• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,446 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,446

Duel 2: Clash of Dragons

The rest of the day passed by quick, and Burst led Rainbow Dash to Discord's card shop. Inferno, Sunset, and Rarity were already there. "Hey Discord!"

"Ah, Burst! I was wondering when you'd drop by! So how can I help you and your friend with the multi-color hair?", Discord asked.

"This here's Rainbow Dash. She's looking to get some good cards for her Rainbow Dragon deck. Think you can help her out?", Burst asked. "Plus, could you show us your rarest cards?" Discord chuckled.

"It'd be my pleasure. I don't whip these out too often, but here they are!" Discord pulled five cards out and revealed them. "Behold! One of the most rare cards in the game! Exodia the Forbidden One! When all five cards are in your hand, you win the duel!", Discord said proudly.

"So...AWESOME! That's the card Yugi first beat Kaiba with!", Rainbow Dash was going total fan-girl. Everyone smiled at her moment of fandom. Rainbow blushed! "A-anyway! Can you recommend any cards for my Rainbow Dragon deck?", Rainbow said as she handed over her deck. Discord looked over her cards carefully.

"Hmmm. I'd recommend the card Terraforming. It's quite useful for searching for field spells like Advanced Dark or Rainbow Ruins. Throw in at least two copies and your deck should be good!"

"Thanks!" Soon the door opened again, and Discord turned his attention to the new patron.

"Hello. Can I help you?"

"If a commoner like you can't then it comes as no surprise.", Blueblood said flatly. Rarity instantly shot him a dirty look. "Oh. It's you."

"Rarity. You want me to punch him now or later?", Inferno asked.

"Now, now darling. Don't forget to let me get in a slap.", Rarity said. Blueblood smirked.

"Glad to see I left an impression on you."

"Did you come here just to talk down to my friends?!", Rainbow Dash demanded. "Because if you did, let's settle this with our decks!"

"As amusing as it would be to put you commoners in your place, with the exception of one among you, I've more important business.", Blueblood said. He then noticed Exodia on the counter. "Impossible!" Blueblood rushed to the counter. "Exodia the Forbidden One? In this dump?" Blueblood then brought the briefcase he brought with him onto the counter. "Listen old man! If you give me Exodia, I'll trade you all of these cards! And if you won't take cards, I'll pay you quite handsomely. So, what do you say?" Discord let out a chuckle.

"I'm afraid I won't be parting with Exodia period. I share a bond with all my cards. No matter how rare they are.", Discord said with a smile. "Learn to have a bond with your cards Blueblood. Then you'll be a step closer to being a true duelist." Blueblood frowned and then turned to Burst.

"Very well. There are others things of interest. I must say Burst Stream. Congratulations on winning that tournament sophomore year."

"Thanks. So what do you want?", Burst asked bluntly.

"Right to the point I see. Very well. I'd like your whole deck. In my hands, I would propel it to its full potential! Surely you can be more reasonable than that old fool?"

"That 'old fool' is one of my best friends.", Burst said sternly. "And secondly, there's no way I'm parting with my cards. If you were so willing to get rid of yours, then something tells me Blue Eyes wouldn't be in good hands." Blueblood scowled.

"Fine.", Blueblood growled. "But this isn't over yet." 'Bonds with your cards. How foolish.' And with that Blueblood left. The next day was a half day, and Burst and some of his friends decided to take another trip to Discord's card shop. However, Discord couldn't be found! The group was wondering what had happened when the shop's phone rang. Burst picked it up.

"Hello?", Burst answered.

"Am I speaking with Burst Stream?", a voice said.

"That's me."

"Master Blueblood requests your attendance this afternoon regarding your friend Mr. Discord. Duel disk and deck are required." Burst's gaze steeled.

"Tell him I'll be right on time. Just pick us up at Discord's card shop.", Burst said a he hung up the phone. "Blueblood has Discord. And I bet he's didn't have him over for a social call. Let's rock the dragon." A limo soon pulled in front of the shop. "Right on cue." Burst then turned to his friends. "You guys coming?"

"No way we're missing you kick Bluebood's butt.", Sunset said with a smile. Burst and his friends got inside the limo and arrived at Blueblood's mansion. As they went inside, they saw Discord on his knees and Blueblood holding five cards.

