• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,446 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,446

Duel 4: Heart of the Swarm

Burst, Inferno, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Sunset had arrived at the dock, and their friends and family had arrived to see them off. 'Heart of the cards. Guide us.', Burst thought as he and his friends waved goodbye as they boarded the boat. As they boarded. someone caught sight of Rainbow Dash.

"Dash? That you?", the girl asked. Rainbow Dash turned around and found herself looking at an old friend.

"Gilda?!" Rainbow Dash ran up to meet her old friend. "It's good to see you again! But how'd you make it into this tournament?"

"You know how I said I was going to be a pro duelist? Well I got noticed for my talent with Harpies!", Gilda said with a proud smile.

"Nice! My friends and I got special invites to participate! Come on! I'll introduce you!", Rainbow said with a grin. "Meet Burst, Inferno, Sunset, and Rarity!"

"Wait...Burst? As in...Burst Stream?", Gilda asked.

"Only me I know that's around.", Burst answered. "Beating Blueblood must've gotten around fast. Wasn't he one of the favorites to win?"

"Heck yeah he was! But now, everyone's hearing about the new kid on the block. Can't wait to see you in the finals! And Dash...", Gilda said as she turned to Rainbow. "Can't wait to take you on! Let's see if you got your Crystal Beasts perfected!"

"Same here G! How about we catch up? I wanna hear all about the AWESOME duels you've had!" Rainbow and Gilda went off to chat, so Burst and the others went to explore the ship.

"Huh. Some duelists are trading cards right before the tournament.", Burst noted.

"You'll not catch me doing such a thing. Each of my cards is like a precious gem.", Rarity said with a small smile.

"No way I'd ever give up my cards.", Inferno said. "The Red Eyes cards are pretty closely-knit. Mess with one, and you get the whole flock sicked on you!"

"Looks like there's also some dueling stars here.", Sunset said. "There's Garble. He's known for using a dragon deck. Usually he sticks to brute force. Then there's Chrysalis. She's known for tricky strategies and traps that she sets for her opponents. Let's hope she's not like her counterpart from Equestria."

"Why's that Sunset?", Burst asked.

"The Chrysalis from Equestria was the ruler of the changelings and was just as deceptive.", Sunset said. "Twilight told me about her on her last visit. She also impersonated the mare Twilight's brother was going to marry in a bid to takeover. Uh oh."

"What? Sunset what is it?", Burst asked.

"She's coming this way.", Sunset said nervously. Chrysalis had a smile as she walked over.

"One of you wouldn't happen to be Burst Stream would you?", she asked.

"That'd be me. So just what makes me such a big deal?", Burst asked.

"Everyone's heard of you. You did beat Blueblood. One of the favorites to win the tournament.", Chrysalis answered. "Say...how about a little wager?"

"What kind?", Burst asked.

"It's just one little duel. If I win, you hand over your rarest card. But if you win, I'll let you get a kiss.", Chrysalis said with a wink. "Interested?"

"No thanks. No way I'm risking my best card over something so stupid.", Burst said bluntly. "Besides, I've seen a girl prettier than you." And with that, Burst and his friends left. Chrysalis was fuming!

"That's it. I KNOW who I'm taking down first..." The next day, the boat arrived at the island Duelist Kingdom was being held at. Pegasus addressed the duelists as they gathered.

"Greetings duelists!", he announced. "Each of you have been invited because you are among the best of the new generation of duelists! And now the time has come to put your skills to the test! For the next few days, this island will be your battlefield! But only one among you will be left standing as the champion! Each of you has a dueling glove and two star chips. Any duelist who gains ten star chips will advance to my castle where the Duelist Kingdom Finals will be held! When the fireworks go off, the duels will begin! Good luck to all of you!" The crowd cheered, and the fireworks soon went off! Duelist Kingdom had begun!

"So which area should we scope out for duels first?", Rainbow asked.

"I'd say the forest. I saw a lot of duelists heading there.", Inferno said.

"Guess that's as good a place to start. Let's go.", Burst said. However as Burst as his friends entered the forest, Burst's friends were stuck in something! "Guys! What happened?!" Suddenly a giant spider web had materialized! Chrysalis then stepped out from behind the trees.

"I was wondering when you'd come into my parlor.", Chrysalis said with a smirk. "You humiliated me back on the boat Burst! And I won't let a brat like you get away with that!" Chrysalis activated her duel disk. "I'll put all of my star chips on the line! As well as the freedom of your friends! What do you say?"

"Bring it on Chryssi! I'll put both of my star chips on the line too! It's time to duel!", Burst said as he activated his duel disk!

Burst: 8000
Chrysalis: 8000

"Ladies first!", Chrysalis said. "I summon Cross-Sword Beetle! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"My move! I draw! I summon White Stone of Ancients in defense mode!", Burst said. 'Chrysalis has an insect deck. So there's no telling what kinds of creepy crawlies are in her deck. Plus, she's known for setting traps for her opponents. This is my first duel in a big tournament. I can't be careless!'

