• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 22: Fate of Two Worlds! Burst vs Sombra!

Burst and his friends met after dinner to discuss the imminent matter at hand. "Burst. You're the only one left.", Sunset said. "That means you're the only one who can stop Sombra now."

"Not to put pressure, but the fate of two worlds is lying on your shoulders.", Rainbow Dash added. "No big deal."

Burst sighed. "I know."

"You know, I thought you'd be freaking out. You alright man?", Inferno asked.

"It's true darling. I thought you'd be absolutely terrified right now.", Rarity said.

"Oh I am. In fact, I'm pretty scared. But I'm not gonna let that stop me. If heroes run away...who's left to help?"

"Don't forget. You're never alone out there.", Blue-Eyes said as he materialized. "I'm always with you Burst."

"And so are we.", all of his friends added. Burst smiled.

"Thanks everyone. But I think I'd better get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be my hardest duel yet." With that, Burst headed off for bed. Meanwhile, Sombra was anticipation his victory.

"Only one duelist stands in our way Zorc. And he shall soon fall to us.", Sombra said with a dark smile.

"Tomorrow, we claim our victory." Zorc said. "And the worlds shall be ours!"

The next morning...

Burst walked onto the dueling arena with a determined gaze on his face. 'Every duel has led to this moment. Now the future lies on every draw.' Sombra strode triumphantly into the arena.

'The time of my reign has arrived!', Sombra then smirked as Burst took the field. 'And only he stands in my way...' Both duelists were staring each other down. "So. Like what I did with your friends?"

"Try and scare me all you want. I'm not backing down. And I'm gonna stop you!" Burst activated his duel disk!

"I know you're going to try." Sombra activated his duel disk in kind.

"LET'S DUEL!"

Burst: 8000
Sombra: 8000

"I'll take the first move!", Sombra said. "I summon Axe Dragonute in attack mode! Then I'll play Terraforming! This lets me add a field spell to my hand! Now I'll activate the field spell I added! Mystic Plasma Zone! This boosts the attack of all dark monsters I control by 500 points and lowers their defense by 400! Then I'll set a card and end my turn." 'Only this fool stands in my way. How sad for him that he thinks he can beat me.'

"I draw!", Burst said. 'Sombra. I'm going to pay you back for hurting my friends! I'm not gonna let you and Zorc win! Blue-Eyes and I are going to make sure you and Zorc are stopped!' "I summon White Stone of Ancients! Then I'll discard Sage with Eyes of Blue to target is and send both to the graveyard to special summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck! Then I'll attack your Axe Dragonute! White Lightning!" Axe Dragonute was destroyed by a blast of lightning! "I end my turn. Now White Stone's effect activates! This lets me special summon a 'Blue-Eyes' monster from my deck! I summon Dragon Spirit of White! Now that he's been summoned, I can banish one spell or trap card you control!"

Burst: 8000
Sombra: 7500

"That was your one free hit.", Sombra said with a smirk. "Now it's my turn. I draw! I play Soul Exchange! This lets me use one of your monsters as a tribute! I'll tribute your Blue-Eyes to summon Dragon Seeker! Once he's summoned, I can target and destroy one face-up dragon-type monster you control! I'll destroy Dragon Spirit of White!" A blast of darkness destroyed Dragon Spirit! "Now I'll attack you directly!" Burst winced as Dragon Seeker's claws cut into his life points! "I'll end my turn with two face-downs." 'Looks like the legendary Blue-Eyes isn't so mighty after all.'

Burst: 5500
Sombra: 7500

"My turn!" Burst drew his next card. 'He may have the lead in life points. But that'll change soon enough!' "I play The Melody of Awakening Dragon! By discarding a card, I can add two dragon-type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! I'll reveal the Blue-Eyes White Dragon I added to special summon the Blue-Eyes Altternative I also added to my hand! Then I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive the Blue-Eyes in my graveyard! I'll use Alternative's effect to destroy your monster!" Dragon Seeker was fried with a lightning bolt! "Then I'll attack you directly with Blue-Eyes! White Lightning!"

"I activate my trap! Damage Diet! This halves all battle damage I take this turn!"

"I guess I'll end my turn by contact fusing my monsters into Blue-Eyes Twin Burst!" Burst's dragons fused into a two-headed dragon! 'At least now I have a monster that can take major hits and stay on the field!'

Burst: 5500
Sombra: 6000

"I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn.", Sombra said with a smirk.

'That monster of his could spell trouble for some of my other Blue-Eyes. Better get rid of it while I have the chance!' "I draw! I'll attack your monster!" Blue-Eyes Twin Burst charged at Sombra's monster and destroyed it!

"Just what I was hoping for! Wall of Illusion's effect activates! When damage calculation is carried out, I can return the monster that destroyed it! But Blue-Eyes Twin Burst doesn't come from your hand. Does he? He's returned to the extra deck!"

