• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,446 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,446

Duel 1: A New Day

Burst was sleeping soundly. That is, until his alarm clock went off. He let out a yawn as he got up. Burst then smiled. 'Yup. Today's going to be awesome!', he thought with a smile. Burst got out of bed and got dressed before he got ready for the day. After brushing his teeth, he went downstairs for breakfast. "Morning Mom!" Lumina Burst smiled as he son came downstairs.

"Good morning Burst. I hope you didn't forget your deck. You said you had a duel with one of your friends today. Rainbow Dash right?", she asked. Burst nodded as he ate.

"Uh-huh. She's wanted a go at me ever since I won that tournament sophomore year. Plus, I'll get to show off some of my new cards today."

"Well I hope you have fun.", Lumina said as she kissed Burst on the forehead. "You know, I should have figured you'd be good with a Blue Eyes deck. Your are named after Blue Eyes' original attack name. In fact, you kind of look like a human Blue Eyes. Snowy white hair, white skin with the faintest tint of blue, and your eyes are a nice shade of blue themselves!"

"MOM!", Burst shouted with a blush. Burst then got his duel disk and put it in his backpack. He then checked to make sure he had his deck box with all his cards. "See ya after school Mom!" Burst then headed to the bus stop. Blue Eyes then materialized. "Ready for our duel today?", Burst asked.

"You know it Burst! I always wanted to see how I'd do against Rainbow Dragon!", Blue Eyes said. Burst smiled.

"Then let's rock the dragon!", Burst said as Blue Eyes returned to his card. The bus then pulled up and got on. As Burst got off, Inferno was waiting for him. "Hey dude! How're things going?"

"Pretty good. I got a date with Rarity today. She was hoping to get some new cards at Discord's card shop.", Inferno said with a grin. The two of them headed in and the day carried on normally. Until lunch period hit. Burst found Rainbow Dash waiting for him.

" 'Sup Burst?", Rainbow asked with a smile. "Ready to see which dragon is more awesome?"

"You know it! Let's duel!"

Burst: 8000
Rainbow Dash: 8000

"I got the first move!", Burst said. 'Alright. From what I know, summoning Rainbow Dragon has something to do with all seven Crystal Beasts. But what's their connection? I guess I'll just have to duel on until I have to face it. But until then...' "I summon White Stone of Ancients! Now I'll target him with Sage with Eyes of Blue from my hand! Now I'll send both to the graveyard to special summon Blue Eyes White Dragon from my deck!" Blue-Eyes let out a mighty roar as he was summoned! "Next I'll set a card and end my turn! Now that White Stone of Ancients is in my graveyard, I can special summon another 'Blue Eyes' monster from my deck! I special summon Dragon Spirit of White!" 'Better save my better moves for later on. Now how's Dash going to play off this turn?'

"Pretty sweet start! But now it's my turn!", Rainbow said as she drew a card. "I summon Crystal Beast-Emerald Turtle in defense mode! Then I'll play Crystal Tree and end my turn!" 'Good thing all of Burst's monsters can easily take down my Crystal Beasts! I hate seeing them go, but it puts me close to getting Rainbow Dragon on my field and I can put them in my spell and trap zone! Plus, the more I have on my field, that means I can use Rainbow Dragon's attack boost effect to the fullest! Just gotta keep an eye on how Crystal Tree grows! I still gotta set other spells and traps, and I can't mess-up by flooding my back-row!'

"My move then! I'll attack Emerald Tortoise! Go Blue-Eyes! White Lightning!" Blue Eyes released a blast of lighting that fried Emerlad Tortoise! "But I'm not done yet! I activate my trap! Lineage of Destruction! Since I destroyed a monster in defense mode, I can target a level eight monster I control! It can attack again! Hit it Blue-Eyes!" Rainbow braced herself as she took damage from the attack! "Now I play The Melody of Awakening Dragon! I'll discard a card and add two dragon-type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense to my hand! Now I'll reveal the Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Next I'll tribute Dragon Spirit of White to special summon Blue Eyes White Dragon from my hand! Next I'll set a card and end my turn." 'Sweet! Chaos MAX is in my hand now! But I gotta wait until I can use him and my trap at the right time if I need a quick win!'

Burst: 8000
Rainbow Dash: 5000

"Since you destroyed Emerald Tortoise, I can place him face-up in my spell and trap zone! Next Crystal Tree's effect activates! I can place a crystal counter on it! Now I'll send it to the graveyard to set a Crystal Beast from my deck face-up in my spell and trap zone! Next I'll draw! I summon Sapphire Pegasus and equip him with Crystal Release! And since I summoned him, I can set a crystal beast in my spell and trap zone from my hand, deck, or graveyard! I'll chose my deck! Next I'll set a card and end my turn." 'Oh man! Burst's got a whole dragon army! But it's a good thing I've got Crystal Tree on my field! Just gotta keep filling up my back-row! Then I can really sick Rainbow Dragon on him!'

