• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 16: Burst vs Gilda

The next morning, the finalists gathered to see who would be dueling. "The first round is...Burst Stream against Gilda!", Pegasus announced. Burst and Gilda took the dueling arena.

"Hope you left Harpie's Feather Duster at home.", Burst said with a smile.

"I'm not like Garble. I'm smart enough to ditch a banned card.", Gilda replied.

Burst: 8000
Gilda: 8000

"I got the first move!", Gilda said. "I summon Harpie Lady! Then I'll equip her with Cyber Shield! Then I'll set a card and end my turn!"

'One harpy on its own isn't too bad. But something tells me she's got her whole flock waiting to strike in her deck! Better play it safe.' "My turn!", Burst said as he drew his card. "I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn with a face-down! Your move!"

"I draw! I summon Harpie Dancer and attack your face-down with her! Then I'll attack you directly with Harpie Lady!" Burst's monster was ripped to shreds instantly while Gilda's other Harpie slashed at his life points directly! "I end my turn."

Burst: 6200
Gilda: 8000

'Just what I was hoping for!' "White Stone of Ancient's effect activates! I can special summon a 'Blue-Eyes' monster from my deck! I'll special summon Dragon Spirit of White! And when he's summoned, I can target and banish one of your spell or trap cards!" Gilda's trap was revealed and vanished in a flash of light! "That Mirror Wall could've been trouble for me. Now I can start my turn! I draw! Now I'll play The Melody of Awakening Dragon! I'll discard a card and add two dragon-type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Now I'll reveal Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative! I'll attack both of your monsters!" Blue-Eyes Alternative and Dragon Spirit wiped out Gilda's harpies with blasts of lightning! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn." 'Looks like my dragons have clipped her Harpies' wings so far. She needs at least three harpies to get out her pet phantasmal dragon on the field. That thing gives some serious protection to her harpies.'

Burst: 6200
Gilda: 5500

"Not bad Burst! But now it's my turn! I draw!", Gilda said. "I summon Harpie Lady 3! Then I'll activate Elegant Egotist! Since Harpie Lady 3' counts as Harpie Lady, I can target her and special summon another Harpie Lady from my deck! I'll bring out Harpie Lady! Then I'll play Soul Charge! This lets me revive as many monsters as I want from my graveyard at the cost of 1000 life points per monster! I'll bring back my other Harpie Lady! Now I overlay all three of them to xyz summon Harpie's Pet Phantasmal Dragon! Now I can attack you directly since he's got an overlay unit!" Pet Phantasmal Dragon charged with its claws aimed at Burst!

'Now!' "I activate my trap! Mirror Force! When your monster attacks, I can destroy all attack mode monsters you control! And at the moment, that includes your dragon! And since Mirror Force doesn't target, your dragon is fair game!" Pet Phantasmal Dragon was destroyed before it could even close-in!

"I end my turn.", Gilda said. "Good counter."

Burst: 6200
Gilda: 4500

'She's also a much better sport than Garble.' "Thanks.", Burst said as he drew his next card. "I play Trade-In to discard Blue-Eyes from my hand! This lets me draw two new cards! Next I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive Blue-Eyes from my graveyard! Now I'll attack you directly with all of my dragons for game!" Gilda's remaining life points were gone in a flash of light! When the light died down, Burst was left standing. "Good duel.", Burst said as he helped Gilda up.

"Yeah. No wonder you beat Blueblood.", Gilda said as she took Burst's hand. "You were able to counter my best cards!"

"Thanks. Now let's see who's going up in the next duel."