?

I have also learned that, in rare cases with very powerful hearts, the light or darkness can grow back from the half left behind if by some means, it does survive. My first experience with this I thought it was possible for light and darkness to exist separately. Sadly, I was proven wrong. It seems that if given time, the missing half can regrow from the surviving half, but only if the heart is very strong.

This is an amazing discovery. The more I learn the more I can utilize further down the road. It takes time however. It depends on many factors, but the longest my experiments has taken has been about a year to begin regrowing, or at least showing. They can begin regrowing and not show for long periods of time.

Further research will be needed to see effects on how they regrow when each half has their own unique body. If Nobodies are their true bodies...how does this happen when one’s heart is split and a Nobody is thrown into the ring? Further study needed.

P.S. - Running low on test subjects. Must capture more, perhaps a visit to Traverse Town?


Trixie woke up more sore than she knew possible. Pain greeted her waking mind, but she took it with a grain of salt. At least the pain ment she was alive. “Agh.” She grunted, trying to move.

“Easy, easy now.” Patches said, gently placing a hand on her to keep her from moving too much. “Was wondering when you’d wake up. Question is, who?”

“Still me, Trixie.” Trixie said with a small smile. “Did… Thomas?”

“Nope. All me.” Patches gloated, a prideful smile on his face.

“R-Really?”

“Yeah. After it smacked you aside before you could heal up, I managed to distract it enough to make sure you were alright. Thankfully you were and I just… I’m not sure. I was just so angry at that thing, but I wasn’t angry at it for knocking you out. I was angry at it for making me feel like I couldn’t help or save anyone. When I saw it toss you aside, I felt helpless… Then, fire started to burn all over me, but it didn’t hurt.”

“Did your swings also include burst of fire?”

“Yes, how did you know?”

“Zeke told me about those. He called them Command Styles. They can activate based on unique attacks a Keyblade wielder can use, but also can activate at random, or when your Keyblade things you need an edge, or so Zeke thinks. He told me Firestorm is triggered when using primarily fire spells. Or fire related physical attacks.”

“So it just… appears?”

“Pretty much. He said Command Styles also if not used in fighting for a while will deactivate automatically. The magic that activating them vanishing after extended non use or something like that.”

“Wow. Keyblades are bizarre.”

“Heh, yeah. So, you wanna wait up for Thomas?”

“That would be wise. Here.” Patches said, handing Trixie the same black herb he took. “This will make ya right as rain.”

“Thanks.”

It was a few more minutes of more or less silence before Thomas came back, happy the two were alright and with everyone now taking some Dark Moon Grass the trio headed off. The next room was big, and rather empty, save for the large pool of lava below. “What is this place?” Trixie asked.

“A cage.” Thomas said. “Stories go that a powerful demon was sealed here, called the Dragon God. It was extremely powerful, and Zeke killed it.”

“He killed the other ones tok so be on the loom out for the book wielding Unversed. I’d rather not fight a god of dragons.” Patches replied.

The trio continued to the bottom, where, once arrived, the X-blade began to glow. Looking up, an outline of a Keyhole appeared above them. “What is that?!” Thomas asked.

“A keyhole. Zeke told me that every world has one. The light from it, is the heart of your world.” Trixie explained, pointing the X-blade to it. A beam of light shooting from its tip into the keyhole. An auditable lock sound came from it before it began to glow with a blinding light.

Quickly, Thomas, Patches and Trixie all covered their eyes. When the light faded, and they opened their eyes, all the lava was cooled. Hardened to rock. “What… happened?” Patches asked.

“Let's see.” Trixie said with a smile. She had a good feeling about what was to come next.


I woke up an hour after that and took control. It was...weird. What I saw Trixie do was like a dream… but it happened. Pride can't describe how I felt about Trixie, Patches and Thomas’s bravery.

What Trixie had done, sealing the Keyhole, cured the world. The soul starved revived to human, and the lost souls where returned. The Maiden said, with time, all lost can be returned through her power.

The Unversed didn't show up anymore, save for a few eyewitness account in the Valley of Defilement. With the first new Keyblade forge in eons up and running, I oversaw the new kingdom of Bolitarea’s government, knights, and court member choosing.

Old king Doran agreed to seating atop the throne again, leading the kingdom he founded so long ago yet again. I trained Patches and Thomas for a week, crash coursing them in all I knew of Keyblades and made contact with Mors, who would send tombs for this new land of Keyblade wielders. He also put in the paperwork for Bolitaria to be part of Daybreak unity, and having the first new Keyblade forge in untold years was quite the bargaining chip. In trade for new Keyblades, and therefore a further understanding of how they work and are able to come into creation, all of Daybreak assets are at Bolitaria’s disposal. The kingdoms might as well as the strength of Daybreak will forever be bound.

This kingdom of Keyblades like others before it though needs Keyblade masters to train it's future, and as such, it's time for me to have my first students ever, take the mark of mastery.


“So, what is this exame then?” Patches asked, he an Thomas stood before me just outside the Valley of Defilement.

“As you both know there have been sightings of unversed in the Valley of Defilement. This land is in no way suited for habitation. Fact is I expect this place to be burned to ash within a month or so, but before then, I want you two to hunt down and slay all the unversed you come across. There was also a report about a Black Phantom being spotted here, so be on your toes. All we know about this incident was that this phantom was seen wielding a rather massive sword and a large shield.”

“We’ll take care of them, Zeke.” Thomas said, Patches nodding in agreement.

“Yeah. From what we were told it just sounds like Floods and Scrappers. Easy peasy.” Patches said.

“It’s not the Unversed that concerns me. It’s the Phantom. However, seeing as Patches here took out the Flamelurker when Trixie was in control and I was unconscious, I expect you to catch up Thomas.” Thomas nodded. “Good, head on out. I’ll be waiting here for you both to return.”


They came back six hours later. Both reasonably tired and with a few new scratches. The Unversed where all rather simply dealt with, but it was the red phantom that was the hard part. They said it was female, wielding a large cleaver like sword and moved fast. Two against one though made it a fair fight, and now came the hard part. “Who dealt the finishing blow?” I asked.

“Well, we don’t know.” Thomas spoke. “We struck her at the same time when it finally fell.”

Hm, a tie? A bit worrying. How to… “Give the honor to Thomas, Zeke.” Patches spoke up, catching both me and Thomas off guard. “I have a lot of sins to atone for, so if anyone deserves to become a Keyblade master it’s Thomas, his sins of the past are not his own. Fear is a human emotion, simple as that.”

“Hmmm…” I hummed, thinking it over. “Very well Patches, as of this moment, Thomas is now a Keyblade master, and alongside those from Daybreak, will train the future of this once dead land. As for you patches, after everything, do you really believe your sins have not been atones for? You saved my, and Trixie’s life when we dealt with the Unversed Flamelurker.”

“It’s a start, bt one good act can’t justify so much blood.”

“Hm. Very well. Until your sins have been atoned, you will accompany me as I traverse the worlds yet to be explored.”

Patches looked at me, confused. “But, Zeke I-”

“Consider it repayment. You saved Trixie, and me, so I won’t let you carry those sins any longer. Until god says so, or whatever, you will travel with me. Understood?”

“...Yeah. I guess.”

PreviousChapters Next