'Weird. Why would she summon a monster in attack mode? All of my dragons have more attack points. Wait...her face-down! But what could she be planning? I can't waste my own face-down, so I'll have to run the risk!' "My turn! I draw! I'll attack your Sapphire Pegasus! Go Blue-Eyes! White Lightning!"

"I don't think so! I activate my trap! Rainbow Path! I can send a Crystal Beast from my spell and trap zone to the graveyard to negate the attack and add Rainbow Dragon or Rainbow Dark Dragon to my hand!"

"Not bad Dash! But I'll still take down your Pegasus! I'll use Alternative's effect to destroy him!" Sapphire Pegasus was taken down by a bolt of lightning! 'So that was her plan! Looks like she's setting up her field for her boss monster!'

"I choose not to put Sapphire Pegasus in my spell and trap zone! Now that Crystal Release was destroyed, I can set a Crystal Beast from my deck to my spell and trap zone! Then I can activate my other trap! Crystal Raigeki! I'll send a Crystal Beast from my spell and trap zone to the graveyard so I can destroy one card you control! I choose Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon!" Alternative was struck down by a bolt of crystal lightning! 'Just gotta wait until my next turn! I've got Rainbow Dragon in my hand! But its too bad I can't summon him yet. I've gotta wait for the most EPIC moment!'

"Good move Dash. I end my turn.", Burst said. 'Alright. So she can place her monsters in her spell and trap zone as continuous spell cards. But that doesn't protect her life points. And she's making a point to keep track of how many Crystal Beasts are on her field and in the grave. She's also keeping track of which beasts are where. Does Rainbow Dragon need seven Crystal Beasts with different names to activate an effect?' Burst then looked to his face-down. 'Maybe it's a good thing I decided to save this for later. Because something tells me Rainbow's got more than one way to summon her dragons.'

"My turn! I draw!", Rainbow said. 'Sweet! Just what I needed! Time for Blue-Eyes to taste the rainbow!' "I play Crystal Beacon! Since I have three Crystal Beasts in my spell and trap zone I can special summon a Crystal Beast from my deck! Now that I've got seven Crystal Beasts in my graveyard, spell and trap zone, and field, I can special summon Rainbow Dragon! Come on out pal!" Rainbow Dragon descended on, what else, a rainbow. "Attack Blue Eyes White Dragon! Spectrum Surge!" Burst winced as Blue Eyes was destroyed! "I'll set a card and that's it for my turn! Your move Burst!"

Burst: 7000
Rainbow Dash: 5000

"My turn! I draw!", Burst said. "I summon Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands! Now I'll add a ritual spell from my deck to my hand! That's all for me." 'Her monster's pretty strong! He's got as many attack points as Chaos MAX! But Rainbow Dragon takes a while to get it out, and it looks like he can only use some of its effects after the turn he's summoned! That gives me a good window to make to strike back!'

"My move then! I draw!", Rainbow said. "I activate my trap! Rainbow Gravity! Now I'll special summon Rainbow Dark Dragon! Now I'll attack Manju with Rainbow Dark Dragon and Blue Eyes with Rainbow Dragon! I end my turn." 'Awesome just got doubled! I got two monsters with 4000 attack, and Burst's monster zones are empty. I bet that face-down of his was just a bluff! If it were really good, he'd have used it up earlier!'

Burst: 3600
Rainbow Dash: 5000

'Her monsters have high attack, but they're defenseless! Now I can use my trap to its fullest! Here goes nothing!' "My turn! I draw! First I'll activate my trap! Curse of Anubis! This switches all effect monsters on the field into face-up defense mode and makes their defense zero! However, your dragons already have zero defense so their defense stays the same. However, their battle positions can't be changed! Now I'll banish White Stone of Ancients from my graveyard to add a 'Blue Eyes' monster from my graveyard to my hand! Now I play Chaos Form! I'll banish Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon from my graveyard since his name counts as 'Blue Eyes White Dragon' when he's on the field or in the graveyard! Now to bring out the Blue Eyes monster I added to my hand! Come on out! Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Now I'll attack your Rainbow Dragon! Chaos Neutron Blast!" Rainbow braced herself as Rainbow Dragon was destroyed! "And since Chaos MAX destroyed him while he was in defense mode, you take double piercing damage!" Rainbow's life points dropped to zero in an instant! "Good duel Dash. You almost had me!"

"Yeah. I can't believe I didn't see that combo coming! It's the same one you used to beat Sunset back at the tournament in Sophomore Year! Too bad Rainbow Dragon's effects can't be used the turn he's summoned.", Rainbow Dash said. "Hey, you know a good card shop right? Maybe I can find some new cards there! Mind me tagging along?" The two of them then walked off.

"Of course not! Maybe Discord will even bust out his rarest cards.", Burst said. However, the two hadn't realized their conversation grabbed the attention of another duelist.

'This Discord could have the cards I'm searching for.', they thought.