"I end my turn.", Burst said calmly. 'At least now my other monsters are safe from being bounced back to my hand.'

"I summon Mystic Tomato, then I'll get rid of my field spell with Mystical Space Typhoon. I'll end my turn with a face-down."

'Why would he destroy his own field? It gave his monsters a decent power boost! Unless...he's trying to drag this out. He's planning on savoring his victory. That'll come back to bite him now!' "In that case, I draw! I play Trade-In to discard Blue-Eyes from my hand and draw two cards! Now I'll summon Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands! I'll use his effect to add a ritual spell to my hand! Now I'll banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my graveyard with Chaos Form! This lets me ritual summon Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon!"

"I activate my trap! Adhesion Trap Hole! I won't destroy your monster just yet. I intend to cripple it! Adhesion Trap Hole halves your monster's attack points!"

"No matter! I can still take down your monster! Chaos Neutron Blast!" Mystic Tomato was fried! "I'll end my turn." 'Chaos MAX might be crippled. But at least he's still on the field. The downside is that he's vulnerable now! Especially since Zorc has more attack points than Chaos MAX now!'

Burst: 5500
Sombra: 5400

"Mystic Tomato's destruction allows me to special summon a dark monster with 1500 or less attack from my deck! I'll bring that monster to the field in attack mode! Ritual Raven! Then I'll draw and end my turn with a face-down."

"I draw! I'll attack Ritual Raven!" As Chaos MAX charged at Ritual Raven, Sombra smiled.

"No. You won't! I activate my trap! Storming Mirror Force! This returns all attack mode monsters you control to your hand!" A gust of wind blew Chaos MAX off the field and back into Burst's hand!

'Now one of my best monsters is off the field, and I'm wide open! But I can't call it quits yet!' "I end my turn. But the duel's not over until the last card's drawn!", Burst said defiantly. Sombra smirked.

"So YOU'RE the fool who gave your friends that stupid advice. That'll make crushing you all the more enjoyable. My move! I draw! I play Pre-Preparation of Rites! This lets me add a ritual spell from my deck to my hand and a ritual monster from my deck or my graveyard! I'll add both from my deck! Now I play Contract with the Dark Master! I'll tribute Ritual Raven since he can be used as the whole tribute for the ritual summon of a dark monster! Rise! Dark Master-Zorc!" Zorc appeared out of a pillar of shadow! "Attack him directly! Dark Lightning!" Zorc shot bolts of purple lightning from his hands! Striking Burst dead-on! "I think I've punished you enough for one turn."

Burst: 2800
Sombra: 5400

It was taking everything Burst had just to stay standing! "I...I draw! I summon a monster in defense mode! Then I'll end my turn." 'At least this card can help me get Blue-Eyes back for one final strike.'

"How futile.", Sombra said with an evil smile. "I activate Zorc's effect! Dark Die Roll!" A die rolled, and landed on a three! "I can destroy one monster you control! Dark Thunder Break!" A bolt of black thunder destroyed Burst's monster! "Attack him directly Zorc! Let him know despair! Zorc Oblivion!" Zorc wrapped his fist in darkness and struck Burst with a devastating punch! Burst was winded and fell to his knees! Dark magic leaked from Sombra's eyes as his smile grew. "I end my turn with another face-down. Still think the duel's not over yet 'hero'?"

Burst: 100
Sombra: 5400

"Wh..White Stone's effect activates! I special summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck!" However, Burst's mind was in a frenzy! 'Not good. Really, really not good! I'm down to only 100 life points! Not to mention even if Blue-Eyes can destroy Zorc, Sombra' might just search for a way to revive him!'

'It's not over yet Burst!', Blue-Eyes said. 'It's like you said! The duel's not over until the last card is drawn!'

'Don't leave us out of the pep-talk!', Inferno said. Burst lifted his head and saw his friends alongside Blue-Eyes! 'Don't forget Burst. You're not alone in this. We might not be right by your side, but we're always in your heart!'

'You really gonna call it quits without giving it your all?', Rainbow Dash asked.

'Come on darling!, Rarity said. 'You've still got one card to draw!'

'Well Burst? Are you gonna rock the dragon or what?', Sunset said. Burst smiled as his friends lifted his spirits. Back in the real world, Burst began to rise! A rainbow-colored flash went off on the top of his deck!

Suggested music:

"My turn! I draw!" Burst smiled as he read the card he drew. "I activate the spell card Harmony Absolute! I'll tribute Blue-Eyes from my field to summon Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon from my deck!" a brilliant pillar of light engulfed Blue-Eyes! And when the light died down, a humanoid Blue-Eyes standing in platinum armor stood! There were three gems on each of its wings.

"Those look like the old Elements of Harmony...", Sunset said in awe.