"Hmph. Good of you to be punctual.", Blueblood said with a smirk. "Five cards that allow you to win the duel instantly just by having them in your hand. How useless." Blueblood then tossed the cards like useless trash. Discord scrambled to get the cards.

"Maybe to you. But that just shows how much of a fool you are.", Burst said firmly. "This game's about having fun! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a clone of Seto Kaiba."

"It will take more than petty insults to wound my pride.", Blueblood said with a smirk. "But now that you're here, how about a little wager? If you win, I'll find cards I can 'bond' with. But if you lose...YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME YOUR DECK! Unless of course you're scared."

"I came here to take you on Blueblood. Challenge accepted!", Burst said as he activated his duel disk!

"LET'S DUEL!", both boys said.

Burst: 8000
Blueblood: 8000

"I'll take the first move!", Blueblood boasted. "I'll set a card and summon Alexandrite Dragon!" A dragon with gems embedded in its scales appeared. "I end my turn."

"My move! I draw! I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn!", Burst said. 'Looks like Blueblood's taste in monsters reflects his lavish lifestyle. Not to mention his current monster's got high base attack for a level four monster. What other high-end monsters did this rich kid buy?'

Blueblood smirked as he drew his next card. 'I've seen how this commoner duels. He relies on special summoning his monsters at little-to-no cost. A pity he won't be able to thanks to the card I set earlier! And his Blue-Eyes pales in comparison to the dragon lurking in my deck! And thanks to the card I drew, his current monster can't hide in defense mode!' "And now it ends! I activate my trap! Vanity's Emptiness! Neither of us can special summon monsters! The only way to summon left is tribute summon! Next I'll play Stop Defense to switch your monster into attack mode! Alexandrite Dragon, wipe out his monster!" Burst winced as White Stone of Ancients was destroyed! "I end my turn."

Burst: 6600
Blueblood: 8000

'Not good!', Burst thought. 'My deck usually runs on special summoning! In just one turn he's locked down most of my deck!' "I draw! I summon a Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands! Then I'll add a ritual monster to my hand! Then I'll end my turn." 'Great. I've got one of the ritual spells I need, but I can't special summon right now! And that means I've left Manju vulnerable! But there's gotta be some way to get rid of his trap! No card is invincible! I'm sure that trap's got the word vanity in it for a reason. And considering its on Blueblood's field, it'll probably vanish if he does something that triggers its destruction! But what could it be?!'

"My turn. I draw! I summon Victoria! Now I'll activate her effect! I can special summon a dragon-type monster from my opponent's graveyard! I'll special summon your White Stone of Ancients! Now I'll destroy Manju with Victoria! Then I'll attack you directly with Alexandrite Dragon and your White Stone of Ancients!"

"AGH!", Burst wailed as his life points took a major hit! 'He's using my own monsters against me! That fairy on his field seems to be tied to special summoning dragons from an opponent's graveyard! Wait...Blueblood's been reviving dragons in specific! Only a select few cards require three type-specific tributes! And most of them are just prize cards! But there was one that was legal! If I'm reading his strategy right, Blueblood got his hands on a copy of it! But I guess it could be worse. He could have Chaos Emperor Dragon.'

"I end my turn.", Blueblood said with a smirk as he looked at his cards. 'All I need is one more turn. Then I can unleash my ultimate beast!'

Burst: 3600
Blueblood: 8000

"I draw! I play Cards of Consonance to discard White Stone of Legends to draw two new cards! Now I can add a Blue Eyes White Dragon to my hand! Then I'll end my turn." 'I guess this is the part where I find out if my suspicions are confirmed.'

"I draw! And now to bring out my best monster! I activate Victoria's effect! I'll special summon White Stone of Legends from your graveyard! Now I'll tribute all three dragons on my field to summon Victory Dragon!" A golden dragon with blue eyes was brought onto the field! "Attack him directly! Victory Flame!" Burst braced himself as he took damage! "I'll end my turn now. WHAT?!" Blueblood was surprised as Vanity's Emptiness faded off the field! "What happened to my trap?!" Burst smiled.

'So it looks like I was right! Blueblood's trap only works if he doesn't send cards to the graveyard when its on the field! Now I've got a fighting chance!' "The trap has the word vanity for a reason! The second a card hits the graveyard, it gets destroyed! Just what I was waiting for!"

