• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,446 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,446

Duel 6: Rising Shadow

'Hmmm. Which duelist shall be the first to fall by my hands?', Sombra wondered. He didn't have to wait long.

"Hey!", Rex Raptor shouted. "You're the top duelist Sombra aren't you?"

"And you are?", Sombra asked.

"WHAT?! You've never heard of the dino duelist Rex Raptor?! I was a regional champion!", Rex shouted.

"Maybe that's because you're a fossil. Just like your deck's monsters.", Sombra said with a smirk.

"You punk! I'll teach you! I've gotten five star chips so far! I'll wage them all on the line along with my pride!", Rex growled.

"Then I'll put up all of my star chips on the line as well. If only to accelerate your extinction."

Sombra: 8000
Rex Raptor: 8000

"I'm up first!", Rex said. "I discard Destroyersaurus! Now I can add the field spell Jurassic World to my hand! Now I'll activate it! All dinosaur-type monsters gain 300 attack! I summon Sabersaurus! Try and get past this blast from the past!"

"You're like your namesake. Big. Lumbering. And very foolish.", Sombra said with a smirk. "I draw! I play Soul Exchange! Now I'll tribute the monster you control and use it to bring out my own monster! Archfiend of Gilfer! Attack him directly! Gilfer Flame!"

"AGH!", Rex howled as the flames crashed into his life points!

"Next I'll set a card and end my turn."

Sombra: 8000
Rex Raptor: 5800

"It's not over yet!", Rex growled. "I summon Black Veloci! Now I activate the spell card Big Evolution Pill! I tribute Black Veloci! Now for the next three of your turns, I don't have to tribute summon for dinosaur-type monsters! Then I'll end my turn with a face-down."

"In that case, it's my move! I draw! Now I'll attack you directly! Gilfer!", Sombra commanded. "Attack him directly!"

"Not so fast! I activate Negate Attack! This stops your attack!"

"Hmph. No matter. I end my turn by summoning Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands and add a ritual monster to my hand."

"My turn! I draw!", Rex said. "I summon out Ultimate Tyranno! With him on the field, I can attack all monsters you control once! Go! Ultimate Tail Swipe!" All of Sombra's monsters were wiped out in a tail swipe! "I think Tyranno and I have trampled on you enough for this turn! That'll be all for me."

Sombra: 5000
Rex Raptor: 5800

"You shouldn't have taken down Gilfer. Now that he's been destroyed by your monster, I can equip Gilfer to your monster! He loses 500 attack points! Now I play the ritual spell Contract with the Dark Master! I'll tribute two monsters from my hand to bring out Dark Master-Zorc!" A pillar of shadow shot up from the ground and Zorc stepped out! "Now for his ability! Dark Dice Roll! I can roll a die and can activate an effect based on the number I roll!" A red die was rolled and came to a stop. "The result is a three! Now I can destroy one monster you control! Dark Thunder Break!" A black thunderbolt struck down Ultimate Tyranno! "Now Zorc can attack you directly! Dark Inferno!" Rex wailed in pain as dark flames burned away at his life points! "That should be enough punishment for now. I end my turn with a face-down card."

Sombra: 5000
Rex Raptor: 3100

"This isn't over! I've got an even stronger monster in my deck!", Rex boasted. But when he drew his next card, he froze in fear! Sombra noticed Rex's despair and smiled. Rex then noticed. "Wh-why are you smiling?!"

"I can sense your fear.", Sombra said as dark magic began to leak out of his eyes. "The time has come for your extinction! I draw! I equip Zorc with the Sword of Dark Destruction! This boosts Zorc's attack by 400 points! Enough to wipe out the last of your life points!" Sombra had an evil grin as dark magic leaked out of his eyes! "Zorc Oblivion!" Zorc wrapped his fist in darkness and obliterated the last of Rex's life points! Rex grumbled as he recovered from the force of the attack.

"Fine! Here's the star chips as promised. Now to put my cards back in....AHHH!" Rex panicked when he saw all of his cards were blank! Sombra snatched the star chips from Rex and walked off with an evil smile. "My cards!"

"So this is your power Zorc? You can sever the link between duelists and their cards?", Sombra asked.

"Yes. By severing the bonds between duelists and their cards, they can never duel again! That is, until WE undo the magic that separates them! And the spell can be undone by our hands, or when we are defeated. But with our might combined we are unstoppable! I shall reign over the monsters as their dark master! And you shall reign as the king of the human world!"

"Yes. King Sombra. I like the sound of that! How fitting that this tournament is named Duelist Kingdom. For this is where I shall be crowned among the fools that dared to stand against me!" Sombra walked off with seven star chips on his dueling glove. "Now. Who has the honor of being my next victim?"