• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,446 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,446

Duel 7: The Dragon Buster

"So just to recap: Rainbow Dash is up to five star chips, Burst has four, and the rest of us are at zero.", Inferno said. "Meaning we'd better find some duels pretty soon."

"Then lets move on.", Burst said with a smile. However, they were being watched.

"So that's the famous Burst Stream.", the duelist said. The duelist then saw Rarity. "Ah. He has quite the lovely maiden in his company. I'm sure she wouldn't mind being rescued from the dragon by a knight.", he said. Burst and his friends were walking when the figure swung from the trees and snatched up Rarity! He then landed on a rock.

"What the? Let me go!", Rarity screamed! The duelist landed and smiled at her.

"Worry not fair maiden! For I am rescuing you from this ferocious dragon user!", the duelist said.

"Who do you think you are?!", Rarity demanded.

"Ah. How rude of me. I am Lance Buster! Vanquisher of dragon decks! And your current rescuer."

"Hey buddy! Get your hands of my girlfriend!", Inferno shouted. Lance looked at Inferno and laughed.

"A maiden loving a dragon? Absurd! That's not how the story goes!", Lance said with a smirk as he jumped down to face Inferno.

"Well this isn't your story! Give Rarity back!", Inferno growled!

"Very well. I'll allow you a chance to win back your maiden. Simply best me in a duel! But no dragon user has ever defeated me! In fact, I'll wager all eight of my star chips!", Lance boasted.

'Is he serious? That many?', Inferno thought. 'Geez. I suppose it'll make things easier for me when I kick his butt for messing with Rarity like that!' "Rarity's not some prize pretty boy! But I'm gonna duel you just the same!", Inferno spat! "I'll wager one of my star chips."

Inferno: 8000
Lance: 8000

"I'll take the first move! I'll set a card and summon Blade Knight! I end my turn.", Lance said with a smirk. "Attack if you dare!"

"Getting real tired of your attitude!", Inferno said. "I summon Black Stone of Legend! Now I'll tribute him to bring out Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon! Now I'll normal summon another Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon! This unlocks his effect! Attack him directly! Black Flare!"

"I'll activate my trap! Magical Arm Shield! I'll target the other monster you control! Now you'll be attacking him instead! However since they have equal attack, they'll destroy each other! Neither of us will take damage!"

"I don't think so! Black Flare's effect activates! Since he attacked, I can inflict his attack points as damage! You saved your monster, but you still get burned!", Inferno said with a smile. "Then I'll set a card and play Dragon Shrine! I'll send a normal dragon-type monster to the graveyard! Now I can send another dragon from my deck to the grave since the dragon I sent was a normal dragon." 'And they say Red-Eyes' burn focus isn't very helpful to the deck!', Inferno confidently thought.

Inferno: 8000
Lance: 5600

"My turn then! I draw! I summon Skilled White Magician! Then I play the Emblem of Dragon Destroyer! This lets me add a 'Buster Blader' monster to my hand! Now I can place a spell counter on my Skilled White Magician! Now I'll attack you directly with Blade Knight! Then I'll play the spell card Ego Boost! Since a monster declared an attack, I can target one monster I control and boost its attack by 1000 points until the end of the battle phase! I target Blade Knight!"

"I don't think so! I activate my trap! Red-Eyes Spirit! I can target a 'Red-Eyes' monster in my graveyard and special summon it! I special summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon!", Inferno countered! Blade Knight was destroyed by a tail whip from REDMD! 'This is my best card in the main deck! He's toast!'

"Hmph. Impressive. But your dragons won't be standing for long! I end my turn with a face-down card. And since I played another spell card, I can place another spell counter on my Skilled White Magician.", Lance said with a frown.

"My move! I draw! Now I'll activate REDMD's effect! I'll special summon a dragon-type from my graveyard! Welcome back Red-Eyes Black Dragon!" Red-Eyes stood triumphantly stood upon returning to the field. Inferno smiled to his partner almost as if he was thinking the same thing as Inferno: 'Let's burn this punk to a crisp!'

Inferno continued his turn, "Then I'll play Red-Eyes Insight! This lets me add a 'Red-Eyes' spell or trap from my deck to my hand! I'll add Red-Eyes Fusion! Now I'll activate it! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact to the graveyard to fusion summon Meteor Black Comet Dragon! Now I'll activate his effect! Since he was fusion-summoned, I can send one 'Red-Eyes' normal monster from my deck to my graveyard and inflict half its attack as damage!" Lance winced as the flames licked at his life points! "You just made the worst mistake of your life. You tried to steal a dragon's treasure! Now you'll pay the price! I'll attack you directly with both of my dragons!"

"Not so fast! I activate my trap! Spiritual Swords of Revealing Light! Once per attack, I can pay 1000 life points to negate the attack!", Lance said triumphantly.

'This guy's just holding off the inevitable.' "I end my turn with a face-down card.", Inferno said with a small smile.

Inferno: 8000
Lance: 2400

"I draw! And now it ends! I play Swords of Revealing Light! This prevents your monsters from attacking! Now I can place a third spell counter on Skilled White Magician! Now I'll tribute him to special summon Buster Blader from my hand! Behold the ultimate bane of dragons!" A fearsome warrior clad in purple armor and wielding a gigantic sword appeared on the field! "Now that he's on the field, he gains 500 attack points for each dragon you control and in your graveyard! Then I'll play Assault Armor! I equip it to Buster Blader and then I'll send it to the graveyard so Buster Blader can attack twice! Now I'll strike down your Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! Buster Slash!"

"AGH!", Inferno wailed as REDMD was slashed into ribbons! 'It's okay Inferno!', Inferno thought as he calmed himself. 'You still win, even without REDMD at this point.'

Inferno: 4700
Lance: 2400

"Now for your other dragon!", Lance said with a smirk! Meteor Black Comet Dragon was destroyed with a single slash!

'This is it!' "You won't be getting at him!", Inferno said defiantly! "I activate my trap! Red-Eyes Burn! Since you destroyed one of my Red-Eyes monsters by battle, I can inflict its attack points as damage to both of us!"

"NO!", Lance wailed as flames crashed into both his and Inferno's life points! Inferno took a hit, but he was still standing by the end of it, but Lance's life points had dropped to zero! Inferno took Lance's star chips while he was processing his defeat,climbed up the rock Rarity was on, scooped her up into his arms and jumped down landing safely with her.

"My hero.", Rarity said as she kissed Inferno.

"Anything for my treasure.", Inferno said with a smile as he broke the kiss.

"Looks like one of us made it to the finals.", Burst said with a smile. "Just four more of us to go."