"WHAT?!", Blueblood screamed.

"Next you're going to say: What do you mean you were waiting for this?", Burst said.

"What do you mean you were waiting for this? Huh?!"

"Now that Vanity's Emptiness is gone, I can special summon no problem! I activate Advanced Ritual Art! I'll send Blue Eyes White Dragon from my deck to the graveyard! Now I ritual summon Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Attack Victory Dragon! Chaos Neutron Blast!" Blueblood braced himself as Victory Dragon was destroyed! Burst then looked at his cards. 'I won't need this, but its good to have a bit of extra safety.' "Then I'll end my turn with a face-down."

Burst: 1200
Blueblood: 6400

"I summon a monster in defense mode and set a card! I end my turn!", Blueblood panicked!

"You really don't know what Chaos MAX can do. Do you?", Burst asked.

"Um, no?!", Blueblood asked nervously.

"I'll attack your monster with Chaos MAX!", Burst cried out!

"I activate my trap! Mirror Force! This will stop your attack and destroy your monster!"

"I don't think so! Chaos MAX can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects!" Chaos MAX smashed through the Mirror Force and destroyed Blueblood's monster! "And it's not over yet! Chaos MAX's other effect is that when he destroys a defense mode monster, he inflicts double piercing damage!" Blueblood cringed as his life points took a hit! "I end my turn."

Burst: 1200
Blueblood: 2600

"I...I play Swords of Revealing light to stop you from attacking for three of your turns!", Blueblood said. "Try to get to my life points now! I end my turn!" 'HOW?! This commoner has turned the tide in only one turn! No duelist I've ever fought has ever pushed me to my limits before!'

"I'm not gonna try! I am going to get at your life points! I draw! I play Twin Twisters! I discard a card to destroy up to two spell or trap cards on the field! I can only select one at the moment, and you know which one it is!"

"NO!", Blueblood screamed.

"You still have a lot to learn about cards. They're more than just pieces of paper. And sharing a bond with them is what truly makes a duel come to life! Let's do it Blue Eyes! ROCK THE DRAGON!" Chaos MAX unleashed a mighty final strike with his breath attack! Wiping out the last of Blueblood's life points! "And that's game!" Burst's friends ran up to him!

"Nice comeback Burst!", Sunset said.

"Way to rock the dragon man!", Inferno said.

"You put on quite the duel darling.", Rarity said.

"SO...AWESOME!", Rainbow Dash cheered. "At first you were all locked-down on your summons, then when Blueblood brought his monster out and you turned the tables!"

"Thanks all of you. Now how about we celebrate? I'm pretty sure my Mom wouldn't mind. But first, we'd better tend to Discord." Burst and the others walked over to Discord and helped him up. "You alright?"

"He didn't rip the cards up, so I'm fine. I'm just happy Exodia is in one piece."

"We'll get you back to your shop Discord." However, unbeknownst to Burst, his duel had been monitored by Industrial Illusions. In specific, the duels of Burst and his friends were recorded. And Gold had brought them to the attention of his adopted father Pegasus.

"Ah. This is the boy who won that tournament your school had sophomore year correct?", Pegasus.

"That's right Dad. It's also where I met my girlfriend.", Gold said with a smile. "Burst uses a Blue Eyes White Dragon deck. And they share a powerful bond. The same goes for Sunset, Inferno, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity with their monster partners."

"Interesting. And according to this Burst has beaten Blueblood. Aside from him, the other favorite to win my next Duelist Kingdom tournament is the duelist called Sombra. Hmmm. Perhaps we should pay Burst a visit. Care to drop-in on your friend Gold?" Meanwhile, Burst and his friends had just gotten Discord back to his shop and then they headed for Burst's house. However, the group was surprised to find a limo parked in the driveway. Burst was about to open the door, Gold was the one who opened it.

"Hi Burst! My dad wanted to meet you, so we thought we'd pop in for a visit. Come on! I'll introduce you!", Gold said. Sunset chuckled a little.

"What's so funny?", Burst asked.

"Boy are you going to be in for a surprise.", Sunset said with a smile. Burst and his friends went inside his home and were shocked, save for Sunset, when they saw Gold's father!

"Burst. Inferno. Rainbow. Rarity. Sunset. It's my pleasure to introduce you to my dad. Maximillion Pegasus!"