• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 17: Sunset vs Gold

"The next round of the finals is Sunset against Goldenrise!", Pegasus announced as Sunset and Gold took the field.

"Hope you don't wanna break up with me if I beat you.", Sunset said jokingly.

"Quite the contrary. I like a girl who can give me a good duel.", Gold said with a smile. "Especially if she can beat me."

Sunset: 8000
Gold: 8000

"Ladies first.", Gold said.

"How charming. I summon Blue Flame Swordsman in attack mode! Then I'll equip him with Salamandra! This boost him by 700 points! Then I'll set two cards and end my turn." 'Not a bad way to start off! And I got a pretty good starting hand too. Let's see if you rise to the occassion Gold.'

"In that case, I draw!", Gold said. 'Great! One of the custom cards Dad made for me!' "Time to show off the custom deck my Dad made! I summon Statue of the Holy! Then I'll set a card and end my turn." A stone angle materialized on the field.

"My turn then!", Sunset said as she drew her card. "Since I don't have any monsters in my graveyard, I can special summon Guardian Eatos from my hand!" Eatos descended from the heavens!

'Just what I was hoping for!' "Now I can activate my statue's effect! Since you special summoned a monster, I can destroy it to special summon two spirit tokens in attack mode! They can't be destroyed by battle or card effects!"

'Looks like he's setting up for a tribute! But his tokens are sitting ducks for me to cause some serious damage!' "Too bad your life points are gonna have a huge dent! I'll attack with both of my monsters!"

'Good thing I came prepared!' "I activate my trap! Nutrient Z! Since I'm about to take over 2000 points of damage, I gain 4000 life points!" Gold winced as both monsters attacked his tokens!

"Not bad Gold. I end my turn.", Sunset said with a smile. 'He's putting up a better duel than he did Sophomore Year. Then again, I'm not running a deck that's meant to cripple my opponents.'

Sunset: 8000
Gold: 7000

"I draw!", Gold said. 'Now to take this duel to the next level!' "I play The Melody of Awakening Dragon! This lets me add two dragon-type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Now I'll tribute my tokens to summon Crimson Dragon!" A dragon with crimson scales and crystal wings materialized in a flash of red light! But aside from the wings and the color, it looked almost exactly like Blue-Eyes! "Now I can activate his effect! I can target and destroy one of your monsters! Then Crimson gains that monster's attack points! I'll destroy Blue Flame Swordsman! This boosts Crimson to 5500! I'll attack Guardian Eatos! Crimson Plasma Blast!"

'That's what he thinks!' "I activate one of my face-downs! The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh! This lets me add a Kuriboh or Winged Kuriboh from my deck to my hand, or special summon Kuriboh or Winged Kuriboh from my deck! I'll add Kuriboh to my hand! Then I'll discard him so that I don't take any damage!" Kuriboh jumped in front of the stream of plasma headed towards Sunset and nullified it with a barrier! With the attack halted, Kuriboh faded away into the graveyard.

"Not bad. I'll end my turn with another face-down."

"I draw!", Sunset said. "I activate my trap! Compulsory Evacuation Device! I can target one monster on the field and return it to the hand! I'll target Crimson Dragon!" Crimson Dragon faded with a beam of light and returned to Gold's hand. "Now I summon Dawn Knight! I'll attack you directly with him!" Gold winced as his life points took a hit! "I end my turn." Too bad his monster has no protection from card effects!'

Sunset: 8000
Gold: 5600

"My turn! I draw! I play one of the custom spells that Dad whipped up for me! I play Free Summon! This lets me summon a level five or higher monster from my hand with no tributes! I summon Crimson Dragon! Too bad he doesn't keep his power boost though. I also activate my trap card! Imperial Iron Wall!" 'This ought to throw a wrench in her summoning BLS!'

"And I'm not letting him getting any more! Since it's your main phase, I'll send Effect Veiler from my hand to the graveyard to target one face-up effect monster you control! Its effects are negated until the end of this turn! But that's more than enough to keep your monster from gaining more attack points!"

"I'm still taking down your monster! Crimson Plasma Blast!" Dawn Knight was vaporized in a blast of plasma! "Now I'll end my turn."

Sunset: 6400
Gold: 5600

'Good thing I've still got the lead in life points!' "I draw! Nice!", Sunset said as she looked at her hand. "I'll banish Kuriboh and Effect Veilier from my graveyard!"

"I don't think so!", Gold countered. "Imperial Iron Wall's effect prevents both of us from banishing monsters!"

"Not if I destroy it! I play Mystical Space Typhoon! This'll take care of your trap!" Imperial Iron Wall was destroyed! "NOW I'll banish Effect Veiler and Kuriboh! I summon BLS! Then I'll activate his effect! I'll banish Crimson Dragon!" BLS fired a beam of light from his sword at Crimson Dragon! Banishing it from the field! "The only down side is that I can't attack right now. So I'll end my turn with a face-down."

"My turn then.", Gold said as he drew a card. "I'll summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn!" 'I love a girl who can give me a good duel. Especially if she knows how to counter me.'

"I draw! I'll attack your monster! Genesis Slash!" Gold's monster was cut to bits! "Now BLS's other effect activates! Since he destroyed your monster by battle, he can attack again!" Gold winced as BLS slashed at his life points! "I'll end my turn with a face-down." 'What surprise do you have waiting for me now Gold?'

Sunset: 6400
Gold: 2600

"I draw! I'll play Burial from a Different Dimension! This returns up to three of my banished cards to my graveyard! Then I'll activate my trap! Oasis of Dragon's Soul! This lets me target one monster in my graveyard and special summon it in defense position! It becomes wyrm-type.I'll revive Crimson Dragon! If either Oasis or the monster is destroyed, the other goes to the graveyard too! Unfortunately, I can't change Crimson's position the turn he's summoned. So I end my turn." 'Can't wait to see how Sunset's going to deal with Crimson now.'

"I draw!" Sunset took a look at her hand. "I'll set a card and end my turn."

"My turn then!", Gold said as he drew his next card. "I'll switch Crimson into attack mode and activate his effect!"

"I don't think so! I activate my trap! Destruction Jammer! I can discard one card to negate the activation of a spell, trap, or monster effect that destroys a monster on my field! Then I can destroy the card that used its effect!" Crimson Dragon was struck down by its own effect! "And that leaves your field wide open! Attack him directly BLS! Envoy Blade Strike!" Gold's remaining life points dropped to zero in one swift strike of BLS's blade! Sunset walked over to Gold as she knelt to his level. "You know, this seems pretty familiar.", she said with a smile.

"Yeah. When you kicked my butt at that tournament Sophomore Year.", Gold said with a small smile.

"Mmhm. But there's a change to the story this time." Sunset offered Gold her hand. Gold smiled as he took Sunset's hand and got up.

"Actually there's more than one..." Gold said as he leaned in and kissed Sunset! "A little something to seal your victory. And there's more I'd like to share with you. That is..IF you're interested in dating a fellow displaced being from Equestria." Sunset was blushing all the while.

"I...I'll think about it.", Sunset said with a small smile as she and Gold joined the others to watch the next duel.