• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 10: Heavy Metal

Sombra was scouting for another duelist to beat. A dark smile plastered on his face as he searched for his next victim. He didn't have to look far. "Hey you!" Sombra turned and found another famed duelist, or rather infamous duelist, who had competed in the first Duelist Kingdom. Bandit Keith. "You're that punk Sombra who's making a name for himself! If I beat you, my name'll go down in history again!"

"Fitting. Considering you're going to be history when I'm through with you.", Sombra said with a smirk. "I know your reputation as a gambling man Keith. So how about this? I'll wager up all of my star chips. And if you beat me, I'll never pick up a deck again. However, I'll not hold you to the same stakes." Bandit Keith paused for a moment before laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're letting your opponent decide his own stakes? This is too good! In that case, I'll put all of my chips on the line too! Get ready to get crushed by the heavy metal of my machine deck! I'll even let you have the first move!"

Sombra: 8000
Bandit Keith: 8000

"In that case, I summon Chthonian Soldier in attack mode! Then I'll set a card face-down! I end my turn.", Sombra said.

"I've got just the tool to take down your soldier! I play the spell card Ancient Rules to special summon Slot Machine from my hand! Next I'll equip him with 7 Completed! This boosts his attack or defense by 700 points! I choose to boost his attack! Waste his Chthonian Soldier!" Chthonian Soldier was decimated in a flurry of laser blasts! However, Sombra had a smile as his soldier was destroyed.

"My soldier is quite vengeful. When he is destroyed, you also take the battle damage I took!" Keith winced as Chthonian Soldier's axe slashed at his life points!

"Keep smiling. I can't wait to wipe that smirk off your face! I end my turn."

Sombra: 6500
Bandit Keith: 6500

"My move. I draw! I summon Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands to add a ritual monster from my deck to my hand! I end my turn."

"I draw!", Keith said with a smirk. "I play Soul Exchange! This lets me use one monster on your field as the tribute for a tribute summon! Now I'll tribute your Manju with my Slot Machine to summon Fiendish Engine Omega! Now I'll activate his effect! I'll have Engine gain 1000 attack until the end of my turn! The only downside is that he's destroyed at the end of my turn!"

"I activate my trap! Draining Shield! Now I can target your attacking monster and negate your attack! Then I gain his attack points as life points!"

"I end my turn.", Keith growled. "Now Fiendish Engine Omega is destroyed and I can special summon an Engine Token."

Sombra: 10500
Bandit Keith: 6500

"My move! I draw! I summon Sonic Bird to add a ritual spell from my deck to my hand! Now I'll activate Contract with the Abyss! This lets me ritual summon any dark monster! The only drawback is that the levels of my tributes have to equal the exact level of the ritual monster I want to summon! I ritual summon Dark Master-Zorc!" Zorc appeared out of a swirl of darkness! "Attack him directly! Dark Inferno!" Bandit Keith cringed as the dark flames burned away at his life points! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

Sombra: 10500
Keith: 3800

"Now it's my move! I summon Cannon Soldier! Now I play Card Advance! I can look at the top five cards of my deck and rearrange them in any order! I'm also allowed one extra tribute summon this turn! I'll tribute summon Cannon Soldier and my Engine Token to bring out Barrel Dragon! Now for my first big gamble! I can target a monster you control and toss a coin three times! If at least two of the results are heads, I can destroy that monster!" Keith tossed a coin. The first result was heads! Keith then tossed it a second time. Another heads! "One last time!" Keith tossed the coin again, and the result was heads again! "I'll waste your Dark Master! Barrel Shot!" A laser blast fried Zorc! "Now I'll play Megamorph! This doubles Barrel Dragon's attack since my life points are lower than yours! Give him all three barrels!" Sombra had an unimpressed expression as he took the hit. "Looks like my gamble is paying off! I end my turn!"

Sombra: 5300
Bandit Keith: 3800

Sombra smiled as Keith boasted. "Actually, it backfired. I draw! I play Fulfillment of the Contract! I pay 800 life points to revive a ritual monster from my graveyard! Dark Master-Zorc returns to my field! Now I activate my trap card! Raigeki Break! I can discard a card and then target a card on the field and destroy it! I choose Barrel Dragon!" A bolt of lightning sent Barrel Dragon to the scrapheap! "Now I'll attack you directly!" Keith wailed in pain as dark flames once again burned through his life points! "I end my turn."

Sombra: 4500
Keith: 1100

"I....I summon a monster in defense mode!", Keith said in a panic! "Your monster can't do piercing damage!"

"You're so right. But I won't need to inflict piercing damage.", Sombra said as dark magic leaked out of his eyes. "I activate Zorc's effect! Dark Dice Roll! I can roll a six-sided die and activate a certain effect based on the number it lands on! It's my gamble now!" A dark die materialized and Sombra rolled it. The die landed on a three! "And it just payed off! Now I can destroy one monster you control! Dark Thunder Break!" A bolt of black lightning struck down Keith's defense mode monster! "Now to end it! Zorc Oblivion!"

"AARRGH!", Keith screamed as his life points dropped to zero! Keith was a sore loser however, and tried to charge at Sombra! Sombra then decked Keith and took his star chips.

"Don't play if you can't pay the price.", Sombra said with an evil smile as he left.

"Now we simply wait for the fools to file into the finals.", Zorc said.

"And one step closer to my reign."