• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 18: Inferno vs Rainbow Dash

"The next duel is Rainbow Dash against Inferno Flare!", Pegasus announced.

"Well this oughta be good.", Burst said. "One legendary dragon against another."

"Now to see which one comes out on top.", Sunset noted.

"Best of luck darling!", Rarity cheered. Inferno smiled at Rarity before stepping on the dueling field.

inferno: 8000
Rainbow Dash: 8000

"I'll take the first move!", Inferno said. 'Not bad! Just the cards I need to get this duel fired up!' "I summon Black Stone of Legend! Now I'll tribute him to bring out a level seven or lower 'Red-Eyes' monster from my deck! I'll bring out Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon! I'll end my turn with two face-downs." 'Wonder if Dash is hot-headed enough to try and attack me?'

"I draw!", Rainbow Dash said. "I summon a monster in defense mode! Then I'll set a card face-down! Your move!"

'That trap of hers could be trouble. Better get out a monster that can burn past her defenses!' "I draw! Nice! I'll summon out another Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon from my hand! And since my first copy counted as a normal monster, Black Flare's effect is now unlocked since he's a gemini monster! Now I'll attack your face-down!" Rainbow's monster was destroyed! "And since damage calcualtion was performed, Flare's effect activates! You take damage equal to his attack points!" Rainbow shielded herself as flames crashed against her life points! "I'll then overlay my two monsters! I xyz summon Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon! I'll end my turn now." 'This should but Dash in the hot seat riiight about now.'

Inferno: 8000
Rainbow Dash: 5600

'Just gotta get enough Crystal Beasts on my field and grave!' "I'll place my destroyed Crystal Beast face-up in my spell and trap zone! Now I'll draw! I summon Crystal Beast-Sapphire Pegasus! And since he was summoned, I can place another Crystal Beast face-up in my spell and trap zone!"

"I activate Flare Metal's effect! Since you activated card effects, you take 500 damage since they resolved! You activated two effect, so you take 1000 points of damage!" Rainbow winced as twin blasts of flame struck against her life points!

'Great. Now I get burned for any effect I activate! And my whole deck revolves around effects! But I'm betting his dragon's got no protection from card effects!' "If we're back to my turn, I activate my trap! Crystal Raigeki! I'll send one of my Crystal Beasts from my spell and trap zone to destroy one monster you control!" A crystallized bolt of lightning struck Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon! But when the dust cleared, Red-Eyes was still standing! "What?! How is he still standing?!"

"One of Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon's effect.", Inferno said with a smile. "As long as he has an overlay unit, he can't be destroyed by card effects! And since another one of your card effects resolved, you take another 500 in damage." A small spark of flame hit Rainbow Dash's life points. "You might wanna hold off on using your Crystal Beasts' effects." 'All these turns and I've not even done battle damage to her. I guess I got her stuck ina burn lock-down.'

"In that case...I end my turn with a face-down.", Rainbow Dash said with a small frown.

Inferno: 8000
Rainbow Dash: 4100

"My move!", Inferno said as he drew his next card. 'Time to turn up the heat for this duel!' "I'll play Red-Eyes Insight! This lets me add a 'Red-Eyes' spell or trap to my hand by sending a 'Red-Eyes' monster from my hand or deck to the graveyard! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my hand to add a 'Red-Eyes' spell card to my hand! Then I'll play the spell I added! Red-Eyes Fusion! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact from my deck to the graveyard to fusion summon Meteor Black Comet Dragon! And since he was summoned, I can use his effect! I can send a 'Red-Eyes' monster from my deck to the graveyard! Then I can inflict half of its attack points as damage! I'll send Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon from my deck to the graveyard to inflict 1400 points of damage!" Rainbow Dash braced herself as flames crashed into her life points! "I'll then end my turn."

Inferno: 8000
Rainbow Dash: 2700

"Aw man! I haven't put a single dent in your life points and you haven't even done any battle damage!", Rainbow said as she drew her next card. "I'll summon another Crystal Beast! Topaz Tiger! Then I'll play Terraforming to add a field spell to my hand! Then I'll activate the field spell I added! Advanced Dark! Now comes Flare Metal's effect activates because I used Terraforming and Advanced Dark's effect activates when it hits the field." Once gain, sparks of flame hit Rainbow's life points! "I'll end my turn with a face-down."

Inferno: 8000
Rainbow Dash: 1700

"I draw!", Inferno said. "Now I'll attack Sapphire Pegasus with Meteor Black Comet Dragon!"

"I activate my trap! Compulsory Evacuation Device! This returns one monster on the field to the hand! I choose Flare Metal Dragon! But he goes back to the extra deck! Now I don't have to worry about him putting a dent in my life points!" Red-Eyes Flare Metal vanished from the field and Inferno placed him back in his extra deck. "And then I'll use Advanced Dark's effect! I'll send a Crystal Beast from my deck to the graveyard to prevent any battle damage! And then I'll put Pegasus in my spell and trap zone!" 'So much for burning up my life points! Now i can activate my card effects no problem!'

"In that case, I'll target one level seven or lower 'Red-Eyes' monster in my graveyard with Black Stone's effect. I can shuffle that target into my deck and add Black Stone to my hand. Then I'll summon him and tribute him to bring out Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my deck! I just used up my attack, so I'll end my turn." 'The duel's not over yet Dash. Something tells me you've got one of your Rainbow Dragons ready and waiting.'

"I draw! I'll set a card and play Crystal Beacon! This lets me special summon a Crystal Beast since I've got at least two Crystal Beasts in my spell and trap zone! I'll special summon Crystal Beast-Ruby Carbuncle! Then I'll set a card and end my turn!" 'C'mon. Take the bait...'

'I guess I'll let her get out one of her aces. Wouldn't be fun if our dragons didn't get to face-off!'"I draw!", Inferno said. "I'll attack Topaz Tiger with Red-Eyes!"

'Gotcha!' "I activate Rainbow Path! When one of my opponent's monsters attacks, I can send a Crystal Beast from my spell and trap zone to the graveyard to negate the attack and add Rainbow Dragon or Rainbow Dark Dragon to my hand! I'll add Rainbow Dark Dragon!"

"In that case, I'll attack Ruby Carbuncle with Meteor Black Comet Dragon!"

"And I'll activate Advanced Dark's effect! I'll send a Crystal Beast from my deck to the graveyard to prevent myself from taking damage!"

"I guess I'll end my turn." 'Looks like she's holding on pretty tight now.'

"Then it's my move!", Rainbow Dash said as she drew her next card. "I'll set two cards, switch my monster into defense mode and end my turn!"

"I draw! I'll attack Ruby Carbuncle with Red-Eyes!"

"I activate my trap! Rainbow Gravity! This lets me special summon Rainbow Dragon from my deck! Then I'll play Shift! This switches your attack from Ruby to Rainbow Dragon!" Red-Eyes snapped his attention to Rainbow Dragon and charged at him! Only to get swatted down!

'Time to end this in a blaze of glory!' "I can't say I didn't see that coming. Which is why I prepared for it! I activate my trap! Red-Eyes Burn! Since Red-Eyes was destroyed, we both take damage equal to his attack points!" Both duelists were hit with red beams of energy following Red-Eyes's destruction! But when the beams faded, Inferno still had life points and Rainbow Dash's fell to zero.

"You do know you could have ended this all earlier right?', Rainbow Dash asked with a smile.

"Yeah. But I know you try to get Rainbow Dragon out ever duel you play."

"Thanks Inferno. There's just one duel left before the finals really begin." The two friends then met back up with the others while they awaited the last duel for the day.