• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,442 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,442

Duel 3: The road to Duelist Kingdom

"Gold?", Burst asked.

"Yeah?"

"Your dad is the creator of Duel Monsters?! Why didn't you tell us?"

"In my defense, I told Sunset.", Gold replied.

"Then why didn't she tell us?", Burst asked.

"You didn't ask.", Sunset said with a shrug.

"Moving past this pleasant surprise, why did you decide to drop-in Mr. Pegasus?", Burst asked.

"Please, call me Pegasus. And as for why I'm here, it concerns you and your friends.", Pegasus answered. "In your case, it has to do with your most recent victory. You are the duelist who defeated Blueblood correct?"

"I did.", Burst said with a nod.

"Also notable is your victory at your school's tournament.", Pegasus added. "It was quite the comeback."

"Wait...you saw me win?"

"I was watching in disguise. I also came because I wanted to see Gold duel. Anyway, you and your friends are currently the strongest duelists at CHS. This brings me to why I am here.", Pegasus said with a smile as he pulled out a case and opened it. Five gloves were in the case along with two star-like items paired with each glove. "I would be honored if you and your friends would participate in Duelist Kingdom!" Burst and the others were in awe! Duelist Kingdom was where Yugi Moto had become the King of Games! "I take it you're interested?", Pegasus said with a chuckle.

"Pegasus. It'd be our pleasure.", Burst said with a smile.

"Excellent! These dueling gloves and star chips will serve as your admission to Duelist Kingdom! The boat leaves tomorrow at 6 pm. Good luck duelists! Come Gold. We must make preparations for the tournament." Gold nodded as he kissed Sunset goodbye and left with his adopted father. Burst's mom then called the group to the TV room.

"Burst! The Duel Monsters Regional Match is on!", she called. Burst and his friends gathered around the TV. After the duel was over, a sneak peak was given for duelists who were the favorites to win Duelist Kingdom.

"Oh, man. Looks like we're going to be up against some serious competition.", Burst noted.

"No problem! We'll be able to take them on no sweat!", Rainbow Dash boasted.

"Besides, isn't fighting challenging duels the fun part of tournaments?", Inferno added.

"You know? You're right! Although we'd better tell the others. Something tells me Pinkie's going to want to plan a party after Duelist Kingdom is over."

"Don't forget! You've got us by your side Burst!", Blue Eyes said as he materialized. Burst smiled.

"Duelist Kingdom, here we come!"