• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 13: Power and Potential

Night had fallen on Duelist Kingdom. And Burst and his friends were sitting by a fire. They had just finished dinner and were eagerly anticipating the finals. "Man I can't wait for the finals!", Rainbow Dash said with a grin.

"You do know we're going to have to duel against each other right?", Sunset asked.

"That's what's going to make this so awesome!", Rainbow countered.

"Don't we USUALLY duel each other at school Rainbow Dash?", Rarity asked.

"Yeah. Well....here we're doing this in front of the whole world! The finals are going to be televised! Everyone we know and more are going to be watching us duel!"

"Yeah. But let's be honest on the two of us who are favorites to win.", Sunset added. "Burst and Inferno."

"True. But just what makes them the most likely to win?", Rainbow asked.

"Because we're partnered with two legendary dragons.", Burst stated. Blue-Eyes then materialized.

"Burst's right. Red Eyes and I are quite famous in our world as well as this one.", Blue-Eyes said.

"Might I ask Blue-Eyes, just what makes you and Red-Eyes so legendary?", Rarity asked.

"I'm glad you asked us.", Red-Eyes said as he materialized. "Blue-Eyes here represents great power. And the victory that is gained through it."

"While Red-Eyes represents potential. But only for those who have the courage to fight.", Blue-Eyes finished.

"Wow.", Rainbow said in awe. "So that means either Burst or Inferno could win." Red-Eyes let out a chuckle.

"Unlikely Dash. If anything, Burst is gonna win. I do have my upgraded forms, but Blue-Eyes has his own upgrades too. And their usually stronger than mine in terms of abilities and sheer power."

"Come on Red-Eyes. You're my best friend!", Blue-Eyes said with a smile.

"And I know just how we can cement that.", Burst said as he strapped on his duel disk and stood up. "Let's have a duel!"

"Yeah..yeah that's it!", Inferno said as he strapped on his own duel disk. "Let's see if you can live up to your potential Red-Eyes!" Red-Eyes was still for a moment, then he nodded.

"Let's do it!"

Burst: 8000
inferno: 8000

"I'll fire this duel up!", Inferno said. 'Awesome! Just the hand I needed to start with!' "I summon Black Stone of Legend! Now I'll tribute him to special summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my deck! Now I'll equip Red-Eyes with Black Metal Dragon! This boosts his attack by 600 points!"

'Looks like he got a good hand too. Time for me to bring out my own monsters!' "My move! I draw!", Burst said. "I summon White Stone of Ancients! Now I'll discard Sage with Eyes of Blue to target him and send White Stone to the graveyard to special summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck! Next I'll play The Melody of Awakening Dragon! I can add two dragon-type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Then I'll reveal the Blue-Eyes I just added to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Then I'll contact fuse my two dragons! And since Alternative counts as Blue-Eyes White Dragon while he's on the field or in the graveyard! I fusion summon Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon!" A two-headed Blue-Eyes materialized. "Now I'll attack Red-Eyes Black Dragon!"

"But both of our monsters will be destroyed!" 'Is he serious?'

'That's what he thinks! Twin Burst's not going anywhere!' "Not Twin-Burst! He can't be destroyed by battle!" Both dragons clashed, but only Blue-Eyes Twin Burst was left standing. "I'll set a card and end my turn. And since I ended my turn, I can special summon a 'Blue-Eyes' monster from my deck! I special summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon!"

'Good thing I can use Black Metal Dragon's effect since my monster got fried!' "You actually helped me out.", Inferno said with a smile. "Since Black Metal Dragon was sent to the graveyard, I can add a 'Red-Eyes' card from my deck to my hand! Now it's my turn! I'll draw and activate the card I added! Red-Eyes Fusion! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon and Summoned Skull from my deck to the graveyard! I fusion summon Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! Thanks to Red-Eyes Fusion's effect also makes his name Red-Eyes Black Dragon! Now I'll attack Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" Blue-Eyes was destroyed by a blast of flame! "Now Archfiend's effect activates! Since damage calculation was performed, I can target one 'Red-Eyes' normal monster in my graveyard and inflict its attack points as damage! Then I can shuffle that monster back into my deck! I'll call it a turn with a face-down." 'Pretty sick burn Red-Eyes.'

Burst: 5400
Inferno: 8000

'That effect is pretty strong! good thing there's a work-around for that!' "I draw!", Burst said. "You've still got one normal monster left in your graveyard, so if I attack I'll trigger your dragon's effect again. So in that case, I play Return of the Dragon Lords! I'll revive Blue-Eyes Alternative! Then I'll activate his effect! I can target and destroy one monster you control!"

"In that case, I activate my trap! Red-Eyes Burn! Since you destroyed Archfiend, and his name counts as Red-Eyes due to Fusion's effect, you take his attack points as damage!" Burst cringed as flames crashed into his life points! 'Looks like that roasted both of our life points!'

Burst: 2200
Inferno: 4800

"It'll take more than that to stop me Inferno! I play Trade-in to discard the Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand to draw two new cards! Then I'll play Dragon's Mirror! I'll banish Blue-Eyes Alternative from my field and the two Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my graveyard to fusion summon Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon! Now I'll attack you directly with Neo Ultimate! Neutron Blast Overdrive!" Inferno braced himself as he was hit full force with blasts of light energy! "I'll call it a turn." 'Looks like both of our decks aren't pulling any punches! No way I'd rather have it! Especially when dueling my best friend!'

Burst: 2200
Inferno: 300

"It's my move! I draw!", Inferno said. "I'm not ending this duel without getting in one last hit! I play Red-Eyes Insight! I can add one 'Red-Eyes' spell or trap from my deck to my hand! I'll add a Red-Eyes spell! I play Red-Eyes Fusion! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact from my deck to the graveyard to fusion summon Meteor Black Comet Dragon!" A flaming dragon descended from the sky! Its wings blazing! "Now his effect activates! I can send a 'Red-Eyes' monster from my deck to the graveyard and inflict half its attack as damage! I'll send Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon!" Burst winced as flames licked at his life points! "I end my turn. Come at me bro!" 'Well, there's no one I'd rather lose to. At least we both had a fun duel!'

Burst: 800
inferno: 300

"In that case, I draw! You know Inferno? This duel's been pretty fun.", Burst said with a smile.

"Same here. What about you Red-Eyes?"

"Won't lie. I'm having a blast!", Red-Eyes said with a grin.

"Best duel we've had for the whole tournament!", Blue-Eyes said with a smile.

"Well then it's time to give this duel a big finale! I play The Melody of Awakening Dragon! I'll discard a card in my hand to add two dragon-type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! I'll reveal the Blue-Eyes White Dragon I added to special summon Alternative! Then I'll play Chaos Form to tribute Blue-Eyes from my hand to ritual summon Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Then I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my graveyard! I'll use Alternative's effect to destroy Meteor Black Comet Dragon!" Meteor Black Dragon was destroyed by a lightning bolt! "Now I'll attack you directly with all of my dragons! White Lightning Barrage!" Inferno's life points dropped to zero when the oncoming lightning crashed into him! When the light faded, both Burst and Inferno were exhausted.

"That...was pretty epic.", Burst said with an exhausted smile. Both Blue-Eyes and Red-Eyes were worn out too.

"I'd say.", Inferno said weakly. "But now? I think we'd better hit the hay."

"Sounds like a good idea for all of us. We've got our toughest challenges tomorrow.", Sunset said. The group of friends went to sleep. Each dreaming of their fated duels in the finals.