• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,969 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,969

PreviousChapters Next
The Night Before The Wedding.

The day came… the day Toriel, Derpy, Cloudchaser, Flitter, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack were gonna join in to my herd… well, the night before anyway. Pinkie insisted on them all having a bachelorette party, so I grabbed Cid and we just have been sitting at a random bar, drinking and talking…. Very drunk talk.

“So, *hic* so just how does it f-f-feel getting married t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-twice! Twice, how's it feel getting married twice, half to the same people?” Cid asked, his drunken mind causing him to stutter his wording.

“... Unexpected really.” I reply, nowhere near as drunk as Cid. reason after seven shots I’m not a stuttering drunk like Cid is now, is because high alcohol tolerance runs in the family… helped against normally deadly poisons too. I took another shot of whiskey, finishing the bottle… that’s two bottles gone…

“Y-y-yous a lucky s-s-sonabitch ya know that?”

“That’s what people tell me.” I reply. Popping the cap off a bear. “It’s bearly seven, and Pinkie says their bachelorette party is gonna go til midnight…”

“Y-you need to find something else ta do. W-w-what about your kids?”

“Leon’s taken them off world for some survival training.”

“And t-the babies, those twins?”

“With Aerith, she’s been like a babysitter to them when Fluttershy or Toriel can’t watch them.”

“Th-that Aerith is a sweet heart, known her for a long time.” Cid fell onto the floor, drooling in his drunken sleep.

I sighed. “Might as well walk around.” I payed my, and Cid’s bill and left the bar.

Everything was calm, kids playing, people shopping. That whole Unversed thing didn’t last all too long… Leon killed it… I was walking through the park, looking up and the sky so I didn’t even notice until I bumped into someone. “Oh, sorr-” I looked down and jumped back fast. Yellow. “What, how are you here?!” I summoned X and Discord.

She didn’t move, she was still. “I… I…… “ She collapsed.

“Uh… what the heck just happened…?”

Something is off with her.

Being?

Her darkness, usually, it’s rancid… but I can’t sense anything from her.

What? I walked up to Yellow, and slowly removed her mask. Her teeth were human, and her eyes were an ocean blue when I opened one. Her hair was light silver… I’ve never seen any of the Core’s without their masks on… I noticed a small box in her hand, and picked it up. “What’s in here?” I ask myself, when I opened it, a bright light nearly blinded me, until It was gone, and Yellow was awake and closed it, causing me to jump back, dropping the box. “How the heck are you here?!”

To my disbelief… she started crying. “I, I… Why does the light hurt…” She was balling out tears, and I was questioning if I was dreaming or not.

“... what the hell is happening?” She just kept crying. Against every fiber in my body telling me NO, I walked up to her, Disbanding X and Discord. “Ummm… are you alright?...” What the hell am I doing?

She was sniffling. “I, That… that fucking Ben!” She slammed a fist against the ground… making a crack from here to five blocks down in every direction appear in the crystal ground. “He, he was sorry for me… what kinda of shit is that?!” She was crying again.

Ben said something about that… was she really gonna say ‘Thank you’? “Um, I take it you either did something dumb or…?”

“She looked at me, tears still in her eyes. “That box… holds a fragment of the first Light, the light that started everything…”

“That explains that… so why do you have it?”

“Core found it, and kept it in there, locked away deep in the realm of darkness…”

“And why do you have it?”

She cleared her throat. “After what… happened… I couldn’t get what Ben said out of my head… Before I returned to Core I… took it, he saw I had it and asked why I had it… I lied about my reason…”

“Why? What’s so special about it, other than I’m guessing it’s the only one left?”

She shifted, not looking happy and rather… embarrassed… “It has a will of it’s own… a mind, we know it can kill us, if used properly… I wanted to use it to understand why Ben would feel sorry for me… I told Core I was gonna research it…”

“I take it something else happened?”

“Everyone saw when it happened… It purified my heart… turned my Keyblade back into my heart…”

(Explosion) “Come again?”

I don’t think she’s lying… her heart is there… and it’s… pure light...

“It happened so fast, Core knows that it would have killed us, it should have killed me… It did this, and Core branded me a traitor… This place is the only one I knew I’d be safe…” She was crying into her hands. “God… the things I’ve done… I ate a cat! I almost ripped off that guy’s arm!”

Her heart doesn’t lie Zeke...

I had no idea how to reply to any of this… “Well… I can see where you’re coming from… you know my family, Josh and whoever else is working with Core, right?” She nodded. “Look, I don’t think we can overlook what you did, none of it… but if you really have regained your heart, and give me that box to defeat Core… I’m sure we can work something out.”

She looked at me. “Why? After everything, just… why?”

“You and all the other Core’s became what you are because you all lost someone you loved… maybe a little love and compassion is all you’ll need to heal those old wounds.”

To my shock, she hugged me. “Core was wrong about all of you… darkness does blind us…”

Reluctantly, I hugged her back. “So does light… that’s why I try to keep the two balanced.”


I would never have guessed Yellow for a traitor.

None of us did, and she fled to the one place we can't go, with the one thing that can kill us!

Never seen you this mad before, but what got into her?

I don't know, but it's too late now! She is no longer one of us, and she will die. That light should have killed her, but instead it did that! Clearly something altered her just enough for light to find it's way back into her.

I'll go ask Jet, maybe he knows what might have happened.

Then do it! And tell the others to advance research! Now that our only weakness has left our grasp, we must act fast before we're all dead!

PreviousChapters Next