• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 9: Duel between Designers

Rarity sighed. Her boyfriend had made it to the finals. Sunset had made it to the finals. Burst and Rainbow Dash were at the halfway mark. And where was she? Dead last among their group. 'Maybe it wasn't the best idea to come along. So far I've been relegated to the cheering section.', she thought. Inferno picked up on her distress. Rarity noticed him coming over and stood up. "Oh. Hello darling."

"You're upset aren't you?", Inferno asked.

"What tipped you off?"

"Your dramatic sighing. You always do that when you're upset. Or drape yourself on a couch.", Inferno said with a chuckle. "In all seriousness though, let's try to find you a duel."

"You know just how to make a lady smile darling.", Rarity said with a small smile. "Hello? What's this?" Rarity noticed two girls talking. From the looks of it, the taller girl was hounding the shorter girl. They were girls Rarity recognized. "Would you excuse me for a moment Inferno? I have business to attend to."

"Does it have anything to do with either of those girls?", Inferno asked.

"Let's just say I'm....acquainted with the taller one.", Rarity said as she walked over.

"For the last time Coco. The only way we're gonna make it to the finals is if YOU hand over your star chips from the duels you've won. Then I'll duel my way to through the finals.", Suri said with a frown.

"Still using the work of others to get yourself credit I see?", Rarity asked coldly. Suri turned to Rarity and had a nervous smile.

"Hiiii Rares! You're not still mad about that business back in Manhattan right?", she asked.

"Oh darling. I'm absolutely livid. But not just about you stealing my work back then. I'm FURIOUS you're making your assistant do all the work for you! If you're going to compete, do it yourself!", Rarity said sternly.

"Coming from the girl who's scared to get even the tiniest bit dirty?", Suri asked with a smirk.

"Oh. It. Is. ON!", Rarity said as she activated her duel disk.

"If that's the case, I'll wager five of my star chips.", Suri said.

"And I'll put all of my star chips on the line as well!"

Rarity: 8000
Suri: 8000

'Time to put her in her place!', Rarity thought as she called out her move. "I'll take the first move! I summon Gem-Knight Alexandrite! Now I'll tribute him to special summon a 'Gem-Knight' normal monster from my deck! I summon Gem-Knight Crystal in attack mode! Then I'll play Fusion Conscription! I'll reveal a fusion monster in my extra deck! Then I can add one of the fusion materials listed from my deck or graveyard to my hand! I'll add from my deck. Then I'll end my turn." 'My dazzling gem knights are prepared for anything!'

"I draw!", Suri said. "I summon Edge Imp Chain! Then I'll attack! Since I attacked, Chain's effect activates! I can add another Edge Imp Chain from my deck to my hand!"

"But your own monster will be destroyed!", Rarity said with a look of confusion.

"Exactly what I was hoping for!" Gem-Knight Crystal smashed Edge Imp Chain to bits! "Since Edge Imp Chain was sent from the field to the graveyard, I can add a 'Frightfur' card from my deck to my hand! Then I'll end my turn."

Rarity: 8000
Suri: 6750

'I don't like what she's getting at here. But I'm going to need to advance anyway though!' "In that case, I draw!", Rarity said. "I play Absorb Fusion! I'll banish the fusion materials in my hand! I fusion summon Gem-Knight Seraphinite!" Suri smirked as Rarity's monster was summoned.

"I activate my trap! Anti-Fusion Device! This card targets and destroys one fusion monster you control!" Seraphanite was destroyed instantly!

'No! This can't be!' "In that case, I'll end my turn.", Rarity said with a small frown.

"I draw! I summon Fluffal Owl! Since he was summoned from my hand, I can add one 'Polymerization' from my deck to my hand! Now I'll put it to use! I fuse Edge Imp Chain with Fluffal Owl to fusion summon Frightfur Sheep! Attack her directly!" Rarity winced as her life points took a hit! "That's all for my turn."

Rarity: 6000
Suri: 6750

'She's using my own fusion strategy against me! She doesn't have an original bone in her body! I need this next card to be something to turn this around!' Rarity drew her next card. 'Excellent.' "I play Brilliant Fusion! I'll send fusion materials from my deck to the graveyard to fusion summon a 'Gem-Knight' fusion monster from my extra deck! I fusion summon Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond!" Lady Brilliant Diamond materialized and drew her sword! "I'm not done yet! I summon Gem-Knight Emerald! Now I'll tribute him to activate Lady Brilliant Diamond's effect! I special summon Gem-Knight Master Diamond! Now his effect activates! He gains 100 attack for each 'Gem' monster in my graveyard! Destroy Frightfur Sheep!" Frightfur was cut to shreds with one slash! "I'm not done yet! I'll discard a spell card to have Lady Brilliant Diamond gain her attack points back! I'll have her attack you directly! Diamond Prism Slash!" Suri winced as she took damage! "I'll then end my turn with a face-down." 'Flawless comeback Rarity!'

Rarity: 6000
Suri: 1950

"I draw! I summon Edge Imp Saw! Then I'll play Frightfur Fusion! I'll banish Edge Imp Saw and Fluffal Owl in my graveyard to fusion summon Frightfur Leo! Now I'll activate his effect! I'll target and destroy one monster you control! Then I can inflict its original attack as damage to your life points! I choose Master Diamond!" A saw blade cut Master Diamond to bits!

"I activate my trap! Brilliant Spark! If one of my Gem-Knights was destroyed by battle or by card effect, I can target one of them and inflict their attack as damage! I choose Master Diamond!"

"No!", Suri wailed as her life points dropped to zero!

'A beautiful strategy. Master Diamond, I'm sorry Darling. Your sacrifice gave me my victory.', Rarity thought as she collected her star chips and turned to Coco. "By the way darling. If you are in need of a new employer, I could always use some extra help around my boutique. That is, if you're interested." Rarity then made her way back to Inferno. "Just three star chips away from the finals."