"Wait. The same things that have crazy amounts of magical power?", Inferno asked. Sunset nodded.

"I think we're in for a good show."

"Now one of Absolute's effects activates! He gains 300 attack for each monster in my graveyard! There's six, so that means he gains 1800 attack! He was at 5000 for base power, so this brings him up to 6800! Attack Zorc! Absolute White Lightning!"

"I think not! I activate my trap! Mirror Force!", Sombra said with a dark smile. But when Blue-Eyes got close to the barrier, he SMASHED it to pieces! "WHAT?!"

"Another one of Blue-Eyes Absolute's effects! He's unaffected by all card effects! Also, he can't be destroyed by battle! And I take no battle damage if he gets attacked!" Blue-Eyes charged up his attack, and fired a white lightning with a rainbow-colored aura around it right at Zorc! Destroying him instantly! "I'll end my turn."

Burst: 100
Sombra: 1300

"This isn't over! I play Hidden Armory! This lets me add an equip spell from my deck to my hand! I play Fulfillment of the Contract! I pay 800 life points to revive Zorc from my graveyard in defense mode! Too bad you can't inflict damage when you attack!", Sombra said with a strained smile.

"You really know how to tempt fate don't you?", Burst asked. "Let's rock the dragon Blue-Eyes!" Both Blue-Eyes and Burst called out their final attack!

"ABSOLUTE....NEUTRON...BLAST!" Blue-Eyes Absolute fired a rainbow-colored neutron blast from his hands like a Kamehameha!

"One of Blue-Eyes Absolute's final effects it that he can inflict piercing damage when he destroys a defense mode monster!"

"NNOOOOOOOO!", Sombra screamed as he was engulfed by the blast! When the light died-down, Sombra was on the floor. Burst stood triumphant! Burst's friends rushed onto the field to congratulate him! But they froze when they saw Sombra slowly rise. "This...isn't....OVER!" Dark magic exploded from Sombra! A curved horn sprouted from his forehead with a red tip.

"We won't be destroyed so easily!", Zorc bellowed as he and Sombra began to fuse! Sombra was soon wearing armor that resembled Zorc!

"If we can't win the duel, we'll simply destroy you!", the two of them bellowed! Sombra sent a blast of dark magic flying at Burst and his friends! But a pair of white dragon wings blocked it! "What?!" Burst's friends were also staring in awe! The dragon wings were coming from Burst! As Burst lifted his wings, it was revealed that his eyes had turned dragonic!

"You won't lay a finger on them!", Burst shouted! Blue-Eyes then materialized by Burst's side. "Let's finish this together Blue-Eyes!" Blue-Eyes nodded.

"Let's rock the dragon!" Both Burst and Blue-Eyes charged their fists with energy and charged at the fused Sombra and Zorc!

"WHITE LIGHTNING OVERDRIVE!", the two of them shouted! As their attack connected, Sombra and Zorc began to disintegrate!

"AAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHhhhhhh!", Sombra and Zorc howled as they were destroyed! When the light faded, Burst and Blue-Eyes stood victorious!

"I guess a spirit can hit pretty hard.", Burst said with a smile as his eyes returned to normal and his wings faded away.

"Oh he's more than a spirit Burst.", Pegasus said as he approached the group. "Congratualtions. You and your friends have saved our world and the monsters'. But it also had a little perk from the energy. All duelists with bonds to their cards can summon the real monsters. Don't believe me? Fist-bump Blue-Eyes." Blue-Eyes put his fist out. And Burst, to his surprise, actually made contact with Blue-Eyes!

"This is awesome!", Burst cheered. Sunset and Rarity then noticed that their decks had been restored after Sombra and Zorc's defeat. Rarity summoned Master Diamond.

"Good to see you again milady.", Master Diamond said.

"Oh how I've missed you Diamond!", Rarity squealed as she hugged Master Diamond tightly.

"Good to be back Sunset.", BLS said. Sunset fist-bumped BLS.

"No other monster I'd have by my side.", Sunset said with a smile.

"Hi-wing!", Rainbow Dragon said as Rainbow Dash gave him a hi-five.

"We SO gotta hang out back home.", Inferno said.

"Yup. Hope you're planning on a movie marathon.", Red-Eyes said with a smile.

"Of course, there is ONE more thing for you to collect." Pegasus clapped his hands, and a man carrying a briefcase came out. "The cash prize for winning the tournament. Not to mention how famous you'll be since the finals were televised. Fortunately we cut the cameras before Sombra and Zorc made their attack."

"I'd say this is more of a bonus prize.", Burst said as he accepted the money. "Come on guys lets head home." Burst and his friends headed for the boat while Gold and Pegasus headed for their helicopter. As they left, Burst and his friends as well as their monster partners watched Duelist Kingdom fade into the horizon as they headed home.