• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 4,971 Views, 281 Comments

Balance - BioQuillFiction



2012, the year the world was going to end. I really didn't think much of it, to me the world would be the same no matter what happens. Earth is violent and lacking real heroees. Maybe in my sleep I'll dream of a better world if this one does die.

  • ...
31
 281
 4,971

PreviousChapters Next
Sunset's Visit.

It was nice, calm morning’s like this. I sat in the nursery with my son Sunlight. It was a surprise to only be a month and a half pregnant and then give birth to a healthy baby… Keychain. That honestly freaked me out. Then Sunlight just, glowed and became a baby. It was at that point I figured that I really should stop questioning everything that’s considered ‘possible’ and just go along with what happens. I’m not gonna lie, Nana was another thing that surprised me, but despite her rather scary appearance, she’s so nice.

“Anything else mam?” Nana asked.

“No, I’m good.” I replied. Sunlight enjoyed it when I sat on the rocking chair and rocked back and forth in it. Puts him to sleep instantly. “You should go take a break, I got the kids right now.”

“Thank you mam.” Nana said as she floated off.

“Princess.” A guard entered the room. “There is a visitor here for you.”

A visitor? “Who is it?”

Instead of answering, he stepped aside. Revealing a face I thought I wouldn't have seen again.

“Hi Princess.” Sunset said.

I was at a loss for words. “S-s-Sunset?” I stuttered.

“Yeah, it’s me… It’s been a long time hasn’t it? Things sure have changed.” She said uneasily.

“You don’t know the half of it. Take a seat in the chair next to me.”

She did so. There was a moment of silence. The air was filled with awkwardness, and the sound of Sunlight snoring.

“Listen. I came here today to apologize, for everything. I’m sorry that I disrespected you and what you were trying to teach me. For breaking into the library. For running off without a word.” She forced out. Almost like she was choking them out.

“I’m sorry too. I wanted you to learn that information, but much later Sunset. I’ve… lost a lot of students who weren’t ready for the information in those tombs. I was just worried you’d fall knowing it, but instead I’m the reason you fell into the darkness…” I looked down at Sunlight resting in my arms. How lucky, to be born without sin’s or the pains of the parents.

“It took me a while, but I finally understand what you were trying to teach me. The magic of friendship, I guess I learned a bit late.” She laughed.

“Better late than never.” I laughed. “So, aside from what the report Zeke, Twilight, and Unum had filed said after coming back, how’s the other world been?”

“It’s been great recently. After an… incident that Zeke and them helped with, Master Ira and the others started their Unions in our world. I was actually the first one he took under his wing.” She said summoning a keyblade.

“Oh, how cute. So is that your own, or a training one?”

“From what the Master’s said, the Starlight Keyblade is a training keyblade that all union members start with. In time, my true keyblade will reveal itself.”

“Huh? Zeke gave me mine, and he seemed rather envious that I had the one I got.” I held out my free hand and summoned Royal Radiance. “He told me this is a Keyblade for champions, and is rather powerful.”

“Wow. It’s beautiful. The Masters told us that apparently the first Foretellers believed in working and getting stronger to obtain the true power of the heart. Starting from the ground up instead of just being thrust into the swing of things.”

“I suppose that’s fair, almost like finding your cutie mark.” To my displeasure, and Sunset’s shock, Sunlight turned into his Keychain form. “Sunlight, why do you keep doing that in your sleep?” At this point, I’m used to this happening, but it still bothers me. I just wanna hold my sleeping child, then they do this… Still, his Keychain form is rather neat looking. A phoenix with bat wings, and covered in blue fire. Wonder if that means anything?

“Um.. what is that all about?”

“Zeke became a human Keyblade by accident a while ago, as it turns out, the children are the same.”

“So they are part keyblade? Sounds complicated.”

“Nothing like this has happened before, so we’re unsure if they’ll need wielders, or if they’re their own wielders, or even if they’re keychain form needs to be placed on something to become a Keyblade, or will that appear some day? Zeke’s never ‘shape-shifted’ into a Keychain before, but if the kids can do it I think he can too.”

“I guess only time will tell. He is a little cutie.” Sunset said, stroking Sunlight’s chain.

“He usually does this while asleep, or if he’s mad. Same with the others. His name is Sunlight.”

“What a nice name. Pretty appropriate since you are the sun goddess.”

