• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 14: Last Minute Challanger

As Burst and his friends were sleeping, a helicopter had landed at Pegasus's castle. Understandably, Pegasus and Gold were fairly cross at whoever decided to show up in the middle of the night. "Who could possibly be awake now?", Gold mumbled.

"Kaiba?", Pegasus guessed as he and Gold approached the helicopter. The figure who had been riding in it then stepped out. "Oh. Well I was close." Blueblood had arrived in Duelist Kingdom. "Well Blueblood? What do you want to complain about at this hour?"

"I wish to challenge Burst Stream!", Blueblood demanded.

Pegasus sighed. 'Mmmhm. This is Kaiba all over again.' "Fine. Only because I know you're going to keep whining about it if I say no."

"How do your aunts put up with you?", Gold grumbled.

The next morning...

Burst and his friends had woken up, and made their way towards Pegasus's castle. "Looks like we've made it to the hardest part.", Burst said as he and his friends walked up the steps.

"And its' about to get harder!", Blueblood proclaimed as Burst and his friends neared the door. Blueblood then walked towards Burst and his friends, and bowed!

"Uh...Blueblood? What are you doing?", Burst asked. 'Does this guy EVER call it quits? I thought he learned his lesson already!'

"I wish for you to make me your student!", Blueblood said as he looked up at Burst. "I even took your advice!"

'Well I'll be. He did learn his lesson.' Burst sighed and smiled. "I admire your resolve, but don't you think this is just the least bit of overkill? Go home!"

"If that's how it's going to be, then duel me! If I beat you, you have to acknowledge me as your student!"

"Fine. But if I win you go back home."

Burst: 8000
Blueblood: 8000

"I'll take the first move!", Burst said. "I reveal Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative! Then I'll end my turn." 'I wonder what he has in store for me with this new deck?'

"I draw!", Blueblood said. "I summon Elemental Hero Avian! Now I'll play Mask Change! I can target one 'Hero' monster I control and send it to the graveyard! Then I can special summon one Masked Hero from my extra deck with the same attribute as the monster I sent! I summon Masked Hero Blast!" A monster that looked like a Japanese super hero materialized from a gust of wind! "Now that he's been special summoned, he can target one monster you control and halve its attack points!" A gust of wind halved Blue-Eyes Alternative's attack points! "I'll destroy your monster! Blast Hurricane!" Blue-Eyes Alternative was blown away by a powerful hurricane! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

Burst: 7300
Blueblood: 8000

"My move!", Burst said as he drew his next card. "I'll summon White Stone of Ancients! Then I'll target him by discarding Sage with Eyes of Blue from my hand! Now I'll send White Stone to the graveyard! This lets me special summon a 'Blue-Eyes' monster from my deck! I special summon Dragon Spirit of White! Then I'll use his effect! I can target and banish one of your spell or trap cards!" A ray of light banished Blueblood's face-down! "Now for Spirit's other effect! I'll tribute him to special summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my hand! Attack Masked Hero Blast! White Lightning!" Masked Hero Blast was destroyed by a blast of lightning! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn." 'I gotta say. This new deck of his is a lot more fun to duel against! It plays at a much faster speed than that old tribute deck.'

Burst: 7300
Blueblood: 7200

"I draw!", Blueblood said. "I play Mask Charge! This lets me add a 'Change' quick-play spell card and a 'Hero' monster from my graveyard to my hand! Now I summon Elemental Hero Voltic! Then I'll target him with Mask Change! I summon Masked Hero Koga!"

'Or ARE you?' "No you don't!", Burst said. "I activate my trap! Champion's Vigilance! When my opponent would activate a spell or trap card, or when a monster would be summoned, I can negate the activation or summon and destroy that card if I control a level seven or higher normal monster! Fortunately, Blue-Eyes is a normal monster! I negate your monster's summon!" Masked Hero Koga was destroyed before he even set foot on the field!

"In that case, I end my turn with a face-down."

"My turn! I draw! I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your face-down! Then I'll attack you directly with Blue-Eyes! White Lightning!" Blueblood winced as his life points took a huge hit! "Then I'll set my own card and end my turn." 'Time for you to show me what your HEROES can do Blueblood!'

Burst: 7300
Blueblood: 4200

"I should've expected nothing less Master.", Blueblood said. "I draw! I play A Hero Lives! Since I control no monsters, I can pay half my life points to special summon a level four or lower 'Elemental Hero' monster from my deck! Then I'll summon Elemental Hero Shadow Mist! I'll target her with Mask Change to summon out Masked Hero Dark Law! Then I'll play Fusion Tag! I'll reveal one fusion monster from my extra deck then target one monster I control! It's name becomes the same as that fusion material if I use it for a fusion summon! Clayman's name becomes Koga! Now I play Fusion Substitute! I'll fusion summon a monster using both monsters on my field! I fusion summon Contrast Hero Chaos! While he's on the field, he also counts as a light attribute monster! Then I'll attack your Blue-Eyes! I'll discard Honest for Chaos to gain Blue-Eyes' attack points! Chaos Kick!" Blue-Eyes was destroyed by a powerful kick! "Then I'll end my turn."

Burst: 4300
Blueblood: 2100

'Time for me to bring out one of my ace monsters!' "I draw!", Burst said. "I summon Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands! I'll use his effect to add a ritual spell to my hand!"

"I think not! Once per turn, during either of our turns, I can target one card on the field and negate the target's effect until the end of this turn!"

'Good effect. Too bad it can only be used on one card per turn. This gives me just the opening I need!' "In that case, I'll play Trade-In to discard the Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon in my hand to draw two new cards! Then I'll play Chaos Form! I'll banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my graveyard to ritual summon Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Attack Chaos! Chaos Neutron Blast!" Blueblood winced as his monster was wiped out! "I end my turn."

Burst: 4300
Blueblood: 1100

"In the past I'd have said it was all over...but the duel isn't over until the last card is drawn!", Blueblood said with a small smile. "I guess that's something I picked up from you. I summon Elemental Hero Heat! Then I'll play Mask Charge to add a 'Hero' monster and one 'Change' quick-play spell from my graveyard to my hand! I'll activate Mask Change and use it on Heat! I summon Masked Hero Goka! Now his effect activates! He gains 100 attack for each 'Hero' monster in my graveyard! There's seven monsters, so that boosts Goka's attack to 2900! I know I won't win, but I'm still gonna throw one last punch! Blazing Fist!" Goka Charged at Blue-Eyes Chaos-MAX only for Chaos MAX to counter with a punch of his own! Goka fell to the floor and Blueblood's life points dropped to zero! "Well, I lost. But I'll admit that was quite fun."

"You really have learned Blublood.", Burst said with a nod. "But can I give you some advice? Change your wardrobe when you get back home." Blueblood looked at his usual clothing. 'Wouldn't want people still thinking you're nothing but a spoiled rich-kid.'

"Wow. Did I always overdress like this?"

"You have no idea.", Burst answered.

"Anyway Burst, may I still call you master?"

"...Why?"

"I've been watching One Punch Man a lot."

"And like Genos you wanted to be my student. I never pegged you for an anime fan though." 'Then again, all his best monsters are based on Japanese superheroes.

"I also used to watch Japanese super hero shows a lot as a kid. That's why I brought out my old Masked Hero deck."

"Well Blueblood, you've got my permission. See you around." Blueblood then left on the helicopter he had arrived on. "Now that that's done, let's head inside." Burst and his friends headed to the main castle door and each of them presented their star chips. "This is it..." And with that, Burst and his friends headed inside.