'Perfect! He's stepped into my web!'Chrysalis smirked. "I activate my trap! Infinite Dismissal! It destroys all level three or lower monster the turn they were summoned!"

"Then it's a good thing I'm ending my turn.", Burst said with a smile. White Stone of Ancients was instantly destroyed! "Now I can special summon a Blue Eyes monster from my deck! I special summon Blue Eyes White Dragon!" 'Blue-Eyes might not have any effects, but at least he's got good attack points!'

"My turn! I'll switch Cross-Sword Beetle into defense mode! Then I'll set another monster in defense mode! I end my turn." 'Now I just need him to take the bait. I have a little gift for Burst.'

"I draw!", Burst said. "I'll attack your face-down monster!" Chrysalis smiled as her monster was destroyed. "That's all for me."

"Thanks to you destroying Resonance Insect, I can add a level five or higher insect-type monster from my deck to my hand! Now I'll tribute your Blue Eyes White Dragon to special summon Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju to your field! Blue Eyes was gone and replaced with a giant spider that looked like it came from an old Godzilla movie! "Now I can special summon Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju from my hand! Then I'll tribute Cross-Sword Beetle to summon Empress Mantis! Now I'll equip her with Insect Armor with Laser Cannon! This increases her attack points by 700! Destroy Kumongous! Poison Dust Gust!" Burst winced as Kumongous was destroyed! "Then I'll attack you directly with Empress Mantis!" Empress Mantis cut into Burst's life points! "I end my turn. You're like a fly caught in my web! And next turn, my insects will bite the last of your life points!"

Burst: 4800
Chrysalis: 8000

'Looks like she's got an insect army! Well, I guess it's time to play exterminator! And I know just the bug zapper to fry her bugs!But first, I better wake them up!' "Not bad. But it's my turn! I draw! I'll play The Melody of Awakening Dragon! I discard a card to add two dragons with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! I'll reveal Blue Eyes White Dragon to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Now I'll activate his effect! I can target and destroy one monster you control! Your Gadarla just got bug-zapped!" Chrysalis winced as her strongest monster was destroyed! "Then I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive the Blue Eyes White Dragon in my graveyard! Attack her Empress Mantis! White Lightning!" Empress Mantis was fried with a blast of energy from Blue Eyes' mouth! "That's all for me."

Burst: 4800
Chrysalis: 7200

"I draw! I end my turn with a face-down.", Chrysalis said. 'Looks like my prey is putting up quite the fight. But trap should snare his life points again!'

"I'll destroy your monster with Blue Eyes Alternative's effect! Then I'll attack you directly with Blue Eyes!", Burst cried out!

"I activate Blazing Mirror Force! I can destroy all attack mode monster you control! Then we both take equal to half of their combined attack points!" Both Burst and Chrysalis winced as they both took damage!

"I play Trade-In to discard the Blue Eyes White dragon in my hand. Now I can draw two cards and now I'll end my turn." 'Great! Soon I'll be able to bring out just the monster to exterminate her hive of a deck!'

Burst: 1800
Chrysalis: 4200

"My turn.", Chrysalis said with a smirk. "I banish two insect-type monsters in my graveyard to special summon Doomdozer! But I won't have him attack yet. I'll let you squirm for an extra turn before I finish you! I want to savor my imminent victory." 'And now he's snared in my web once again. I think I'll see him squirm before

"Your overconfidence is your weakness Chrysalis.", Burst said as he drew his next card. "Because the duel isn't over until the last card is drawn! And the duel ends now! I play Dragon's Mirror! I'll banish the two Blue Eyes White Dragons in my graveyard and Blue Eyes Alternative since his name counts as Blue Eyes White Dragon while he's on the field or in the graveyard! I fusion summon Neo Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon!" Chrysalis gasped as Neo Ultimate descended! "I'll attack Doomdozer! Neo Neutron Blast!" Neo Ultimate unleashed a blast from all of it's three mouths! Incinerating him instantly!

Burst: 1800
Chrysalis: 2800

"But I'm not done yet! I can send another 'Blue-Eyes' fusion monster from my extra deck so I can attack again! Rock the dragon Neo Ultimate!"

"NO!", Chrysalis hissed as her life points dropped to zero! The spider web holding Burst's friends disintegrated and they regained movement. Burst then walked over and Chrysalis grumbled as she handed over her star chips. "Here. Take them.", she said with a pout. Burst went back to his friends, and Chrysalis watched sadly. Burst noticed her and went back to her.

"Maybe if you could improve your attitude, people might like you more.", Burst said with a smile. Burst then offered her his hand. Chrysalis took it with a puzzled expression on her face.

"I don't understand. I trapped your friends and forced you to duel me. Why are you forgiving me so easily?", she asked.

"Simple. You looked lonely. And I don't like seeing someone all alone.", Burst replied.

"Well...thanks. I guess.", Chrysalis said as she walked off. 'A guy like him would be perfect for Celestia.' Burst went back to his friends.

"Well I'm almost halfway to the tournament. Let's see where we can find some other duels to get us to the final round!"