“Please, according to one world Zeke took us to to relax, I’m a demi-god… which I actually prefer, and it makes sense. So, any special friends in your reflection?”

“What!?” Sunsets face immediately turned a dark shade of red.

“I’ll take that as a ‘you haven’t told them yet’.”

She was silent for a moment before she quietly saying, “...yeah.”

“Why not?”

“I feel like I don’t deserve it. He and the other Masters saved me, and gave me a second chance. A chance to redeem myself, and the power to do so. Plus, there are three more girls that I’m probably competing against.”

“Before I get to the obvious solution in regarding those other girls, I’m going to ask you a question. What sins do you think Unum carries?”

“From what she told me, too many to say.”

“She told us some, and Luna peaked to see just how bad it was… She committed deeds worthy of demons… genocide of entire reflections at the snap of her fingers, lives toyed with, mutated, and all because she was lied to by Core… Yet, here she is, cured, happy, and redeeming herself. Sunset, no matter how devilish the deed, everyone deserves happiness, so long as they regret what they have done.”

Sunset listened to her formers teachers words intently. A small smile crept onto her lips. “Thank you Princess, that’s what I needed to hear. Now the only problem is with the others.”

“That’s actually rather simple. You see, if Lan does become a council member, he and the other Foretellers become Daybreak Empire citizens, and your reflections people become them in an ‘honorary’ sort of way. As such, the law here back when this was Equestria about herds, or harems, as they call it, stands. With Lan a citizen, he could have all of the other girls, and you, so long as it’s agreed upon by everyone involved. And if your world completely joins the Unity, no that’s not a cult thing, then all laws in Daybreak apply to your world, as well as some of the old ones, which are determined what stays or goes by that world's leaders, and the council.”

“Hmmmm…” Sunset was deep in thought. “Wait, how did you know it was Lan? It could have been one of the other two.”

“Two things, one, the way you talked about him when you referred to him as Ira, and second, Zeke, the other wives and even the kids all bet on who you’d date in that group. Zeke and the others owe Rainbow, Unum and I some ‘special payment’.”

Sunset hung her head in embarrassment. “Was I that easy to read, even back then?”

“Sunset, I practically raised you like a daughter, you can’t hide much from me… also, you keep writing your deepest secrets in that journal I gave you back when, which still works.” Hmhm, she was so embarrassed that I could practically see steam coming out off her ears. And who could blame her, those latest entries were about her very… saucy dreams. “Don’t be so embarrassed, the things the girls and I have done with Zeke WAY overshot what you dreamed about.”

“Well how would you feel if your mother read your diary!?”

“She did, back when Luna and I were foals, privacy was as rare as water in the desert.”

We spent more time catching up, talking about this and that and how things have been.

“So where do we go from here?”

“For starters, when you and those other girls confront Lan, make it sexy. Second, stop letting your self doubt about your past haunt you. You know what they say, you are your own worst demon.”

“Thank you Princess. When I came here I was scared at how you would react when you saw me. Now, I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my heart. It’s almost overwhelming.”

“Same, when I saw you I didn’t know how to react.” As I was standing up, Sunlight finally turned back into a baby. “Now what took you so long~” I teased him as I tickled his tummy. I was rewarded with his laughter.

Suddenly, Sunset’s Starlight appeared in her hands.

“Hm? I didn’t call it out.” She said. It was engulfed in flames, but instead of dropping it Sunset held it closer. As if it were connecting with her. When the Flames died, what replaced the Starlight was another keyblade.

“Oh my, Sunset. It looks like you earned your true Keyblade.” I said as I dragged her into a hug. “It kinda reminds me of when you got your cutie mark. Least we didn’t need a fire extinguisher this time.”

She backed up and observed her new found power. “It kind of reminds me of Philomena.”

“That reminds me, I haven’t seen her since before Zeke saved us… Wonder where she flew off to?”

“Well, I guess it’s time I took my leave.”

“You are always welcome to return whenever you wish… daughter.”

When I called her that, there were slight tears in her eyes. There were also some in mine as well. She pulled me into one last hug.

“I’ll see you soon. Mom.” With that, she went on her way.

I was left alone in the nursery again, with only the babies, and myself. “I haven’t called her that since she was fifteen. I’m just glad she still see’s me as her mom with how she acted.” I chuckled. I wonder if she even remembers that I adopted her as my daughter? Then again, she was three at the time, so likely not… I’ll bring it up on her next visit.

PreviousChapters Next